Champion Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frightning

02-01-2013

If you like jumpin in and assassinating people I might suggest trying Akali or Diana for AP, and Lee Sin, Pantheon, Talon for AD assassins. (There are some others iirc).

Akali - I'd peg her as medium/medium high skill cap, she relies on her W to allow her to pop in and out in fights, which can be countered by vision wards/oracles, but has excellent burst and an insane gap closer for her R which make her a very effective assassin imo.

Diana - Probably one of the easiest assassins to play, she has recently seen a drastic nerf followed by a faily significant buff so it's somewhat tough to judge her current power level, but at least in my experience it seems to be pretty balanced right now. She is quite durable thanks to the mechanics of her W, and can get a lot damage out of her R over the course of a fight if she is able to only cast it on targets affected by her Q.

Lee Sin - My personal favorite champion in the league. A fantastic jungler, viable top and even mid. He has insane mobility and utility making him a fantastic play maker and a favorite in high level play. He takes a great deal of time to master, but is actually fairly forgiving to inexperienced players, once you learn how to take advantage of his versatile kit (at first you'll probably have a really hard time playing him well, I sure did)

Pantheon - This is the only one I don't own out the above five champions. I've seen him in action enough to have a pretty good idea where he stands. He can snowball very well, and can deal a lot of damage in a short time, especially when fed. Can become very durable as well thanks in part to his W's passive effect.

Talon - Probably the most effective overall counter to mid lane mages in the game. His E's Silence is a death sentence to many casters in a lane fight. Add to that excellent farming capabilities with his W and an R which has a fantastically short cooldown for how much damage it does and how large it is, and you have a assassin with a very strong potential to snowball and carry games (my win rate with him is insanely high, like 70%).

Frightning

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute 42 View Post
AP Yi is all about the resets. He cleans house if he can reset.

So if you like that reset assassination style, Kat is your champion. Notable mention goes to Akali as well. In fact, you might really like Akali. A fed Akali is just about the scariest thing ever, especially for newer players.

Also, don't build Yi hybrid. You go full AD or full AP. AP Yi is better right now because melee carries are in a bad spot meta-wise.
Actually, I've had the most success with a tankydps build on Master Yi myself.

Absolute 42

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frightning View Post
Actually, I've had the most success with a tankydps build on Master Yi myself.
Hmm I've never seen that in action. Maybe I'll try it. What do you build?

Frightning

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute 42 View Post
Hmm I've never seen that in action. Maybe I'll try it. What do you build?
I typically am jungling him, so Wriggle's Lantern, Mercury's Treads are first, after that Trinity Force is pretty good, so is The Black Cleaver, (I often pick up an Avarice Blade before building these for the gp10), then it's time to get health Frozen Mallet is my preference, after this Atma's Impaler, Wit's End, Maw of Malmortius are all worthy of consideration (and ofc Guardian Angel). The basic idea behind the build to fill the role of an anti-carry, pop R and Q to their ADC and smash their health bar as fast as you can (they can't use slows to kite either, and you're tanky so you shouldn't explode). In short, you give up having inbuilt CC for better DPS steroids compared to most fighters,

This type of build honestly works on most melee carries, as it fixes their defense deficiency.

phromic

02-01-2013

no one considered shaco . he can do a lot of the things yi does and can be built similar . i have always found him fun to play win or loose . i know a bunch will say he is week . nah plus you are not 30 . lower levels he is majorly dangerous .he can wreck shop and be majorly annoying , ninja turrets like crazy .he is very good in jungle. he has nasty boxes u can set up that will cc (fear) for teams fights or instant kill with a couple in bushes . pop your ult and whoever you are focusing is dead . he has escape tactics and a slow . he hurts anyone running away from you because of his passive .

i am just saying if he is free sometime give him a try .