Riot, stop removing mana regen!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snes C

01-31-2013

Doesn't a Doran's Ring pretty much solve your early-game mana problems?

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafodalho View Post
the mana regen on those items weren't very useful...its like giving mana regen to phantom dancers

the only thing it does is increasing the cost
No, it would be like if DFG had mana regen and they removed it.

Remember what happened?

*remembers DFG spam by manaless mids*

alaskaneagle

01-31-2013

I do wonder why they decided to snip out the mana regen. It's like saying "ok you ap's can have some better items for dmg, you just can't use them enough to matter"

rastarogue

01-31-2013

Actually my problem now is that I cannot find a mana regen item for supports or tanks after philo.

Lethminite

01-31-2013

I kinda just wish they'd go "manaless champions turn mana and mana regen into health and health regen at X% efficency".

Now they don't mind having a random wasted fairy charm on the build, and mana champs can get splashed mana regen.

msgerbs

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorkle View Post
You guys can't be serious. A few months ago people wanted nashor's buffed, along with morello's.

The reason? The mana regen was taking up stats on the item which weren't really favorable.

The regen was so little, that you were just wasting money buying those items.

Honestly go search the forums for threads on either of those items.
I didn't. So it's 230g less, woopdee****indoo. I'd rather have mana regen than 230g, so I can actually harass my opponent, especially when my opponent is a manaless mid spamming spells all day.

msgerbs

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethminite View Post
I kinda just wish they'd go "manaless champions turn mana and mana regen into health and health regen at X% efficency".

Now they don't mind having a random wasted fairy charm on the build, and mana champs can get splashed mana regen.
Dear sweet jesus, no.

Not making use of the mana stat of items is more than a fair trade off for no mana management. They still benefit highly from the CDR stat, meanwhile mana casters are still restricted by mana from spamming.

Madra

01-31-2013

Janna's mana costs are so bloated that she needs as much mana/mana regen as possible; especially considering all the useless items she gets forced to carry around all game.

Madra

01-31-2013

The reason they are cutting out mana regen is because mid is the only champion that really needs it in most cases, and they get to have the blue buff. Those who need more mana than what that allows are expected to buy one of the few "I need mana now!" items still left in the game... tear, chalice, or a combo of RoA and other mana crystal items.

msgerbs

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madra View Post
The reason they are cutting out mana regen is because mid is the only champion that really needs it in most cases, and they get to have the blue buff. Those who need more mana than what that allows are expected to buy one of the few "I need mana now!" items still left in the game... tear, chalice, or a combo of RoA and other mana crystal items.
So we're balancing the game around mid getting blue from the jungler all game. I guess blue is no longer a nice (optional) buff, but a required part of mid laners' kits? What a great idea that is.