So much QQ for AP Yi.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hollowtek

01-31-2013

Has anyone even tried playing AP Yi against someone with a knockback, stun, silence, knock up, fear, etc.?

The only benefit of AP Yi is to clean up and the only sustain he has is meditate, which has a MEGA long CD.

Why nerf an insanely situational pick to begin with?...

Soraffeson

01-31-2013

Have you ever played against an AP Yi that is played right? He down right dominates. It takes NOOOO skill at all to play Master Yi. He can jungle, dominate mid lane, penta kill in a 5v5 team just by stacking AP items and popping his R, then Q then auto attacking after popping his E. I have yet to see a nerf that affected Yi.

MMHSTerror

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraffeson View Post
Have you ever played against an AP Yi that is played right? He down right dominates. It takes NOOOO skill at all to play Master Yi. He can jungle, dominate mid lane, penta kill in a 5v5 team just by stacking AP items and popping his R, then Q then auto attacking after popping his E. I have yet to see a nerf that affected Yi.
If it takes no skill to play him as you claim, there wouldn't be a wrong or right way to play him. You shouldn't talk about AP Yi if you don't know how to play him. A competent AP Yi would spend time auto attacking in a team fight except for that one strike with Lichbane proc.

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Having a champ with a way to disrupt his Meditate doesn't help if the AP Yi has even half a brain. They get to farm/poke with literally no risk since he's untargettable, and if you manage to get him low he'll just hide under his turret to meditate so you can't knock him out of it. It really takes no skill to hit Q and get 100 gold every time you do, and as soon as you get Ionian Boots and Morellonomicon you can do it every 6 seconds (about every 4.5 seconds by the time he's done being untargettable). His poke/harass isn't skill based, just total luck, so there's no way to predict or avoid it, it just hits you sometimes and sometimes doesn't. The only way to totally avoid his harass is to be out of the XP zone in lane, which only makes you lose harder. I honestly think they're going to have to nerf him further in order to bring him in line as an AP mid.

Soraffeson

01-31-2013

There is no wrong or right way to play him... unless you build stupid... You can be a tank as Master yi by stacking armor...(which i've seen) and still do good damage...you be AD Yi or AP yi...or you can be a support/pusher (not a good one mind you) for your adc by lowering the enemy ADC down and letting your ADC take the kill or even make it so your adc can farm minions faster. I've played master yi numerous times and he still dominates.

Pinker 10

01-31-2013

His harass actually is predictable, and not luck. There is a range between each jump in which it WILL prioritize champions. Same as sona q. Same as fiddle silence. "oh em gee fiddle just hit me three times with his silence cus there was two almost dead minions near me so op and unpredictable"