True/False Kog(AP) is the 2nd strongest champion in Dominion right now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Hey yer right. 0.3. My bad. Still I think the point stands. Even though you can spam it a lot faster than most nukes, you can also spam the Base Damage that much faster too, right?

So even though from a spammability point of view that the AP ratio isn't bad, I think you can still see that getting heavy Penetration for the 360 base dmg is top priority, then whatever AP you get as icing on the cake.

ricedream5

02-01-2013

Yup, AP is not as cost effective as mpen is, especially considering how awesome void + flatpen is in S3. However, it is incredibly hilarious when you build a DFG and stack a ton of AP with the Mpen and going super glass cannon over mana/survivability. The moment when _blank_ comes to assassinate Kog, and dies in <1s is pretty awesome. Or you camp some squishy mage or adc, and assassinate them. Still, I only recommend this when you feel like epicly trolling the enemies.

I do think you're wrong on mana regen. I think other than mana regen seals, and tears, you should *not* spend any at all on mana regen. Mana regen does not allow you to keep spamming, mana does. Chalice/grail is a trap item. Instead, getting tears(which I actually almost never upgrade) alone will allow you to cast up to 10 stacks, and ideally you've just dealt 5k+ damage to the enemy team in ~6s, likely winning the teamfight.

konfetarius

02-01-2013

Mana Regen to be multiplied allows you to still have some juice left in case you run dry (which can happen if you can't afford to stop shooting and are spend in excess of 600 mana per second).

But, yeah, AP Kog can't do true permanent sustaining barrage anymore. That took the power of the pre-nerf Blue Golem buff.