Underpowered Sona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maoh01

02-01-2013

I dont know if im just too noob, but my impresions playing Sona are:
-Her healing skill is not that bad
-Her speed skill is not that bad
-Her damage skill is not that bad
-Her ulti is not that bad, but it has such a short duration

So... she doesnt has any awesome skill; i mean shes good but there are better options out there... lots and lots of better options.
What you guys think?

Atik L Yar

02-01-2013

Her auras are totally what makes her. All Sona has to do is show up, and a fight can completely turn around.

AD and AP builds can also put out some damage. And her Ultimate is great during team fights.

She's one of my favorite champs, and she scales really well into the late game.

ImTuyet

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maoh01 View Post
TITLE: UP SONA
-Her healing skill is not that bad
-Her speed skill is not that bad
-Her damage skill is not that bad
-Her ulti is not that bad, but it has such a short duration
What?
Edit: Her ulti is not awesome? Short cooldown, AoE stun for 1,5s. Her Q can be used to poke or even kill the enemies. And can you outrun a Sona? I guess no...

Acanthus

02-01-2013

You're not paying attention to her most critical points: Her power chord and auras. Her power chords range from pure damage (valor), to 'true' 20% damage reduction on a target (perseverance), and a 40% ms slow (celerity). Her valor aura gives 40 ad and ap at max level, her perseverance aura gives 15 (+20 for 3 seconds upon use on healed champion/self) armor and mr at max level, and of course celerity gives movement speed. She essentially has 7 skills and 3 auras, 2 of which are very powerful in combat. Being a former piano player, I rather appreciate the effects I can have on combat when I keep a tear of the goddess and chalice by playing spells by playing the spells in different combinations to achieve the effects I want through the power chord and keeping the auras up as much as I can (they last for a second after you use another spell).

reavemearone

02-01-2013

I do agree with sona's healing needing to be buffed a bit, but other then that she's fine if you play her correctly. Just stack some mana regen and a Athene's and you're good....... that's if you have people who know when to run from team fights or go into team fights. That's really the big use of Sona. If people know when to jump into a team fight her ult is op giving her team a good amount of time to do serious damage, and if they know when to run it could save your teammates from feeding/just dying.

Also she needs to have a new skin the involves a spin table, like this: http://www.inven.co.kr/common/image/...0402446002.jpg mixed with http://matitaispirati.deviantart.com...inal-261083696

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-02-2013

ಠ_ಠ read her 4 passives

Robotiny

02-02-2013

She's not great yet with a good ADC she can completely shut down bottom lane with harass AND supports? Play with a good ADC and you will have scores like 1/0/21 every game.

Crimson5pheonix

02-02-2013

Welcome to support? She's not here to do damage, she's here to hypercarry. Watch her roll up to a teamfight, stun everyone, then buff her allies to ridiculous levels. Watch how fast her team wins fights.

Elf Elix

02-02-2013

She's fine. A slight bit op early game if she has some ap. I prefer her mid lane instead of support. Most mid lane squishies cant handle her poke or sustain like she can. Q E Q *passive auto* all day every day. Once she has grail or archs she stays in lane forever. She doesn't even NEED to push. She'll just farm nonstop. Then late game shes another support. Which is why I would only recommend this if your bot lane support is a tank.

JevelFaithful

02-02-2013

Yeah basically, you're forgetting some points in your analysis :
her 3 power-spells. (powerE is a nice nuke early game, powerW a good way to win a skirmish, powerE is the difference between ashe fleeing away and dying)
the fact her ult can mean an insta-win in a teamfight if used in a choke point.
Her early game poke is pretty impressive on a squishy. I mean Q+powerQ.
Her aura giving almost 0.5 to 1 full free item to everyone. Most skills give something like 1 full item to 1 person.