Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexenir

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilyra View Post
(But the art team sucks, look at DT Lulu and new Kayle!)
Now now, I have both, and sure, I don't think they're amazing, but you can definitely see the subtle things that the art team did to make these great. I gave my money to get them because of this.
To add a contrast, look the new J4 and Xin art splash.
They are simply beautiful.

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seras Victoria View Post
Why did this turn into a huge debate on ARAM?
4 posts? That isn't huge, McDonalds has pages.

ARAM is broken, it isn't a competitive mode (ie tournaments sanctioned by any professional league) as such the RANDOM factor of it should include champs you do not own to make the selection fair for all players.

Sadly, ARAM players are ******s and would rather game the system than play fair.

Jumping Salmon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
I'm not sure that is what should be taken away from this, although I am a bit biased of course. Adding things to unobtainable skins doesn't anger people -- I think it is more a way of giving thanks to people who supported Riot back in the day.

Most of the anger comes from confusion over different expectations and ideas. The way Goth Annie was marketed was that she would only be available through the collector's pack. Therefore people purchased it with that idea in mind. When that notion changes people get confused and then frustrated and angry.

Did people get angry when Bewitching Nidalee got bat particles? I never saw any overwhelming negativity towards that decision.
People won't complain if you give them a dollar, but ask to take one and half of them will get upset.

This is hot topic annie - the same "oh god thats horribly bad but awesome" skin level as hot topic poppy. A lot of my friends got the bundle back in the day and the Annie "skin" was always more of a joke than an incentive to buy it. Anyone saying otherwise either wants to make a profit off their account having limited items eventually or is lying. There is literally no other reason to be upset.

If this was King Rammus, victorious ___, or championship ryze or something I could see the anger behind the owners. Gothic Annie was a f***ing joke of a skin back in the day and was up until the visual rework. 10 bucks says if they said, before the visual rework, that they were going to finally sell Gothic Annie for 975 RP for a week not a single soul would care.

However, since all the entitled children get a shiny new visual update, no one else is allowed to get an easier way to share the same enjoyment. It's selfish tbh.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seras Victoria View Post
Why did this turn into a huge debate on ARAM?
7 or 8 posts is a huge debate on ARAM but 20-30 pages of hot coffee is ok?

And it was K

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Sometimes, so do I. But Jayce's snarky little smirk is just too good to pass up.
Oh, yeah, get Renekton into trouble with Human Nocturne and then abandon him. Such a snarky Jayce smirk thing to do.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highborne View Post
4 posts? That isn't huge, McDonalds has pages.

ARAM is broken, it isn't a competitive mode (ie tournaments sanctioned by any professional league) as such the RANDOM factor of it should include champs you do not own to make the selection fair for all players.

Sadly, ARAM players are ******s and would rather game the system than play fair.
Hey now, no name calling. I didn't say I disagreed with you, I just laid it out like it currently IS. Rejecting reality in favor of how things SHOULD be is dangerous.

theplague1369

02-01-2013

Quote:
I do think we can always improve how we do things and talking to players is part of that..
Please don't ever change that. I haven't been playing that long, and i've never spoken directly to anyone from Riot, but it completely blew my mind when i learned that Riot actually cares about the people that play enough to take the time to talk to them individually about things. Most big game companies couldn't care less, they just crank out content for people to buy, whether they really like it or not. You guys seem to give a voice to the community, even when a mistake or oversight is made. It makes me feel good to know the guys making the game care not only about the quality of the game they make, but are willing to listen to input from the guys they make it for.

Jumping Salmon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Depends. How do you feel about long walks on moonlit beaches? And chili-cheese dogs?

These are important questions.
If she farts in bed, jump ship. /ted

On a more serious note, I now need to find somewhere that serves chili-cheese dogs at 6am. Hm, a grocery store visit might be in order.

Also, I wonder what the opinion on releasing the gothic annie skin as an entirely different skin would be? Would people feel cheeseballed on the release or would it generally be accepted as a different skin?

also, also, lol@tryhard raz
|
|
V

Razrmeister

02-01-2013

Well, I'll just wait until it's available again... Riot does stuff for profit and they are basically screwing over 50% of the playerbase with this decision, based on this poll.

Bakabridget

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Thanks Ames for jumping in here.

Players who want to buy Goth Annie and already own most/all of the bundle will get their chance when we roll out new bundle tech that will adjust pricing for content they already own. That should happen in a month or two. That will also give us time to figure out if and how to comp players who overpaid for the bundle to get Goth Annie even when they already owned most of the content in the bundle.
Will this include people like myself who contacted support to have most of the content of the bundle removed from my account?