Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raizau

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
I'm still annoyed that Riot have no balls to back up their decision, is not the first time something like this happens, HAVE SOME GUTS NEXT TIME.

Also, I'm really pissed that the Silver Kayle skin is such an inferior product compared to Goth Annie, make me wish I never bought the Retail Version when I started playing to support Riot, it was clearly a mistake.

Thatts why me and my friend stole the codes from the boxes at target

KinkyPinkyPie

02-01-2013

Just give me the difference i paid for 1 skin 8-9 months ago and im fine but look if something is New and improved it doesn't mean everyone has to have it otherwise put all those other Limited skins or bundle only skins up for sale before this turns into an issue of Arctic Caytlin

Severrin

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaniel View Post
I also own Goth Annie, along with Black Alistar, Silver Kayle, and Human Ryze.

To get all of them, I had to pre-order the game online, (Black Alistar and Goth Annie) as well as preorder a physical copy of the game at Gamestop.

The ONLY thing I really received from buying the one at Gamestop were the two skins and a few runes, as they were the same bundle.

Riot then released the bundle with Huntress Sivir, which also cost a pretty penny. I dropped more RP on that bundle just for the Huntress Sivir skin.

Please understand that to make these skins available to the public they have to give the middle finger to customers like me that paid a lot of money just for the skins.

I do understand the other side of the argument, but even to offer it at a lower price when so many people dropped the 3900 RP for the bundle even though they only got the skin out of it would be a massive slap in the face.
Things go on sale all the time in life. YOU were the one willing to pay 3900 RP for a skin and only that. That doesn't mean because you were willing to throw that much RP at it that it should never be available for cheaper since there are many people who want it who AREN'T willing to pay that much for just it. Stop acting so entitled.

IGamer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizau View Post
Hippalus is an idiot. He keeps going to the point that "Oh ma gawd it got downvoted so quickly in an hour" do you not realize first of all people possess multiple accounts to downvote. And second off 300 players is not the majority of league players. you should have let it played out.

^ One of the reasons why I hate the agree/disagree feature on forums.

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
This, i'll trade Silver Kayle for Goth Annie? Come at me Collectors. you can just drop another 3900rp to get goth again.
I'd agree with this, I hate Silver Kayle, and I have Season 1 kayle so I never use Silver.

I have no Annie skins, let me trade?

Also i have Human Ryze...but I want Blackistar, let me trade for that too.

Comon Hipp, throw us a bone, we paid HUGE for these skins, but they suck, let us switch for free k?

Culgrim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

It isn't about "balls", it's about trying to make people happy and feel secured and confident in their purchase. I don't think they went into this looking to mess up peoples day, When the backlash came they looked at it and saw how many players would be "hurt" by the decision and decided it wasn't the best course. Say what you want but that takes a certain amount of conviction and humility. The simple fact that they will not do something because of customer outcry means that they listen. Unfortunately it ended up in a position where two camps were formed and ONE was going to be upset. But, This way One camp doesn't gain something they never had and the other feels like it lost nothing that they did have.

KinkyPinkyPie

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I wanted to speak about this for a moment but haven't been able to due to work. The OP seems pretty fair and constructive, so this is a good active place for me to post.

I'm more or less to blame for the skin being put up for a temporary sale. I, and many others in the office, were surprised at just how awesome the skin was turning out during her visual update. From my background on the store, I knew that the skin had always been available for purchase and had never been specifically marked as limited or legacy.

That said to me that we had an opportunity to give players access to something awesome. I felt that the full bundle price was prohibitive (3900 RP) for this skin. So I reached out to Hippalus and a few others and suggested that we look for a way to give players a chance to get the skin on its own. Exactly as his post said- the goal was to make the skin awesome and provide a reasonable way to get it.

I don't have any weight on whether we sell it beyond that initial suggestion, nor am I looking to overturn the decision made. I just thought you guys might want some info on why the decision was made to make it available in the first place.

For what it's worth, I understand both sides of the argument here. The original idea was to be player focused and the current stance is intended to be player focused. In that regard, I'm satisfied either way.

Cant we just get a differences cause ya i think the fact i paid 2k more or so more then everyone else for a skin is a little bs personally aside form that idk who has it

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culgrim View Post
It isn't about "balls", it's about trying to make people happy and feel secured and confident in their purchase. I don't think they went into this looking to mess up peoples day, When the backlash came they looked at it and saw how many players would be "hurt" by the decision and decided it wasn't the best course. Say what you want but that takes a certain amount of conviction and humility. The simple fact that they will not do something because of customer outcry means that they listen. Unfortunately it ended up in a position where two camps were formed and ONE was going to be upset. But, This way One camp doesn't gain something they never had and the other feels like it lost nothing that they did have.
Until everyone in game starts trolling any Goth Annie they see played since they decided to be such giant ******bags.

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
For now, though, the learning experience matters. I work with the Relaunch team so a better understanding of how players feel about old skins that we're updating tells me quite a bit. Some of what it tells me is how we should spend our limited resources(IE, people)- adding VFX, etc, to skins (especially ones that you can't buy anymore) is a losing deal.
That makes me sad, but I don't have the data to look at so I can't make any arguments on it, but perhaps doing what was done for Goth Annie on other skins that are actually owned by a lot of people might be good. It shows Riot doesn't let their old content become forgotten and stale. Obviously not all skins and models can get updated, and I don't know if I'd have picked Goth Annie to be one of them, but I surely would not be butt hurt if a skin I didn't own (and couldn't obtain) got a VU. It shows me Riot cares even if I can't personally benefit from it, others are.

Quote:
If you bought the skin, hopefully you knew what you were buying. We don't need to add more, because we're already exceeding expectations by updating that skin for free. We're better served by moving on to the next champion, because most players actually do benefit from that.
Exceeding expectations in even the smallest areas can be good. But without being able to sell the changes directly I suppose it wouldn't be worth it in the long run.

Quote:
But we can make sure that we don't remove happiness that you already have.
And that's why I love Riot.

Quote:
Mostly this. I was doing some icon write ups, milestones for the next few relaunches(no, I'm not telling you), and looking into a potential RP purchase failure in Europe all around the same time that I started posting. But I'm done with that now.
I eagerly await the next relaunches.

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkyPinkyPie View Post
Cant we just get a differences cause ya i think the fact i paid 2k more or so more then everyone else for a skin is a little bs personally aside form that idk who has it
And the champs runes are what? The FREE PORTION OF THE BUNDLE?

No, sorry try again.