Champion Idea: Skarbrand, The Skull Taker

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Timmers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Champion Lore:
Demacia, the glorious golden city of Valoran, home to many of Runeterra's warriors. However this peace did not last forever, Noxus and Demacia had began a terrible war that would destroy everything. The warring factions fought against themselves, hundreds were slain every hour, thousands every day. The landscape was stained in blood, its rivers ran red and the disease was abundant. There were many articles written about each battle, recording the dead and its impact on the war. However, there was one battles records that were destroyed so no-one could know of the terrible evil that was released into Runeterra that day. The entire battlefield was swamped in a thick red carpet, many bodies had drowned in the blood. The commanders of both Noxus and Demacia knew that the battle was hopeless and too many had died. Then, he appeared. The wind started to pick up, but the soldiers fighting thought nothing of it. The fighting carried on, the wind pushing soldiers to the ground. Then the soldiers noticed it. The wind wailed, the noise was deafening, both sides soldiers tired to cover their ears. It was hopeless. The torrent of wind sped up, it also started to gain a blood red hue. Both forces were confused and fearful, the men started to flee. The red wind started to gather in the thickest of the fight. Both commanders knew that a very powerful magic had entered the fray, nothing they had ever seen. Then everything, just for a second, went silent. After that, it became a slaughter. The wind suddenly exploded in a violent torrent of eldritch magic. A ferocious roar beckoned throughout the battlefield as a large horned monster leaped out of the center of the explosion.Nearby soldiers were cut apart instantly, as the beast swiped his sword from left to right. Its blade glowed with red energy, it sliced through the thickest of armour and shattered the strongest of swords. The creature lept from soldier to soldier, getting ever closer to the Demacian commander. The Demacian captain ordered his men to fall back, he was to take on the monster himself. The men parted, leaving a gap between both forces, leaving the entity and the captain inside. The captain, so full of bravery, exclaimed that he would end this beasts massacre. Silence echoed, then a hellish laugh beckoned forth from the red figure. Without any thought the figure lept towards the captain, they exchanged blows. Yet no matter how hard the captain tried to block the blows, he could not. The final blow was delivered to his head, cutting it clean off from his torso. His body hit the floor with a thud, his head griped between the creatures claws. The creature bellowed ;

"Fight me if you dare mortals! For I am Skarbrand!, Daemon born of fire and blood, the Doom, Death and the Darkness that shall destroy this world! Your heroes shall meet my blade, and shall become an eternal warning to those who dare oppose my strength!"

(He would look like this:https://www.google.com.hk/search?q=S...9a%3B444%3B319)

This is my first champion idea that I've posted. This is also my first post on the League of legends forums . So please any comments and feedback would be appreciated. It would also be good if someone could set some base stats for him :P. Im not very good at deciding on that stuff. My ideas for him to be a AD/Bruiser and uses no system for his abilities. (Similar to Garen, with the longer cooldowns)

Possible Skin Ideas:
Winged Skarbrand?
Human Skarbrand?
Dragon Skarbrand?

Roles: AD Carry, AD/Bruiser

Passive: "Skull-Taker"
Each time Skarbrand slays an enemy champion he claims their "Skull". Each "Skull" will give him AD (10) and Lifesteal (1%).
(This will work similar to the item: 'Blood Thirster', except have no maximum stack.)

Q: "Dismember"
Skarbrand's next attack does 40/60/80/100/120 (+1.5) physical damage. If the target is below 25% health, the target's movement and attack speed will be slowed by 5/7/9/11/13% for 1.5 seconds. (This does not stack)

Cooldown: 8 Seconds
Slow Duration: 1.5 seconds
Cost: None

W: "Daemonic Fury"
Passive: Increases his Attack Speed by 15%
(Skarbrand's thirst for blood has driven him insane, granting him higher reflexes to assure his dominance in combat. )
Active: The passive of "Daemonic Fury" is doubled for 5 seconds and gives him 20% critical strike chance.

Cooldown: 12 seconds

E: "Engage"
Skarbrand dashes to a target, dealing 75/125/175/225/250 (+0.70) magic damage.

Cooldown: 10 seconds
Range: 475

R: "Doom, Death and Darkness"
Skarbrand finishs his chosen target with one last strike. Skarbrand throws his blade into the target dealing 110/220/330 (+0.75) physical damage. If the target dies by "Doom, Death and Darkness" the sword releases a powerful shockwave slowing all nearby enemy champions by 15%.

Cooldown: 130 seconds
Range of Throw: 600
Range of Shockwave: 750
Slow Duration: 2 seconds

If you read this far, I would appreciate some comments and ideas . I would love my idea to be looked at by some Riot employees! Even if they don't like his abilities I would love a daemon type character . I will try to keep up and update the character when I get comments on a possible nerf or buff.

*UPDATE* (Feb 1st 2013):
Q: Changed the damage (+1.7) to (+1.5)
ULT: Changed from doing True damage to Physical damage, also changed the prevention of movement to a slow instead.
*UPDATE* (Feb 3rd 2013):
Lore: Made new lore
Passive: Doesn't lose stacks on death. Passive changed so that he can only claim souls from champions, but the bonus AD and Lifesteal is increased.
E: Changed the teleport to a dash instead. Also changed damage to magic instead of physical
ULT: Changed the chain animation to a large shockwave.
UPDATE (March 1st 2013)
Lore: Corrected typo
Q: Added missing slow duration
W: Added cost
E: Added cost
R: Added cost

Mastadon

01-31-2013

pretty creative idea. Love it man. Ult seems a little OP to do true damage though. Maybe it could deal damage and slow? Maybe reduce healing effects? idk

smexylolrus

Recruiter

01-31-2013

Hey man. I posted my first champ today too.

His passive is neat but he should probably have a low base damage and low damage per level. This really puts an emphasis on being a bit weaker early but getting a sweet late game. I would make his AS lower than average too.

The Q might hit a bit too hard-hitting with 1.7 bonus AD. The slow shouldnt last too long because it is a VERY hefty amount.

his W is a nice steroid. It lasts a long time but also has a long CD so it's not imba. I know i prefer more briefer spells but to each their own.

the E is totally necessary for a melee who emphasizes damage. He can't be kited. works well with his kit.

Executions are always fun but you do need to be careful with all true damage. This seems OK even if the range is higher than I would expect for a melee to be able to execute with. Whats the duration on the Chains?
P.S. this ability sounds like it could look so badass!

A pretty fun melee who could itemize as a bruiser or like a tryndamere. Good stuff

EDIT: upvoted

Timmers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstopabull7 View Post
pretty creative idea. Love it man. Ult seems a little OP to do true damage though. Maybe it could deal damage and slow? Maybe reduce healing effects? idk
Yeah, I agree. I will change the Ult from doing True damage to Physical. I will also change the prevention of movement to a slow. Thanks for the feedback

Timmers

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by smexylolrus View Post
Hey man. I posted my first champ today too.

His passive is neat but he should probably have a low base damage and low damage per level. This really puts an emphasis on being a bit weaker early but getting a sweet late game. I would make his AS lower than average too.

The Q might hit a bit too hard-hitting with 1.7 bonus AD. The slow shouldnt last too long because it is a VERY hefty amount.

his W is a nice steroid. It lasts a long time but also has a long CD so it's not imba. I know i prefer more briefer spells but to each their own.

the E is totally necessary for a melee who emphasizes damage. He can't be kited. works well with his kit.

Executions are always fun but you do need to be careful with all true damage. This seems OK even if the range is higher than I would expect for a melee to be able to execute with. Whats the duration on the Chains?
P.S. this ability sounds like it could look so badass!

A pretty fun melee who could itemize as a bruiser or like a tryndamere. Good stuff
Thanks! I am going to tweak the damage on his Q and the slow. As I said I am going to change his ult too.

ButtTouchBrigade

01-31-2013

I like it ^-^ Though something that could be cool

(Idk if it would make him a support) but on his ult, instead of just being nearby champions, it would be all champions. Or would that be overpowered. I don't know~

Timmers

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekorrah View Post
I like it ^-^ Though something that could be cool

(Idk if it would make him a support) but on his ult, instead of just being nearby champions, it would be all champions. Or would that be overpowered. I don't know~
His ult used to be ALL enemy champions, but I changed it because it would be overpowered an the animation would go ballistic! It would fly all around the map, possibly revealing their location xD.

ButtTouchBrigade

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmers View Post
His ult used to be ALL enemy champions, but I changed it because it would be overpowered an the animation would go ballistic! It would fly all around the map, possibly revealing their location xD.

you're right ;w;

Minish Cap

01-31-2013

I like the map wide slow idea, maybe chains coming from the ground?

or chains come from him upwards, and they hail down onto the enemy champions.

Minish Cap

01-31-2013

ohbtw, I love the idea