Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spectre4802

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
Trying to keep everyone in your community happy all the time in any massive multiplayer online game is by definition a big, fat, no-win situation. Rolling over on a plan because some kids in the middle of the day whined about it loudly without giving any of the more mature folks (read: those who work for a living) a chance to weigh in is a mistake and makes you look like you simply float upon the whims of your QQers. And it's like blood in the water. Once these types see that they can get their way by whining fast and loudly, it gets worse and worse.

The best thing to do in any type of large online game is stick to your plans. In the case of a limited release of a skin like this, it definitely would have passed. After Feb 10th, if not by Monday.
But if you wait, you run the risk of the audience getting really caustic.

For example, Black Cleaver Outrage. Oh sure, that directly effected gameplay, but this directly effects wallets and challenges fan loyalty and the whole "exclusivity" thing.

If Riot stick with their guns and went ahead with this, people would be yelling at them for not respecting them by flogging off their 'exclusive' skin. They might be a small voice, perhaps eventually drowned out, but they would be there, and they would wanteveryone to onow they were pissed.

I'm sure we're going to be hearing about this particular issue for at least a week, until some new thing drowns it out.

RixuS

02-01-2013

We want Frankenannie!

Oh.. and uh.. please fix annie so shes not so outmatched too plz... kthxbye.

Calys Teneb

02-01-2013

RiotAmes, on a side note, it turns out I work with someone you stayed with at last year's PAX, which is kinda cool. I keep meaning to send you my resume to review like we discussed almost a year ago, but life keeps getting in my way.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Her medical bills were less than 11 grand. How much more did she need? I can understand some compensation, but lol. ~600 grand in compensation is a bit lolly. No matter how you look at it, her family was wealthy as **** after she decided to place a hot coffee cup in her lap then proceed to spill it on herself.
Oh for ****s sake, take it somewhere else. You two have been going back and forth multiple times a page for like 20 god damn pages now about the stupid McDonald's coffee case. No one cares anymore about your debate.

Digitality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisufr View Post
This is the ONLY part that matters. They did NOT spend 3900RP for A SKIN,
they spent 3900RP for A BONUS skin, some runes and a BUNCH of champs, thus giving them the skin for UNDER the new proposed 975RP..

NO skins should be locked into the bundle because for the majority. That bundle is a waste. I own every single champ and over 90skins. Non of which happen to be Goth Annie. I still have no intentions on buying Goth Annie for that matter.

HOWEVER you said it was going to be released, so release it, and let the crybabies cry. Simple as that. Want to make an even better/smarter choice? Those skins attached to bundles still, REMOVE them from the bundle, replace them with either RP or IP, and put those skins in the store FOR GOOD!
That's true for some players. Like me. I bought the bundle for 100% of it's content. Having Goth Annie is simply coincidence for me.

However, there are people that paid the RP for the skin alone and it's wrong to marginalize that just because you can't see spending 3900 on a crappy skin. In hobby gaming people constantly pay excessive dollar amounts for uniqueness.

Suddenly because the skin is beautiful though there's this sense of entitlement surrounding it that screws over the people who were willing to pay for it without concern for the cost.

I would have no problem with putting it on sale separately if we could compensate those people. However, that's just a mess to sort through and figure out "Who deserves a kickback, and how much?" because the majority of bundle buyers are like me. They bought it for all, or some, of the content it offered, and deserve nothing back.

Until we cross that hurdle putting it on sale outside the bundle really is unfair.

Hopefully Hippalaus addresses the issue with bundle inefficiency at some point down the road.

Sexybobolonie

02-01-2013

is you dont like it, dont buy it! DONE! if you already got it, then be happy you could flont it for as long as you had it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
Oh for ****s sake, take it somewhere else. You two have been going back and forth multiple times a page for like 20 god damn pages now about the stupid McDonald's coffee case. No one cares anymore about your debate.
Don't piss on our coffee parade dude, seriously. It's related we swear.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
22 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRising View Post
And if Riot ever adopts the attitude of "we don't have to talk to our fans, so be grateful and appreciative when we do," then all the statements of "We want to be the best company in the business" will be rendered moot and impotent. I hope this never happens as I like what Riot does and tries to do... for the most part.
We can disagree on Hipp - that's cool - but we agree on this for sure. I do think we can always improve how we do things and talking to players is part of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
RiotAmes, on a side note, it turns out I work with someone you stayed with at last year's PAX, which is kinda cool. I keep meaning to send you my resume to review like we discussed almost a year ago, but life keeps getting in my way.
That's awesome. Do it.

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
They could afford to fix the coffee machines before the broken heat sensors or whatever caused an old lady to be seriously injured. They did not. They are responsible for suffering that they could have prevented.

They still probably have not fixed those machines in question, because they can just put a "contents may be hot" label on the cups and not spend the money.

So even if the old lady was being greedy, so is McDolans. Don't demonize the old woman for something she may have done in greed, when the company she got money out of is just as bad.
Most corporations are full of evil greed. It is the reason why the economy in the US is so bad. My uncle makes about $10m per year. Is he good at being a banker? Sure. Is it worth that much? Lol no. All his bosses make multiples more than he does. It's ridiculous. So many evil corporations are contributing to so many issues. Still doesn't make it right to abuse the legal system to make out with as much as you can. It can be reversed like it was attempted on me. Nothing like a corporation trying to sue for so many overlapping points. It was quite humorous. The legal system in this country is a joke. Whoever can afford the better lawyer wins. Becomes less of presented evidence and more of how they can convince. Had the cup not been put in the place it was, none of that would have happened. Both are at fault. The result was greed on both sides, the cause was stupidity on both sides.

Still, this keeps going off topic to the point even though I keep trying to bring back up my point in my posts. Riot made a huge mistake. Buying RP EARLY is also a huge mistake. Beat yourself up over it first before you beat up Riot.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre4802 View Post
But if you wait, you run the risk of the audience getting really caustic.

For example, Black Cleaver Outrage. Oh sure, that directly effected gameplay, but this directly effects wallets and challenges fan loyalty and the whole "exclusivity" thing.

If Riot stick with their guns and went ahead with this, people would be yelling at them for not respecting them by flogging off their 'exclusive' skin. They might be a small voice, perhaps eventually drowned out, but they would be there, and they would wanteveryone to onow they were pissed.

I'm sure we're going to be hearing about this particular issue for at least a week, until some new thing drowns it out.
You are making the same mistake Hipp did: confusing people yelling on the forums with feedback that actually MATTERS. Really, how many people outside of the ones that screamed here about the sale would have actually cared? The downvotes it got are nothing compared to the millions of people that play. The skin sale affected a very small subset of league players: Those who both already HAD the skin, and out of those, those who actually cared it was going to be in the store for a week. To use your example, the BC issue was a MUCH bigger problem. You had people complaining on forums, sure, so superficially it appears the same, but here is the key difference: that issue affected everyone who played against any character that built cleavers, which was just about every damn game. See what I'm getting at?