Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Vi a good jungler? And if so how should I build and what runes do I use?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unanswered pwns

01-31-2013

I'm just trying to find good junglers and vi seems fun. Is this a good idea or not?

Carapace

01-31-2013

Potentially. I would think attack speed runes might be a good choice, if you focus her W ability.

It may vary from player to player, I would also advise lifesteal quints since she can't really sustain herself very well.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/yodas-2-2k-elo-jungle-vi-1-vi-on-elobuff-281963

This is a good place to start.

I would not advise following that build religiously, but it's still a great starting point for jungle Vi!

xEnvious

01-31-2013

She's a good jungler and good all around if you can use your map to decide when to ult and when to just play passive. She has good engage and can dive the adc no problem.

My Vi runes are the standard on most AD's (mostly because I haven't gotten around to buying more) which is Atk dmg reds, armor yellows, mr blues, and AD quints.

You could probably mix them around with attack speed runes (though they aren't really needed with the attack speed buff on W) or if you're going for the more tanky role which she's also good at just use tank runes.

Build wise, Warmogs, Sunfire, Hexdrinker/Maw and Black Cleaver are all good items to build. It depends on the other team which order you build in/ what to build.

SeCKS Egai

01-31-2013

I began jungling since I found many teams lacking a tank if I failed to do so.

When I purchased Vi, I figured I'd end up using her Top Lane. With the changes to S3, I've found her a much better fit in team comps than your typical tank.

Right now, she serves as a great initiator and has a solid gank post 6, albeit her vault breaker alone offers a nice gap closer for ganks as well.

Unlike with my tanks, Vi is dangerous enough by herself and isn't dependent on allies to secure a kill.

Yoda has a 2200+ elo guide on Vi at mobafire. I use different runes, but its a good base to work with for sure, and he's easily a superior jungle to myself.

Liceomlett

02-01-2013

Her Q-R ganks have insane range

Kryxtol

02-01-2013

I have been for the most part 'maining' Vi jungle and I have to say it works out well for me. I'm going to give a quick rundown of a typical build and masteries/runes.

The one thing I do that's uncommon on her is start Wraiths/Red. Vi has amazing mana regen at early levels and doesn't require the blue buff IMO before level 6. This also gives me the potential to gank bottom lane first which is usually where I want to go to feed my AD carry.

Items:
- Machette + 5pots
- Boots of speed + Spirit Stone at 850g
- Berserker Greaves
- Spirit of the Elder Lizard
- Brutalizer --> Black Cleaver
- Giants Belt ->> Frozen Mallat
- Iceborn Gaunts
- Bloodthirster/Warmongs (depends if I need damage or Beef)

I get a lot of hate for it but IMO Vi's denting blows is where she shines. I go with the Greaves to give her faster attack speed to get off my 3 hits easily after a quick Q E E combo. The other thing I get hate for is the SotEL evolution from spirit stone. The funny thing here is that her E actually procs the fire damage from the stone, so it's really nice to harass or light everyone up when I'm in the middle of a team fight. I think it's very useful.

Build:
lvl1: W (Denting Blows)
lvl2: E
lvl3: Q

After this max out W first except when you have ult tier like normal.

Runes;
Armor Pen Marks x9
Armor Seals x9
Scaling Magic Res. Glyphs x9
Quints of Attack Damage / Quints of Movement Speed (either works for me)

Masteries: 21/9/0.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=0-4-0-0-4-0-0-3-1-0-2-2-0-0-1-3-0-1&tree2=1-0-4-2-0-0-1-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree3=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&v=2

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions on it I would be happy to answer, or maybe I'll post a quick video of me in a typical Vi jungle game to show it off.

Good luck out there!

Claytone

02-01-2013

Follow this guide: Its by someone who is legendary on Vi, and is 2500 elo.

http://www.lolking.net/guides/81095

lvl 1: w
lvl 2: e
lvl 3 : q
lvl 4: e (max e)
take r whenever.

MasterHellbent

02-01-2013

if you want to learn jungle VI watch XJ9 on twitch... hes an ahole but hes a godly jungler and all he plays is VI on his smurf

The P0ntiff

02-01-2013

Quote:
Kryxtol:
I have been for the most part 'maining' Vi jungle and I have to say it works out well for me. I'm going to give a quick rundown of a typical build and masteries/runes.

The one thing I do that's uncommon on her is start Wraiths/Red. Vi has amazing mana regen at early levels and doesn't require the blue buff IMO before level 6. This also gives me the potential to gank bottom lane first which is usually where I want to go to feed my AD carry.

Items:
- Machette + 5pots
- Boots of speed + Spirit Stone at 850g
- Berserker Greaves
- Spirit of the Elder Lizard
- Brutalizer --> Black Cleaver
- Giants Belt ->> Frozen Mallat
- Iceborn Gaunts
- Bloodthirster/Warmongs (depends if I need damage or Beef)

I get a lot of hate for it but IMO Vi's denting blows is where she shines. I go with the Greaves to give her faster attack speed to get off my 3 hits easily after a quick Q E E combo. The other thing I get hate for is the SotEL evolution from spirit stone. The funny thing here is that her E actually procs the fire damage from the stone, so it's really nice to harass or light everyone up when I'm in the middle of a team fight. I think it's very useful.

Build:
lvl1: W (Denting Blows)
lvl2: E
lvl3: Q

After this max out W first except when you have ult tier like normal.

Runes;
Armor Pen Marks x9
Armor Seals x9
Scaling Magic Res. Glyphs x9
Quints of Attack Damage / Quints of Movement Speed (either works for me)

Masteries: 21/9/0.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=0-4-0-0-4-0-0-3-1-0-2-2-0-0-1-3-0-1&tree2=1-0-4-2-0-0-1-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree3=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&v=2

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions on it I would be happy to answer, or maybe I'll post a quick video of me in a typical Vi jungle game to show it off.

Good luck out there!

I like most of what Kryxtol is suggesting here and it's a solid build. I've been mailing Vi jungle since she came out and I really like Lifesteal Quints on her. I start wolves, then blue, wraiths, back to wolves, then red and run flash/smite and 21/9/0. I buy machete and 5 pots to start, buy boots and 1 long sword first back. I limit my ganks pre 6 to 1-3 and try to focus on getting my ult ASAP. I like ad marks, armor seals and MR scaling glyphs, and I try to finish brutalizer first, then upgrade machete to spirit stone, then upgrade lvl 1 boots to boots of swiftness to cancel out my slow when charging Q.

I think it's hilarious that ppl flame Vi junglers for taking W first. With the % health dmg you get off W procs, you can kill blue buff (or red, if you like the aggressive route suggested) without smite usually (some help from mid/bot/top preferred but not necessary). Take W, then E, then it's dependent. If you're going to gank early (I.e. lvl 3) get a point in Q or there will be no gank. If not, get another point in E as level 2 of E significantly increases its dmg.

I usually max E first, but I could see maxing Q or W first as well. Experiment and see which you prefer. IMO that's style based. But, once you get lvl 6, it's time to dunk some fools. Honestly, I play Vi to ult ADC's and mid champs. There is nothing more fulfilling in this game than chasing down a Ziggs mid who just killed your Brand, charging Q, flashing, then ulting him just before the tower. It doesn't get old...ever.

To complete my build: spirit stone to Elder Lizard (dont let people tell you she's a wriggles champ, she isn't for what others already said about excessive force procing it on everyone in the blast), brutalizer into Black Cleaver, boots are up to u (honestly, AS is very good on Vi, so berserkers, Mercs, swiftness, or mobility could be viable), build a phage into Frozen Mallet as time and gold afford, and then it's situational. Warmogs, Aegis, Iceborn Gaunts...GA? It's up to you and your play style.

One thing I'll make note of is that the brutalizer and Elder Liz give you some nice CDR as well. This is going to sound stupid, but in case you didn't notice, I LOVE popping Vi's ult so hitting that 40% CDR is my goal throughout the entire game. This is achieved by keeping blue buff up as long as you can and looking for any opportunity to ult in. Be careful not to over extend (you'll likely find yourself doing this a lot when you first start playing her, especially in norms/solo que) as its easy to do with the combo of Q/Flash or Ghost/R. Its a great initiator, especially if you can hit the ADC's in the back with it because you'll do dmg to every champ in your path to squishy Ashe. BUT! Your allies will take a couple seconds to get up to you and take advantage. If you just ulted to initiate a TF, use your Q and/or flash immediately to get out of the death trap.

That's all I have for you, except to say that Vi is a very gratifying champ to play as jungle. I guarantee you'll be hooked after a couple games.

Oh! And don't forget to use Q to wall jump, position yourself behind minions/jungle for following up with E, and procing denting blows.