Ask Ezreal (v2)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Nami

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zral View Post
"Not as of yet," Ezreal replied, "But I'm sure as soon as I can get the encryption key it'll tell us everything."

Ezreal walked over behind his desk, pulling out an old scroll

"I've narrowed the possible keys down to about 10 patterns," He explains, "None of these patterns seem to fit the tome's symbols and make sense. It either must be written in an old language that no one knows, or there's some other pattern I'm missing. I've been trying to find something written on these guys to see if I could match them up."

Ezreal thought for a moment, remembering something, "You know, I think, but don't quote me on this, there may have been a hidden white smooth stone in one of the temple's doorways of the ruins. I wonder if it's even still there."
Nami listened intently, nodding and trying to understand everything being said to her "So you narrowed it down to ten keys but none of them work, so the best thing to happen would be to find someone who can read the language, however unlikely that is. Where did you find the patterns in the first place?" She looks at him "It might be worth going out and checking if it is there."

Colonel qt

02-01-2013

Ezreal,

WHATS YOUR BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!!!

Ézrëal

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Nami View Post
Nami listened intently, nodding and trying to understand everything being said to her "So you narrowed it down to ten keys but none of them work, so the best thing to happen would be to find someone who can read the language, however unlikely that is. Where did you find the patterns in the first place?" She looks at him "It might be worth going out and checking if it is there."
"Well I copied down the symbols here," Ezreal explained, pulling out an equally as old and torn scroll, "If you'd like, maybe you could try your luck at deciphering it."

Ezreal pushed the scroll of symbols and the list of possible keys to Nami, while thinking of her last statement, "You know, it couldn't hurt to make a return trip. Although I don't know if it's exactly...water accessible for you. No offence, of course."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek
Ezreal,

WHATS YOUR BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!!!
"Something tells me this was coming eventually," Ezreal chuckled, "Suffice to say, my "breakfast" includes what ever's readily available when I'm out on my adventures. Usually nothing more than a couple granola or protein bars."

AskVeigar

02-01-2013

As the hooded man studies the stone he picked up he brings it up to his ear and shakes it a bit before setting it down.

"Ezreal is there any chance you have been searching for a temple?"

Ásk Ryze

02-01-2013

Quote:
"Yes well, what about you?" Ezreal asked, "I mean, you probably hold more magic in your right hand than Xerath does in his whole....whatever he calls a body. Why would you ever be concerned about a few kids doing magic tricks?"
"It is not that they are doing magic tricks, that is acceptible." Ryze said. "It is that they have substantial power without any training needed to harness it. Raw and relatively untapped power. Think about this: It took me half of my life to get the power I have now. If this continues along the current trend, then we will have untrained, childhood mages more powerful than I in under a century.

Ézrëal

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloral View Post
As the hooded man studies the stone he picked up he brings it up to his ear and shakes it a bit before setting it down.

"Ezreal is there any chance you have been searching for a temple?"
"Always my good man," Ezreal remarked, "Why you happen to know of one?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk Ryze
"It is not that they are doing magic tricks, that is acceptible." Ryze said. "It is that they have substantial power without any training needed to harness it. Raw and relatively untapped power. Think about this: It took me half of my life to get the power I have now. If this continues along the current trend, then we will have untrained, childhood mages more powerful than I in under a century.
"Like Annie?" Ezreal pointed out, "I must admit, it does seem to be easier to obtain some form of power these days. Let's just hope those who have it can use it right. What would you have done to slow down this trend?"

Ásk Ryze

02-01-2013

Quote:
"Like Annie?" Ezreal pointed out, "I must admit, it does seem to be easier to obtain some form of power these days. Let's just hope those who have it can use it right. What would you have done to slow down this trend?"
"Yes, Annie is one example. Syndra is another." Ryze frowned at that thought. "I doubt that there is anything I can do to change it, nor should I. It is just something that should be prepared for and monitored. We cannot risk beings of that power running amok, without the training or restraint to control their power."

Ézrëal

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk Ryze View Post
"Yes, Annie is one example. Syndra is another." Ryze frowned at that thought. "I doubt that there is anything I can do to change it, nor should I. It is just something that should be prepared for and monitored. We cannot risk beings of that power running amok, without the training or restraint to control their power."
"Perhaps what we need is more institutions to teach kids how to control their power," Ezreal suggested, "The problem is, not everyone will have the same abilities. I think, what we need to do is build like a safe arena just for practicing magic, kinda like the fields but for everyone. It would have to be closely monitored so no one goes and blows everything up, but it would give people a chance to understand their magic a little better."

AskVeigar

02-01-2013

The hooded man smiles.

"I ask because you may just have a map to one right here."

Ásk Ryze

02-01-2013

Quote:
"Perhaps what we need is more institutions to teach kids how to control their power," Ezreal suggested, "The problem is, not everyone will have the same abilities. I think, what we need to do is build like a safe arena just for practicing magic, kinda like the fields but for everyone. It would have to be closely monitored so no one goes and blows everything up, but it would give people a chance to understand their magic a little better."
"That is actually a very good idea. I will put that as a suggestion in my paper. Thank you." Ryze replied.