<Insert generic Olaf QQ thread name here>

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hardyharhar6

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
Olaf still pumps out true damage and is still immune to CC.

not sure what all the nerf QQ is about, really.
Read the OP. Instead of hitting 1 or a couple things hard they hit at least 4 different things.

Durzaka

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksiren View Post
Goodbye Olaf. It was nice knowing you before Riot nerfed you into oblivion.

I love how instead of targeting a couple things about a champion's kit when they nerf them they usually hit the -entire- kit. In this case, huge nerf to undertow on ganks, 33% increase to Vicious Strikes CD, nerf to health items which he builds on, and the huge nerf to his ultimate passive. Before his ultimate was a defensive skill - pop it to cleanse and gain defensive steroid. Now we're supposed to use it offensively too? Amalgamate much? This just doesn't make sense.

Nerfs scale multiplicatively. If you nerf one variable of a champions power by X % it nerfs their total power by that amount (assuming it's a core aspect of the kit). Now, if you nerf multiple variables of the kit by the same X % it does NOT nerf their total power by X, but instead X times the number of variables nerfed. My question is this: Why does Riot always do this? Why can they not just hit 1 or a couple things and go from there instead of constantly destroying champions with one overnerf and then reverting them... ?

I hope this doesn't sound too pessimistic but it's a legitimate concern.
Agreed and +1.

I dont think olaf players can argue that we didnt need a nerf. But nerfing 3/4 of his kit with a great mighty swing of the axe, instead of taking a scalpel to it (like most nerfs SHOULD be handled, but rarely are) just sucks.

w0nderw4ll

02-01-2013

Wow ty my fellow brolaf. Ive been shouting at dragonds for months now. Weird I useto be able to obtain more hp back in season 2 with him

IS13940001471ffbdf28d0e

02-01-2013

I agree that Riot went a bit too far on this, and I was the one who made some QQ threads. However, I hate Olaf, I am not happy and not sad about the Olaf. Increase his ult duration by 1 second and he is good.

hardyharhar6

02-01-2013

Tbh this doesn't even seem like a QQ thread. The OP made some good points that I wish Riot would actually listen to or at least read.

Ghrrk

02-01-2013

I didn't see the nerf coming. I bought Olaf with ip two days ago, played one game with him yesterday...

hardyharhar6

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghrrk View Post
I didn't see the nerf coming. I bought Olaf with ip two days ago, played one game with him yesterday...
Tbh he did need a nerf. But not like this to his ENTIRE kit. A few things needed to be toned down but that was it. There wasn't even a reason to change his Q slow to dissipate over time.

NatureSpring

02-01-2013

Ugh..Jarvan IV was the first champ i bought and the only champ i played and after the nerfs and the newest champs that can escape his ultimate really made me disappointed i left j4 in a corner. Then i discovered olaf it made me happy again and started to main him..then these nerfs came..RIOT YOU ARE GIVING ME A REASON NOT TO PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE...1st j4 now olaf? Is it a crime to be strong?. What have you got against manly beards?..

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Bump please.

hexagland

02-01-2013

I play Olaf pretty much every day (mainly just in AI matches because I do a 3v3 AI game when my FWOTD is up), I noticed a big difference playing him today. I used to be able to consistently catch runners after 2 axes or so, now the best I can usually do is stay close enough to land another axe. The slow nerf on his Q makes a big difference.