Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
24 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
YES!

I can picture her with colorful streamers that had randomly landed on her during a huge, drunken party flowing behind her and confetti in her hair. Well, that's all I thought up on the spot, but it sounds like a better idea than "Christmas Eve" which I presume would be too similar to Katarina's.
Sigh. That is also awesome. Love a good pun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
Ames, if you don't mind me asking is there any way that Silver Kayle will ever get a looking at since right now it doesn't have different particles or anything that really makes it feel like it should be a limited skin only obtainable from a bundle?
Unfortunately, I think this situation has shown that adding things to unobtainable skins is more harmful than helpful.

Jumping Salmon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I think asking for anyone to get fired is in bad taste, especially over something like this. I'd rather we tried things and failed than never tried at all. You may disagree- but that leads to some really boring places.

As far as your post goes, I wouldn't expect there to be a way to get Goth Annie outside of the bundle.
Ignore Razzy, he's a terrible troll with XXX sock accounts.

Hipp clarified that we would be getting bundle mark-downs based on what we owned in them in about a month or two. My question is simple: If I buy the bundle now (to enjoy Goth Annie during her visual rework) and this tech rolls out in 1-2 months, will I be credited at all? Or, would the 4k RP just be the price I have to pay for not waiting a month or two? Just curious, since I own every champ + every rune in the game and I was tempted to get goth annie.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highborne View Post
I am not against your point of view, but your argument is ridiculous.

In short, you should have just said, make her available in the store.

ARAM by definition should choose a random champ even if you don't own it since that is FAIR, so you are trying to bypass a system because you are a chump.
Umm... but it doesn't? It only chooses from free champs and champs you own... I guess I don't get what your problem is here. But we do agree on just put her in the store, at least.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
haha sorry, got carried away. I was so excited about the bundle revamp I stopped paying attention to the main thread
That and I was blown away Zero thinks that the thing a 79 year old woman wants most is a litigation paycheck.

Thanks for all the work Ames and Hip, sorry things didn't work out quite right but we all know you were only thinking of the players.
No, I'm sure it wasn't really down to her decision at that point. I don't put blame on her for reaching for that much but I do put blame on her for causing the situation in the first place. No matter how hot the coffee was. It could have been LAVA hot. She put it in a stupid place and then spilled it. She gets no sympathy from me nor does anyone who bought RP with the intent to buy Goth Annie to find out it was retracted. If I heard EVERY skin that was limited and legacy and all that jazz was going on sale tomorrow for 1 hour only, I'd wait until the sale to buy RP. Not a minute sooner. If I had a hot cup of coffee, I'd also sure as hell never put it in my lap without verifying it wasn't too hot to burn.

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Mage NA View Post
Ignore Razzy, he's a terrible troll with XXX sock accounts.

Hipp clarified that we would be getting bundle mark-downs based on what we owned in them in about a month or two. My question is simple: If I buy the bundle now (to enjoy Goth Annie during her visual rework) and this tech rolls out in 1-2 months, will I be credited at all? Or, would the 4k RP just be the price I have to pay for not waiting a month or two? Just curious, since I own every champ + every rune in the game and I was tempted to get goth annie.
Exactly, if there is ANY refund at all, why not just put bundle skins up for sale at either a 975 or increased price, or hell, reduced price?

Why even try to figure out a cost for skins that have no cost via refunds?

The whole thing smells of a failure in the making, with the easy solution is to just put the skins on sale either when the bundles change prices, champs get visual reworks, or just now for simplicity sake.

SouI Reaver

02-01-2013

Quote:
I think asking for anyone to get fired is in bad taste, especially over something like this. I'd rather we tried things and failed than never tried at all. You may disagree- but that leads to some really boring places.

As far as your post goes, I wouldn't expect there to be a way to get Goth Annie outside of the bundle.

kinda been up all night following this thread and have to say props to Ames, I had no idea Riot had people working 24hrs. You always respond wisely and at all hours to a variety of topics! Thanks for keeping us posted on this little debacle regarding Goth Annie.

Easily one of the best forum going Rioters out there. (would be great to get a game with you sometime! )

missing the kick*ss Bloodfury Renek icon heh-heh.

Cynicatt

02-01-2013

Quote:
Unfortunately, I think this situation has shown that adding things to unobtainable skins is more harmful than helpful.
I promise if you guys do I won't downvote a thread about releasing it for limited sale if that helps at all.

But yea you're right. :< that's too bad, it's kind of not the best skin as far as today's standards go. Does that mean Huntress Sivir will stay the same when you guys redo the champion?

Docccy

02-01-2013

@RiotAmes Will you marry me?

TheTurtleWizard

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
We paid 3900RP for something we thought was exclusive. If you're going to take that away from us, we expect something equally exclusive in exchange for going back on your word.
no what you payed 3900rp for was a bunch of champs and runes. but than you got a shtty recolor skin that now looks good and you are being a total aszhat about. 10$ rp card says you are not over the age of 18.

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
Umm... but it doesn't? It only chooses from free champs and champs you own... I guess I don't get what your problem is here.
The problem is ARAM is not following its own rules.

The random part should choose from all champs in the game, thus, random.

Not "All Pseudo-Random-Limited All Mid" as it stands now.

As you point out, players can game the system by having few champs available, giving them a better chance of getting a champ they want/is awesome in ARAMs compared to the other players who have more champs.

Ie why is it random at all?

Thus, the game is improperly coded.