Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
Going back on their word about an exclusive skin being exclusive. It's not going to be exclusive anymore, it's going to become the next Frostfire Annie or Foxfire Ahri, everybody and their grandma has it and it's everywhere. Not that they're bad skins, but it's nice to have something different from the standard, which was incentive for me to buy the bundle with Goth Annie in the first place.
Yeah, but dude anyone right now could also own Goth Annie if they don't mind ponying up some cash.

cLo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbelmont74 View Post
my biggest problem in all of this now hippalus and ames is that in going on 25 different posts in 2 different threads neither one of you has uttered the word "sorry" or apologized for messing this whole thing up so badly. i've seen explanations and rationales but not one apology from anybody from Riot for turning this whole thing into such a mess. is this a legal/liability issue?
Because you got your share of amateurs that work at every company and some of which suck at PR. This is why you don't see Matt Marcou on the forums much anymore after the WCG fallout and pretty sure the people behind the Goth Annie announcement incident will not be allowed to communicate with people in the forums in the near distant future.

Teemo Support GG

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Because players who owned all of the champions when they bought the bundle arguably should get more than 975 RP, and players who owned nothing in the bundle when they bought it don't deserve any refund. So giving all bundle owners 975 RP is fair to no one.
<3 Good job hip, should please everyone.

nebojsa3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebojsa3 View Post
I want skin but I dont agree with your decision. Bundles should stay as they are now. But on the other hand.... you already reduced price on "rune page bundle" for short time. So why not milk money when people calm down quite quick.

Bundles should be cheapest way to buy something, but this statement no longer stands since September 2012:
7 rune page bundle = 2600RP,
8 rune pages (on sale) = 2360RP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Why should they stay the same? Their current bundle setup is incredibly antiquated and hearing that they are updating it is the best news I've heard in ages.
Bundles should be value purchases, but they simply aren't currently outside of extremely specific circumstances.

Changes to the bundle system will effect Huntress Sivir in the exact same way, so...
Cool. Then make all bundles cheaper. They already did once. Why not again?
PS: I voted yes.

Sessamo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Going back on their word about an exclusive skin being exclusive. It's not going to be exclusive anymore, it's going to become the next Frostfire Annie or Foxfire Ahri, everybody and their grandma has it and it's everywhere. Not that they're bad skins, but it's nice to have something different from the standard, which was incentive for me to buy the bundle with Goth Annie in the first place.
It's still exclusive, people still have to buy the bundle to get it.
Did you really think they wouldn't take the extremely obvious loophole in the skin agreement? I said this a million times in your old thread.
The skin is staying exclusive if exclusive is defined as only being obtainable through the bundle. They simply made the bundle more accessible.

ToadKillerDog7

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Metagame View Post
Oh for crying out loud.
This could be seen as bait and switch, which is a form of false advertisement, and COULD possibly be taken to court.

That said, that's not the route I'm looking for, and would hope it wouldn't come to that through someone else either. I just want answers.

Xenolithium

02-01-2013

Quote:

The humanity. You stopped a skin from being released sometime today. Riot doesn't owe you a shred of an apology. Not even a pat on the shoulder.

Cytus

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
Yeah, but dude anyone right now could also own Goth Annie if they don't mind ponying up some cash.
But the fact is they don't because before the VU Goth Annie looked like an aborted fetus, and now that she's not an aborted fetus they want her. On top of that the price is 3900 because it's a bundle, and the skin is exclusive to the bundle. Some people like the skin, but they don't like the skin enough to spend 3900 RP on it.

Lexie

02-01-2013

Quote:
You want them to apologise to you for...nothing? You do realise you got your way, right? The skin is not going on sale anymore. So why in hell should they do anything else to appease you? The other group is the group that should be apologised to and compensated for. NOT YOU.

Cytus

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
It's still exclusive, people still have to buy the bundle to get it.
Did you really think they wouldn't take the extremely obvious loophole in the skin agreement? I said this a million times in your old thread.
The skin is staying exclusive if exclusive is defined as only being obtainable through the bundle. They simply made the bundle more accessible.
I honestly don't remember seeing you in my old thread, there were so many different conversations going out I probably got caught up and didn't see your posts, sorry.