Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I'm still annoyed that Riot have no balls to back up their decision, is not the first time something like this happens, HAVE SOME GUTS NEXT TIME.

Also, I'm really pissed that the Silver Kayle skin is such an inferior product compared to Goth Annie, make me wish I never bought the Retail Version when I started playing to support Riot, it was clearly a mistake.

JazzPolice

02-01-2013

I think that everybody would be okay with the skin going on sale if the bundle was refundable.
Step 1 Refund the 3900 bundle
Step 2 Buy the 975 skin
Step 3 Don't qq.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnümaElish View Post
I don't get all the fuss about this. If it's good, let everyone have acess to it. Why would anyone want it to be inacessible to others?
King Rammus is good. Championship Riven is decent.. All the Triumphant Skins are decent. Why not let them be bought? What about all the PAX skins and other event skins? Should you suddenly get access to all these exclusive/limited/legacy/etc skins .. just because?

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaniel View Post
I also own Goth Annie, along with Black Alistar, Silver Kayle, and Human Ryze.

To get all of them, I had to pre-order the game online, (Black Alistar and Goth Annie) as well as preorder a physical copy of the game at Gamestop.

The ONLY thing I really received from buying the one at Gamestop were the two skins and a few runes, as they were the same bundle.

Riot then released the bundle with Huntress Sivir, which also cost a pretty penny. I dropped more RP on that bundle just for the Huntress Sivir skin.

Please understand that to make these skins available to the public they have to give the middle finger to customers like me that paid a lot of money just for the skins.

I do understand the other side of the argument, but even to offer it at a lower price when so many people dropped the 3900 RP for the bundle even though they only got the skin out of it would be a massive slap in the face.
I bet your the same type of person who pre-ordered gears of War 3, from all locations, then **** a giant brick at Epic for re-coloring all of the said "bonus" skins and giving them to free for everyone. just because you sepnd more to "collect" doesn't mean no one else should have a chance to obtain the skin aswell.

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaniel View Post
I also own Goth Annie, along with Black Alistar, Silver Kayle, and Human Ryze.

To get all of them, I had to pre-order the game online, (Black Alistar and Goth Annie) as well as preorder a physical copy of the game at Gamestop.

The ONLY thing I really received from buying the one at Gamestop were the two skins and a few runes, as they were the same bundle.

Riot then released the bundle with Huntress Sivir, which also cost a pretty penny. I dropped more RP on that bundle just for the Huntress Sivir skin.

Please understand that to make these skins available to the public they have to give the middle finger to customers like me that paid a lot of money just for the skins.

I do understand the other side of the argument, but even to offer it at a lower price when so many people dropped the 3900 RP for the bundle even though they only got the skin out of it would be a massive slap in the face.
If they "discounted, refunded, and gave you stuff because of your pain" would you still be upset?

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
I'm still annoyed that Riot have no balls to back up their decision, is not the first time something like this happens, HAVE SOME GUTS NEXT TIME.

Also, I'm really pissed that the Silver Kayle skin is such an inferior product compared to Goth Annie, make me wish I never bought the Retail Version when I started playing to support Riot, it was clearly a mistake.
Also true, Goth Annie got update, Silver Kayle should be automatically updated to the Aethir Kayle skin because Silver sucks so much.

Fair is fair.

WReX85

02-01-2013

I cant believe that this is what people are raising a big stink about!

Quote:
If I had a big bag of money and gave it to 1 small group of people for whatever reason (etc they earned it, inherited it, won it), and then there was another larger group of people who didn't get anything but they still wanted the money. Is it right that the smaller group of people should give their money away just because the larger group wants it?
This is a terrible analogy. Not even close babeeeee. Lets try this analogy.

True story. My friend bought a 51" Samsung tv at best buy for $1100. A few months later I see the same tv on sale for $799 so I buy it too. Now my friend did not cry like a little baby when I told him that i got the same tv for $300 cheaper then he did. He did not go to best buy and ***** them out for selling it to me for cheaper.

To the people crying bait and switch...... lol...... with this logic blackfriday is the biggest bait and switch day of the year. League did not bait you into buying the bundle. You chose to spend the money for the bundle. If they want to put it on sale then that is riots prerogative.

Riot just shot themselves in the foot by pulling the got annie skin sale. Riot lost a lot of money by not selling the skin. I cant believe that such a small portion of the community can cry so loud that riot did what they said and screwed over every one else who wanted the skin.

"Its my toy! You cant play with it!" L2 share children. Like this guy.

Quote:
A lot of middle finger must be given on black friday then.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
King Rammus is good. Championship Riven is decent.. All the Triumphant Skins are decent. Why not let them be bought? What about all the PAX skins and other event skins? Should you suddenly get access to all these exclusive/limited/legacy/etc skins .. just because?
Sure, why not? It's not like someone else having them means the other person suddenly no longer has it, and having equal availability of all skins removes any tendency for people to be smug elitist jerks going "neener neener neeener, you caaaaan't haaave this!" like a first grader.

Raizau

02-01-2013

Hippalus is an idiot. He keeps going to the point that "Oh ma gawd it got downvoted so quickly in an hour" do you not realize first of all people possess multiple accounts to downvote. And second off 300 players is not the majority of league players. you should have let it played out.

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highborne View Post
Also true, Goth Annie got update, Silver Kayle should be automatically updated to the Aethir Kayle skin because Silver sucks so much.

Fair is fair.
This, i'll trade Silver Kayle for Goth Annie? Come at me Collectors. you can just drop another 3900rp to get goth again.