Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highborne View Post
And the champs runes are what? The FREE PORTION OF THE BUNDLE?

No, sorry try again.
Lol i love this. It's their "go to" i paid more so everyone should.

Incomitatus

02-01-2013

I for one would like to thank you RiotAmes for all of your efforts, including the initial one, to try and give players who didn't own or weren't wanting to buy a needless bundle for only one Skin, something very cool now that Annie has been remade. I was thoroughly looking forward to buying this skin, and playing Annie for the first time ever, I'll admit, that while I'm disappointed it's no longer going to be available exclusively, I understand completely why the decision was made.

I really appreciate that you tried to give us something awesome, and took many of our wishes into consideration, even after all this blowup. I personally do not buy skins because they're "rare", I buy them because they either give me incredible joy using them, or I think they're awesome content that is worth paying for (sort of like admiring and paying for art that you truly appreciate and want to support). Any skin I deem cool I pretty much purchase, and again, I just want to thank you and Hipp for thinking of us, and even considering a system that will allow us to buy it in the future.

You guys truly, unquestionably, care about your fans\gamers\customers, in ways other businesses just can't compare. You'll take the backlash, the heat, the aggression, just to try and allow others to enjoy the game, and even if it's not a perfect idea, or one that creates more drama than joy, I have to applaud you guys for at least trying. Thank you for being awesome.

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
Until everyone in game starts trolling any Goth Annie they see played since they decided to be such giant ******bags.
Good idea. Prepare yourselves "GOTH ANNIE MAINS".

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
That makes me sad, but I don't have the data to look at so I can't make any arguments on it, but perhaps doing what was done for Goth Annie on other skins that are actually owned by a lot of people might be good. It shows Riot doesn't let their old content become forgotten and stale. Obviously not all skins and models can get updated, and I don't know if I'd have picked Goth Annie to be one of them, but I surely would not be butt hurt if a skin I didn't own (and couldn't obtain) got a VU. It shows me Riot cares even if I can't personally benefit from it, others are.
Oh so NOW you are all altruistic, but **** people who wanted to buy YOUR skin? I hope everyone remembers this when none of the older stuff gets updated cause of the massive butthurt on the forums if they try to sell it.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WReX85 View Post
To the people crying bait and switch...... lol...... with this logic blackfriday is the biggest bait and switch day of the year. League did not bait you into buying the bundle. You chose to spend the money for the bundle. If they want to put it on sale then that is riots prerogative.
People with the skin aren't claiming bait and switch. People who wanted the skin, who then purchased RP in preparation for it, and then realized the sale wouldn't happen are (and incorrectly) claiming bait and switch.

Quote:
Sure, why not? It's not like someone else having them means the other person suddenly no longer has it, and having equal availability of all skins removes any tendency for people to be smug elitist jerks going "neener neener neeener, you caaaaan't haaave this!" like a first grader.
Then they might as well not make the skins as many of their purposes are to be unique skins to certain events such as the triumphants and pax skins.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

When Riot remakes a skin they should have a chance to change how it's marketed. Personally I feel all remade skins of a certain quality bar should see a permanent place in the current store. No sales or gimmicks. This is some of the best stuff Riot is putting out and it should be available.

People did not buy Goth Annie's current skin when they got goth Annie long ago. They got a weaker skin on an older champion that was basically a recolor. The new Goth Annie is still, arguably, a recolor but is definitely at a higher standard.

If they ever give Magnificent Twisted Fate the proper treatment. He should go into the regular store as a legendary skin. Riot should refund RP to the people that previously owned him and those people should keep MTF. New people get a chance at him and a better version of a skin people believed in gets to exist.

I feel the same way about Goth Annie. Exclusivity is freaking stupid. When a champion gets turned from old Annie into new Annie all bets should be off. Give an RP refund equivalent to the old skins price, let them keep Goth Annie, and place her back in the story in a permanent spot. Old players get rewarded for their loyalty by having a new kick ass skin and an excuse to get some other awesome Riot offering. New players get a chance at Goth Annie.

I own little red riding Annie. I feel the same exact way about her. She's easily a weaker skin then Goth now. I'm 100% happy to see it upgraded and do feel others should get an opportunity to own her.

If Riot has made any mistake here it was the surprise of the matter. A bit more warning may have helped. I also feel the lesson from the old legendary sale rings true. I don't need an RP refund myself but they do go a long way. What's the worst that happens, someone gets an excuse to play more LoL with their new shiny?

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Oh so NOW you are all altruistic, but **** people who wanted to buy YOUR skin? I hope everyone remembers this when none of the older stuff gets updated cause of the massive butthurt on the forums if they try to sell it.
I'd still be advocating the same thing if it was a skin I didn't own but was intended to be limited to certain availability. I'm not saying this just because I own Goth Annie.

SplendidSorrow

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Then they might as well not make the skins as many of their purposes are to be unique skins to certain events such as the triumphants and pax skins.
Heaven forbid people want to purchase a skin, designed as a reward for people supporting the game, to support the game.

Cynicatt

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highborne View Post
I'd agree with this, I hate Silver Kayle, and I have Season 1 kayle so I never use Silver.
I have no Annie skins, let me trade?
Also i have Human Ryze...but I want Blackistar, let me trade for that too.
Comon Hipp, throw us a bone, we paid HUGE for these skins, but they suck, let us switch for free k?
When I started playing the game, I bought the physical version of the bundle with Silver Kayle in it, if I'm remembering correctly it was because the online version of the bundle was more expensive. If anything, I think the VU of Annie kind of makes the difference in bundle price understandable instead of odd. Silver Kayle is a sucky skin, and her bundle is 20 bucks. Goth Annie is a great skin and her bundle is 30ish dollars. The trade wouldn't really be of equal value.

Though I would gladly trade up Silver Kayle for Goth Annie...

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
Heaven forbid people want to purchase a skin, designed as a reward for people supporting the game, to support the game.
Right? all the crying is more like"NO DONT KEEP RiOT IN BUSINESS!"