Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2571 66.38%
No 1301 33.59%
Voters 3873 .

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenstick

02-01-2013

The people that bought the bundle didn't buy it for just the Goth Annie skin.

Why should you expect people to buy the bundle just for the skin now?

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Fenstick:
The people that bought the bundle didn't buy it for just the Goth Annie skin.

Why should you expect people to buy the bundle just for the skin now?

I bought it for the Goth Annie skin. While I also bought it for the champions inside, I picked it over the other because I didn't like Sivir. Annie was the first champion I had ever played. I wanted her skin.

fadedheroz

02-01-2013

Hippalus or RiotAmes I have this question. Why are Halloween skins limited and Christmas skins Legacy? I'm fine for the xmas skins being legacy but i always wonder why aren't they limited

Highborne

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
Zero:
I bought it for the Goth Annie skin. While I also bought it for the champions inside, I picked it over the other because I didn't like Sivir. Annie was the first champion I had ever played. I wanted her skin.

If I buy the bundle now, but own all the champs, I expect to be fully refunded the amount of the bundle that the champs take up in the price.

As such, just sell the damn skin like all other skins, avoid headache.

Sessamo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Zero:
Because it would have been painful either way. Can't spill coffee and expect it to not burn.

I dropped my ipod for the first time in like 7 years since I've owned 3 different ones. I think it sucks massively that the screen is so fragile. It shattered. I don't blame Apple for making the screen so cheap that a tiny nick shatters the entire thing. I've dropped my phone before right on the glass and not so much as a scratch occurred so it's obviously Apple being cheap on materials. I'm not complaining to Apple demanding a replacement because -I- dropped it even though their shoddy materials are what caused the damage.

But if your broken iPod exploded into high velocity shrapnel on impact, I'm fairly certain you'd have a beef with Apple.
See where I'm going with this?

GetInTheSack

02-01-2013

Hipp I know this is kind of off topic but while you are here if you read this any thoughts on accounts getting future refund tokens? And also I'll throw my 2 cents in about this whole problem too I am a fan of the annie skin and was considering buying it but I honestly can't see how current owners can think themselves so entitled too the skin just because they bought the bundle (some possibly JUST for the skin which is their problem) and not think anyone else deserves it and should have to suffer with the 3900 RP just like they did.

EliTe137

02-01-2013

Hippalus on an off topic note when are we getting information about the Lifetime RP rewards. You said you would have something by January.

Sessamo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Highborne:
Why?

I didn't pay for the skin, so it shouldn't have relevance in the price of the bundle.

Technically the skin HAS NO PRICE.

Thus, if anything, I should get a FULL REFUND whilst keeping the skin; they can even take the runes because i'm such a nice person.

This is what their whole argument is coming down to, Bundle repricing/refunding based on champs owned means bundle skins have prices, which means...why not just make them available in the first place?

I'm not really sure I understand your perspective on this. At what point in your league career did you purchase the bundle?

Cynicatt

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
Zero:
Because it would have been painful either way. Can't spill coffee and expect it to not burn.

But... Yes you can...

Or if not that, you can at least expect it not to give you 3rd degree burns.

Rivini

02-01-2013

Quote:
Nisuma:
When Huntress Sivir was released many people, myself included, were in this exact same situation. Wanted the new Sivir skin but already owned all the champs and nothing happened for us. I don't see why this Annie skin should be any different

Before the VU, Goth Annie was atrocious so no one cared.
After the VU, it's much more appealing and for many it's her best skin now, which also unfortunately flared up anyone with special snowflake syndrome.

When Sivir gets her VU, there isn't going to be as big of an issue as for Goth Annie because, like I said a moment ago, Huntress Sivir isn't a simple recolor. The skin's transformation therefore won't be so dramatic from the original.

In other words, a turd changed into a diamond suddenly became highly desirable to older players. A silver nugget changed into a gold nugget won't create as much of a stir.