Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I get that the lawsuit happened because they refused to compensate, but she could have sought enough to cover. Instead it was "maximum possible damages". Why? Because she could. That's how it is in every court case. Maximum possible damages. SO many court cases with overlapping charges trying to seek damages. I actually have had personal experience with that. Everyone tries to bleed everyone else dry of as much as they can. Her medical bills and compensation for her troubles weren't worth what she made off of the case.

"The jury damages included $160,000[2] to cover medical expenses and compensatory damages and $2.7 million in punitive damages."

"the $10,500 in medical bills"

Yea sure, she deserved plenty for McDonalds refusing to compensate her. That much 20 years ago? $3 million for $10.5k in bills.


My point in this is people are so quick to place as much blame and get as much as they can out of other people and refuse to accept responsibility for things themselves. You do something stupid, consequences can occur.
People sue for way more because a ton of it is reversed by various appeals. Notice how she was awarded millions in the original ruling, but in the end she was given less than $600,000? How much do you think she'd have left with if she had sued them for $600,000 in the first place?
I'm mostly just baffled by your arbitrary hatred for the burned old woman, tbh. Do you honestly believe a 79 year old woman was in it for the money?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerraRising

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I think Hipp does a surprisingly good job of talking to the community. He doesn't have to at all - previous people in a similar position were much less vocal. Same goes for the rest of the company. Not that I want us to be that way. I just think it's easy to forget.
I disagree. Hippalus chimes in when he creates a mess, then leaves when it gets too hot for him (his failure to organize a Black Friday sale, the eerily similar Shadow Isles decision and reversal, his reliance on GD polls and feedback, etc.) It's a pattern.

And if Riot ever adopts the attitude of "we don't have to talk to our fans, so be grateful and appreciative when we do," then all the statements of "We want to be the best company in the business" will be rendered moot and impotent. I hope this never happens as I like what Riot does and tries to do... for the most part.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razrmeister

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
Hey Ames, have you thought of those players that do NOT want any of the champions in the bundle (because they're boring) but still want the skin?

According to Hippalus, the only way of getting the skin in the future for that price is if you already own those champions.

I do not want any of those champions...

Should just make an official poll about it, and settle things once and for all imho. A spoiled minority like this getting their way just sets a bad precedent for riot. (a very bad one considering that riot is known for never giving in to QQ).
Quoting, pls red respond.

It's not fair for the vast majority.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adjnoun

Member

02-01-2013

Its a black recolour of the original skin. Why do you autists care so much about it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sturmhard

Senior Member

02-01-2013

the skin was an incentive to buy the bundle and it should ONLY available in the bundle. thats basically it.

also, they have already reversed their decision and now they can't change it anymore. so get over it, there are lots of other awesome annie skins you can buy instead.

this forum should be renamed to "general circlejerk" btw.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
Dude this is McDonald's we're talking about, not some poor, innocent family owned non-franchise fast food joint. You really think 3 million dollars phased them? They could have afforded to replace their faulty machines but didn't. McDonald's is not the victim here.
Yes, McDonald's is the victim. Corporations are people too, you know. Racist jerk.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexenir

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I think Hipp does a surprisingly good job of talking to the community. He doesn't have to at all - previous people in a similar position were much less vocal. Same goes for the rest of the company. Not that I want us to be that way. I just think it's easy to forget.
I agree with this. Hipp is a great guy - I have no ideia who was in his position before, and we never had discussions like this, where you actively take feedback from the community about sales and stuff when they ARE ALREADY HAPPENING.

I think that these kind of stuff will always have discussions, but Hipp allow us to talk and actually follow what the community wants (well, the vocal majority, at least...). I think this is amazing. Good Guy Hippalus.

That said, I disagree with Goth Annie decision, but I'm really looking forward to new Bundle system!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Exactly. "They can afford it so it makes it k."
They could afford to fix the coffee machines before the broken heat sensors or whatever caused an old lady to be seriously injured. They did not. They are responsible for suffering that they could have prevented.

They still probably have not fixed those machines in question, because they can just put a "contents may be hot" label on the cups and not spend the money.

So even if the old lady was being greedy, so is McDolans. Don't demonize the old woman for something she may have done in greed, when the company she got money out of is just as bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
People sue for way more because a ton of it is reversed by various appeals. Notice how she was awarded millions in the original ruling, but in the end she was given less than $600,000? How much do you think she'd have left with if she had sued them for $600,000 in the first place?
Her medical bills were less than 11 grand. How much more did she need? I can understand some compensation, but lol. ~600 grand in compensation is a bit lolly. No matter how you look at it, her family was wealthy as **** after she decided to place a hot coffee cup in her lap then proceed to spill it on herself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razrmeister

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjnoun View Post
Its a black recolour of the original skin. Why do you autists care so much about it?
It has been my favorite annie skin ever. It was a shame that I didn't like to play annie back then.

But now I do, and a bunch of selfish, spoiled brats are against the idea of letting more people own it (because there are SO many annie players out there)

Say whatever the hell you want about bundle exclusivity, at the end of the day you just want to remain a special snowflake having a skin that almost no one else has, despite never using it in a serious match.