Riot, stop removing mana regen!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekrose View Post
you get Athenes because it also gives you a rediculous amount of AP and CDR. Also refreshes mana on kill/assist
60 ap really isn't that ridiculous for the things slot and gold efficiency.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uglyQT

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekrose View Post
you get Athenes because it also gives you a rediculous amount of AP and CDR. Also refreshes mana on kill/assist
or you can rush rab hat and wreck faces.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sasanian

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grockk View Post
Nashor's Tooth
Combine cost reduced to 200 gold from 250 (total cost reduced to 2270 gold from 2500)
No longer grants any mana regen

WOW a crappy item got crappier!! sure we'll see everyone running around with this one!!!
LOOOOLLL you are dumb as **** if you dont see how insane of a buff that is on some certain champions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iridos

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Yeah, I was really, really disappointed to see that Codex is losing mp5. That made it a reliable early-midgame buy for a lot of champions, with a couple of decent upgrade options... especially morellonomicon if you were playing from behind and had to go Kage's Pick. This is... really bad. Really, really bad.

And to the people saying that runes and masteries keep you from having to dedicate an item slot to mana regen: you're wrong. With the current meta being speed clearing waves and roaming from mid, mana champions are functionally required to spam out a lot of mana to clear waves quickly. Runes and masteries just can't cut it, and sometimes (often, in lower ELO) the jungler needs the blue more than the mid. Removing mp5 options narrows available build orders for mana champions, often forcing them into sub-par lategame builds, as well as gimping their midgame by forcing early investment into mana instead of damage or defense stats.

TL,DR, I'm extremely unhappy about the removal of mp5 from items like the Codex. Please revert these changes or provide alternative mp5 options.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyQT View Post
i guess no one read op's post. He wants splashes of mana regen into core ap/caster items i.e zhyonas/hat (just examples).

He feels like mana champs who rely on early ap and have mild mana problems should not have to make the descision of going oom in lane/fights or having strong mid game damage. So building tear and rushing chalice is not really viable on them.
that is not happening because champions without mana build those core ap items


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorkle

Member

01-31-2013

You guys can't be serious. A few months ago people wanted nashor's buffed, along with morello's.

The reason? The mana regen was taking up stats on the item which weren't really favorable.

The regen was so little, that you were just wasting money buying those items.

Honestly go search the forums for threads on either of those items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dw im here

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgerbs View Post
Thanks for showing how carefully you read the post, guys. Tear and Athene's are both pretty much dedicated mana items for champions that need a lot of mana. What about if I only want a little extra mana regen? Then what?
then use mana regen runes or buy a faerie charm

or learn to sustain your mana properly

then what?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
that is not happening because champions without mana build those core ap items
why not?

they eat the few hundred gold in wasted stats no big deal. they are already way ahead of mana users in the early game anyway. why should they have better itemization options as well?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Menea6587

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
why not?

they eat the few hundred gold in wasted stats no big deal. they are already way ahead of mana users in the early game anyway. why should they have better itemization options as well?
Morde and Vlad have really strong early game?
News to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stephen Fry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Mana is one of the most generous limiting reagents in the game...are you seriously complaining about it?