Perseus Pathneon is a fraud!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Weesnaw

02-01-2013

I have a problem with Pantheon's Perseus skin. First of all, the Pantheon is a Roman temple. Perseus is part of Greek mythology. Next, the details of his skin are off. Perseus's weapon was not the trident, it was the sickle. His shield is supposed to have Medusa's head on it, and even so that shield belongs to Athena. Also, his feet are enourmous. They are the size of his head, and they are supposed to have wings on them, as a gift from Hermes. I also don't see the magic wallet where Perseus carried Medusa's head? Hm? These are a few things that are historically incorrect, and i would consider a reskin for the sake of Perseus's dignity.

Sincerely,
The Weesnaw

HeisenBjergg

02-01-2013

This is amazing you make some very interesting points. I appreciate people like you, who take it upon themselves to better the game. Riot please consider re skinning the skin .
Sincerely
The Crusty Bones

LitoJ

02-01-2013

Well, I personally admire your attention to the technical details, however most of the skins in the LoL universe are usually simply inspired or loosely based on real world(or real world fictional) references, rather than perfectly copied and pasted onto the game.

Take Shen's MK skins for example.
Both skins have the whole feel and overall appearance of an MK ninja, but once you go down to all the very details that the characters would have in their respective games(Yellow Jacket Shen has no rope and kunai at the end for instance), it really isn't all that accurate.
It's just about what the skin has been inspired by to be incorporated into League, and how we can all appreciate these icons in world cultures/pop culture by having them honored in a game with quite the popularity in today's times.

Crimson5pheonix

02-01-2013

Pantheon is a roman temple, but it's a Greek word which is where the Pantheon temple got it's name. While Perseus never used a trident, a sickle wouldn't work on Pantheon because of his skill set. Perseus did, however, have a lot of adventures involving the sea and a trident is the perennial weapon of "the sea". Finally, his shield has Cassiopeia's (LoL's Cassiopeia, not the character from Perseus' story) who is reminiscent of a gorgon, so it fits :P

As to the other stuff, details. Maybe if they made it into a legendary skin?

PH Marciano

02-02-2013

Really good points, but you got to remember that Pantheon is a fictional champ, he dosent need exactly to follow as hystorical facts, so they put what they think it's more cool.

From PR

02-02-2013

make more mythological champs!! that would be so cool :O

Phoe Dragon

02-02-2013

Haha I enjoyed this. I do like the skin as it is, but as its accuracy you are correct. I would enjoy seeing it improved though. That would be pretty great.