Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jumping Salmon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Lenarin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highborne View Post
You must be new here, the reason they didn't sell the skin is because of an UNOFFICIAL POLL OF DOWNVOTES ON AN UNRELATED SITE.

Sorry for bringing math into it. But I didn't respond at all to the original decisions, just that he stated 70% of the players were being ignored. The poll did not constitute that many players, nor was it composed properly to accurately estimate the true player base proportion.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
28 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culgrim View Post
Ames, how are you even awake at this point?
It's probably the tail end of the cold I've been fighting off this week that's helping me stay up.

Wait, it doesn't work that way.

Uhh..

Really, I just care. I feel bad about this situation because it hasn't gone how I wanted it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouI Reaver View Post
gee thanks! I usually play alot of premade co-op for the more relaxed atmosphere but I'm sure we can get any game in, when you have a moment away from saving the forums, servers, etc.
Eh, what're you up to right now?

Esaul

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
No not a legal issue. And yeah, we're sorry for the mess. Ideas like this one get brought up as a way to do something cool for players and don't always have time to go through a full vetting process because we're busy working on bigger projects. This was Ames' idea and I gave it the green light - neither one of us foresaw the backlash.

In general, we try to implement stuff that players will value, and most of the time we get it right (gifting, champion price changes, bonus RP/IP, legacy skins sale, etc). We also try not to implement stuff that a significant number of players will hate, and within an hour of hitting the front page news, it was clear that selling Goth Annie in the store would piss off a lot of people, so I made the call to kill it. In hindsight, I wish I'd either squashed the idea upfront or put more time into gauging the player reaction.

In the end, no one here is worse off than they were yesterday except for people who bought RP they wouldn't have bought (I'll message you in game Toad), and people who are losing sleep over this for one reason or another. To all of those people, I am indeed sorry.
I think you handled this the best way possible. Thank you Hippalus.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGamer View Post
I read the comment, about 3 times, and my comment was direct to the one who said, and I quote:

Again, his comment doesn't make the argument any better. Also, I don't even think you know what "derp" means.
Follow the damn quote thread back... oh **** it. Father back some dumbass said that the poll here wasn't legit cause it was too small. To which he got told that the poll that got the sale pulled was downvotes on an outside site (reddit). There, now you are caughtr up since reading back one more quote was too hard. Protip: the little arrows take you back to the quote in question, and LOL forums don't nest quotes so you have to actually read a bit.

DominatorV4

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
What karma? I get to save my RP, this doesn't really affect me.

You make it sound as if I would be pissed if you made a thread mocking me for not getting goth annie.

No, I would not care. And that's one of the many things that we're different at.
No I wouldn't make a thread to insult you. Ya know, like how you made one to insult all the bundle buyers. I'm not like that.

XxxLumberJackxxX

02-01-2013

@Riot
Go to sleep. You're tired

SplendidSorrow

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
I think you don't understand how Karma works.

She has no mantra called "be an ass".
<3

The RoyaI We

02-01-2013

So is it 100% now that the only way to get Goth Annie is to buy the pack? :[

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Skratch View Post
Personally I think the bundle shouldn't be a flatline price but rather it takes into account all the benefits you'd receive from it and makes a price accordingly, since the bundle loses value the longer you play as you'll have the champions clearly.

On a new account, the 3900 is such a deal that you're stupid to not pick it up if you can. Yet on an account like mine that's been active since Fall 2010, you have all the champions in the bundle so all I get is one skin, it doesn't even have enough benefits to be considered like a Pulsefire Ezreal so I won't pay more than PFE price for it. I think in that event it should be 975 as well as taking away the RP it refunds. The runes I really do not need, they're silly at best.

I sincerely doubt a lot of players honestly spent 3900 just for the skin, it was just an added perk for most I am certain.

TL;DR - Make the bundle scale off of what you'll receive from it, or what you can. Having all champs makes it 975 and takes away the RP gained. Having none or very few is full priced with the RP bonus intact.
the WHOLE PURPOSE OF A BUNDLE is to give a discount based on buying the bundle.

Otherwise why have the bundle at all, or tailor it to not duplicate things?

However, when a good changes, the people who bought the bundle originally shouldn't get the new change unless they pay again because that was not waht they paid for the first time.

Think about this:

Original Bundle of Wine, Cheese, and a Goth Annie skin

Goth Annie gets upgrade

New Bundle of Wine, Cheese and a New Goth Annie skin.

The original bundle owners do not get the upgrade unless they pay for it.
New people get the new Goth Annie skin.

Fair is fair.