Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valkaire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunahri View Post
And you are probably like me, and haven't cared for the skin whatsoever, hence why you kept buying all the champions in the bundle and ignored it. The only reason most people here are even giving it the time of day is because it got redone and looks awesome. Lots of people spent way more BEFORE it got redone. You shouldn't get it cheaper than they did just because it got a new look.
The Digital Collector's Pack costs RP 3900. It includes RP 1380 (RP 1779 on EUNE) for use in the store, 4 Special Summoner Runes which come out to IP 2255. Purchasing each champion individually comes out to IP 25,200 or RP 10,605.

Cheaper?

ThisIsPau

01-31-2013

Funny thing is I'm pretty sure that the group that bought that Bundle in the first place DID NOT buy it solely for the Annie Skin but for everything else in it including the extra RP.

All of a sudden now it seems like they bought it JUST for the Annie Skin.

Beep boop. What the sh*t.

Zurri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

lots of legacy skins got ruined as far as being rare but apparantly annie cant get ruined. money money money.

ToadKillerDog7

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunahri View Post
And you are probably like me, and haven't cared for the skin whatsoever, hence why you kept buying all the champions in the bundle and ignored it. The only reason most people here are even giving it the time of day is because it got redone and looks awesome. Lots of people spent way more BEFORE it got redone. You shouldn't get it cheaper than they did just because it got a new look.
Actually, no.
I've wanted that skin for a LONG time, but by the time I EVEN KNEW IT EXISTED, I'd already bought every champ within the bundle.

I DID buy a bundle, in fact. But I didn't know any of the bundles had skins in them when I bought mine when first starting. I bought the one that came with Katarina, Kassadin and Karthus when I started. I'd already bought Master Yi, Annie, Ryze, Warwick, Fiddlesticks, Cho'Gath, Amumu, and Tristana before buying any bundles. So I just assumed I didn't need this bundle.

By the time I saw someone using the Goth Annie skin, and looked it up to buy it, only to be disappointed that it wasn't in the shop I'd already owned seriously every champ within that bundle. Almost all of the champs in that bundle are cheap champs, and were cheap even when I started, so they're some of the first ones most new players will purchase via IP even.

I've regretted that decision for almost two years now, and got SUPER excited when I first read that I could buy the skin now, ESPECIALLY after it's gonna get such awesome rework treatment. But then those hopes were yanked right out from under my feet.

It feels REALLY dirty.

Lethminite

02-01-2013

I don't own the skin nor do i intend to, but in 2009 they did say it would be exclusive to the bundle, they should keep their word.
if they make the bundle better so more people want it for more than just the goth annie skin, thats a different issue.

But i think riot should keep their word about it being exclusive.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=exclusive

NJ Gamer

02-01-2013

What i find annoying is that Hippalus uses downvotes as his justification for revoking the decision to sell the skin.
Since when have downvotes ever been an acceptable view of the MAJORITY of the population? And when has Riot ever given in to downvotes in the past?
Perhaps there is another reason? Or are we just afraid of the little red number?

RixuS

02-01-2013

.. if you people want it for sale, whats the point of any exclusive skin?

If goth annie for sale, I say you must sell Franken annie too

SugÓrFreeMints

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I wanted to speak about this for a moment but haven't been able to due to work. The OP seems pretty fair and constructive, so this is a good active place for me to post.

I'm more or less to blame for the skin being put up for a temporary sale. I, and many others in the office, were surprised at just how awesome the skin was turning out during her visual update. From my background on the store, I knew that the skin had always been available for purchase and had never been specifically marked as limited or legacy.

That said to me that we had an opportunity to give players access to something awesome. I felt that the full bundle price was prohibitive (3900 RP) for this skin. So I reached out to Hippalus and a few others and suggested that we look for a way to give players a chance to get the skin on its own. Exactly as his post said- the goal was to make the skin awesome and provide a reasonable way to get it.

I don't have any weight on whether we sell it beyond that initial suggestion, nor am I looking to overturn the decision made. I just thought you guys might want some info on why the decision was made to make it available in the first place.

For what it's worth, I understand both sides of the argument here. The original idea was to be player focused and the current stance is intended to be player focused. In that regard, I'm satisfied either way.
Well good intentions without any considerations would create chaos and distrust..
at least you guys should discussed with prev bundle buyer and thinking something to compensate us before make a bold announcement about the sale.

namblagambla

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugÓrFreeMints View Post
Well good intentions without any considerations would create chaos and distrust..
at least you guys should discussed with prev bundle buyer and thinking something to compensate us before make a bold announcement about the sale.
"Compensate us". Toxic.

RixuS

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsPau View Post
Funny thing is I'm pretty sure that the group that bought that Bundle in the first place DID NOT buy it solely for the Annie Skin but for everything else in it including the extra RP.

All of a sudden now it seems like they bought it JUST for the Annie Skin.

Beep boop. What the sh*t.
I bought it for the annie skin.

Although annie used to be far more useful than she is today