If you think about it.. Darius's ult isnt a big deal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-31-2013

His W is actually alot more of an issue. But that's not the point of this. I just want to point out how silly people sound trying to nerf his ult.

RadiantPyrophore

01-31-2013

Kayle nerfs Darius' ult.

So hard that you might as well delete yourself from the game if you lock in Darius and Kayle gets picked.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
Kayle nerfs Darius' ult.

So hard that you might as well delete yourself from the game if you lock in Darius and Kayle gets picked.
ironically, his W is still relevant during that ult lol

RadiantPyrophore

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
ironically, his W is still relevant during that ult lol
Assuming a 1v1 situation Kayle's Q+W combo make his W irrelevant.

In team fights his W can be a massive pain in the butt, but I assume you are talking about the free percent penetration and not the displacement.

Xerath is OP too then? He gets 40% free magic pen.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:

In team fights his W can be a massive pain in the butt, but I assume you are talking about the free percent penetration and not the displacement.

W is slow. E is grab+penetration.

I've never even played Darius and I know that.

Acanthus

01-31-2013

His w has an attack speed slow, which IS relevant. Anyway, stop bringing up Darius when I don't have access to my bookmarks (can't bump my skillcap thread D:<).

Broscious

01-31-2013

Quote:

I'm not sure you two are on the same page, his W is the slow and his E is the displacement with the armor penetration.

Regardless, comparing single abilities is apples and oranges because champions can play and function very differently. e.g. we could compare kha'zix and tristana jump because they are both deal damage on landing and refresh but it doesn't make any sense because the champions each use the abilities differently. Comparing within archetypes is generally the best you can hope for but still, champions within archetypes often don't share similar mechanics because they exist in the same archetype. More often than not each has abilities that are used for similar purposes but the mechanics differ to make champions feel distinct in their role. Support is arguably the most homogeneous archetype but that's the point of the post nor is it pertinent.

More on the actual topic though, the biggest problem that causes a lot of the complaining is his rather low skill in to high power out ratio. This exists because Darius does not have difficult mechanics to understand for most players and as a result it's very easy to get a lot of value out of the abilities. In a sense riot pushes people into using Darius' abilities correctly because each of his mechanics combo well into each other. By comparison, a champion like lee sin has a lot of mechanics involved in every single ability that don't all mesh together to achieve the same goal which makes decision making (and execution) more difficult for a higher skill in to lower power out ratio.

TealNinje

02-01-2013

Darius's W actually has infinite DPS capabilities. It just requires building a decent amount of CDR, and maintaining 5 stacks on the enemy.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broscious View Post
More on the actual topic though, the biggest problem that causes a lot of the complaining is his rather low skill in to high power out ratio. This exists because Darius does not have difficult mechanics to understand for most players and as a result it's very easy to get a lot of value out of the abilities. In a sense riot pushes people into using Darius' abilities correctly because each of his mechanics combo well into each other. By comparison, a champion like lee sin has a lot of mechanics involved in every single ability that don't all mesh together to achieve the same goal which makes decision making (and execution) more difficult for a higher skill in to lower power out ratio.
In a battle of strategy, a decade of training and a century of muscle memory still cannot match up to 30 seconds of preparedness. If you want to be rewarded for having a higher skillcap champion and can't appreciate what's already been given in a game that tries not to discriminate then you are just playing the wrong game. Simplicity is not something that should be looked down upon and disregarded and niether is utility for that matter since one's utility cap is often related to a champions skill level.