Disable Insta-Lock

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ongelvin

01-31-2013

Set a reasonable period, say 15 seconds, where the Lock Champion button is greyed out. This prevents multiple players from locking their champions in before any attempt at discussion can be made.

Hobobski

02-01-2013

I'm Heimerdinger and the decision is final.

Oz SammyD X

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongelvin View Post
Set a reasonable period, say 15 seconds, where the Lock Champion button is greyed out. This prevents multiple players from locking their champions in before any attempt at discussion can be made.
I have said to do this many times, Riot dont even care so dont bother.

Zehla

02-01-2013

Never saw the huge deal with autolockers. If I wanted to play something they picked, oh well, I have every class except support I can play. Honestly I just think people get mad when they can't play what they want to play - auto lockers are being more immature about it sure, but so long as they do well at the champion, it's for the greater good of the team in the end.

Arcticfury

02-01-2013

This won't change anything except allow the people with really slow connections a chance to spam click their auto lock at 15 secs.

In Normals I win more often when my team doesn't follow a Meta than when we do, I really see no reason for any changes to worsen the system.

ongelvin

02-05-2013

My grief is not with players disregarding meta. It is with multiple players insta-locking and then two of them suddenly regret it based on the other insta-lock. A 15 second window would act as a cooling off period, nothing more.

Arcticfury

02-05-2013

Still won't change most things. I play normals to practice my champs, I will pick Twitch or Olaf or whomever I just bought regardless of lane or counters. Normals isn't supposed to be so organized. And if they can't lock for 15 seconds I really don't see this stopping most ppl.

FlippantFox

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehla View Post
Never saw the huge deal with autolockers.... but so long as they do well at the champion, it's for the greater good of the team in the end.
That's great - except that they rarely do well. Insti-locking is the antithesis of team play, and the people who do it are virtually never team players.

In my experience, people who insti-lock have 3 things in common:

1. They lose their lane in kills, CS, and/or turrets. They're typically not best-in-class players.
2. They fail to respond and/or respond very slowly to pings, and generally have bad map awareness.
3. They will never roam or help other lanes, and have little to no team-fight presence.

I really wish they would remove the lock button altogether as well. Insti-lockers are only part of the reason why though. My main reason has to do with the fact that crybabies and trolls like to use insti-locking to try to force someone else out of a role they called.

And as a practical matter, I never see all ten players lock early anyway, so the feature's existence does nothing to speed up the selection process.

Arcticfury

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfynsong View Post
That's great - except that they rarely do well. Insti-locking is the antithesis of team play, and the people who do it are virtually never team players.

In my experience, people who insti-lock have 3 things in common:

1. They lose their lane in kills, CS, and/or turrets. They're typically not best-in-class players.
2. They fail to respond and/or respond very slowly to pings, and generally have bad map awareness.
3. They will never roam or help other lanes, and have little to no team-fight presence.

I really wish they would remove the lock button altogether as well. Insti-lockers are only part of the reason why though. My main reason has to do with the fact that crybabies and trolls like to use insti-locking to try to force someone else out of a role they called.

And as a practical matter, I never see all ten players lock early anyway, so the feature's existence does nothing to speed up the selection process.
A few corrections here. I almost always just play the role or champ I want in normals and my win rate is quite high there. So your experiences with auto-lock peeps is just that, your perception of your experience and not necessarily the whole.

Second, they already have this feature in place, it's called draft. People must pick in order and it's timed and you can see the other team's picks and thus counter.

It sounds like to me, that you don't want to get what you're asking for since it already exists, but that you can get a feature that allows you to control the other 4 players on your team. This won't happen because it's impossible.

FlippantFox

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
A few corrections here.

Of course it's based off my experience. I said so from the start.

I also play the role I want a majority of the time. However, I dont insti-lock, and I communicate with my team so that, if there is a major problem, I can work to resolve it.

Secondly, pick order / call order isn't the issue here, it's about communication and ensuring that your team is working well together. Besides, not everyone wants to play Draft all the time.

Thirdly, I don't want to be controlling. I'm not going to order people to play a role they don't want. What I'm tired of is seeing trolls and whiners using insti-locking to try and control others.