Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoctorOswin

Junior Member

02-01-2013

Man this one needs a quick 300 likes so Riot will notice it....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thumbnail9

Senior Member

02-01-2013

You protected a lot of peoples investment on this one because goth annie is the only worthwhile skin with those bundles. Most likely the reason you even sold any of them.

Just shows you people want the skin because it was new and hip.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
Oh for ****s sake, take it somewhere else. You two have been going back and forth multiple times a page for like 20 god damn pages now about the stupid McDonald's coffee case. No one cares anymore about your debate.
haha sorry, got carried away. I was so excited about the bundle revamp I stopped paying attention to the main thread
That and I was blown away Zero thinks that the thing a 79 year old woman wants most is a litigation paycheck.

Thanks for all the work Ames and Hip, sorry things didn't work out quite right but we all know you were only thinking of the players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhai

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I think asking for anyone to get fired is in bad taste, especially over something like this. I'd rather we tried things and failed than never tried at all. You may disagree- but that leads to some really boring places.

As far as your post goes, I wouldn't expect there to be a way to get Goth Annie outside of the bundle.
Won't make the shots you don't take


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
I don't want the ****ing champions lol, I only play like 6-7 champs, I DO NOT enjoy playing any other regularly.

This "solution" is no different than just buying the bundle.

Edit: Ames that's another bad precedent lol, you actually respond to offensive posts? -_- I guess polite posts don't really work eh?
You don't want the champions? Then you don't get the skin. It's as simple as that. It's like expecting to get special event skins from the shop because you didn't want to spend the money and time to travel out to it. You are given the same availability to obtain things as everyone else is. If you don't want to take advantage of that, then don't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sedna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Awhile ago in a ticket I sent to riot support, I asked if I could get Gothic annie for 1350RP since I had already owned all but 3-4 of the champions in the package, at the time it was turned down, but in the future would this be an acceptable mid-grounds on the issue?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Highborne

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
Really? So if I want to get Goth Annie, I have to add characters like Fiddles, Rammus, Sivir, Teemo, Tryndamere, and Warwick to my list? I neither know how to play those characters nor have any desire to learn how to play those characters. But being FORCED to get them to get a skin adds them to my champ list, which means there is a decent chance they will come up in ARAM instead of a character I would actually like to play.

And my post is retarded... right.
I am not against your point of view, but your argument is ridiculous.

In short, you should have just said, make her available in the store.

ARAM by definition should choose a random champ even if you don't own it since that is FAIR, so you are trying to bypass a system because you are a chump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iueras

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I think asking for anyone to get fired is in bad taste, especially over something like this. I'd rather we tried things and failed than never tried at all. You may disagree- but that leads to some really boring places.

As far as your post goes, I wouldn't expect there to be a way to get Goth Annie outside of the bundle.
Almost as bad taste as wifflewaffling over decisions and literally baiting people into a one-way currency exchange with no recourse then being told "Nope LOL! Pay 4x as much or you get jack!"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Ames, if you don't mind me asking(and maybe you're not the one to ask about this) is there any way that Silver Kayle will ever get a looking at since right now it doesn't have different particles or anything that really makes it feel like it should be a limited skin only obtainable from a bundle?

I realize Kayle got her VU forever ago but I want to feel like a snowflake too... Goth Annie just really outshines it now and I'm so jelly. :<


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotClever View Post
Hipp I have a question for you and/or Ames. As a person who owns almost every Kayle skin (just check my account, I have Unmasked, Battle Born, Judgment, Aether Wing, and by next paycheck I'll have Viridian.) Was Silver Kayle (possibly my favorite) only available as a pre-order bonus for the physical copy? I've not seen anything other than the Digital Collectors for Goth Annie and the Champion Pack for Sivir.

On a side note would there be a chance you'd actually set up a "Bundle Skins pack" that sells all the bundle pack skins for a grouped price in consideration, maybe as a holiday deal?
Silver Kayle was not the pre-order bonus for the physical collector's pack. Instead it was the bonus for buying the physical copy period. Goth Annie is exclusive to the digital collector's pack.

Black Alistar was the pre-order bonus for the digital collector's pack and Human Ryze was the pre-order bonus for the physical collector's pack.

You can still get Silver Kayle if you look around for a physical copy of the game. The key should contain it. As for Black Alistar and Human Ryze, those are nearly impossible to get now.