Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLo View Post
So are you saying that if I want Goth Annie I should go and buy that bundle so I can force you guys to do more additional work and refund me the exact RP I deserve?

Do you not see the amount of extra ridiculous work you are putting yourselves through?
That is a good idea, I might just do that.

When they change the pricing structure for bundles I'll just demand I get all my money back for every champ in the bundle because I own all of them.

I will link this post and they have no leg to stand on, thus they must refund all the RP for all those champs, minus the cost of the skin and other bonuses. So I should get back around 3400 or so. Likely this should make the Goth Annie skin end up being cheaper than 975 anyways since they shot themselves in the foot.

nebojsa3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The difference is that players will need to own the rest of the bundle content to get it for that price, so it will still be exclusive to players who have invested the time or money to acquire that content.
I want skin but I dont agree with your decision. Bundles should stay as they are now. But on the other hand.... you already reduced price on "rune page bundle" for short time. So why not milk money when people calm down quite quick.

Bundles should be cheapest way to buy something, but this statement no longer stands since September 2012:
7 rune page bundle = 2600RP,
8 rune pages (on sale) = 2360RP.

cLo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animato View Post
i've said it once, i'll say it again and again...i own huntress sivir, and i would love it if riot put up this "special/exclusive/omgihavethisandyoudon't/whatever you want to call it" skin up for sale for a limited time when she gets the annie treatment. it's a great skin, why wouldn't i not want to share it with others?

on a side off-topic note...man, i haven't played sivir in ages...so bad with her now haha
Sivir is probably going to get a redesign in the near future and I'm pretty sure a similar situation is going to occur with Huntress Sivir ROFL.

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Hey Toad, I can see why you're upset if you bought RP for this that you otherwise wouldn't have bought. Are you saying you want to reverse that purchase? I don't know if it's even possible but let me know what payment method you used and I'll look into it for you.
Is there anyway I can speak to you outside of the chaos of these forums? Despite being extremely upset here, I'm trying to stay civil, but it's not easy with some of the stuff being slung around here.

And the method or purchase was a prepaid card.

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Um. You do know that these type of situations in real life can get stores in trouble right? If this had happened at a retail store you would be awarded compensation for the mis-communication.
Is this fake life or something? It still doesn't change that while you may call Riot's move to not release Goth Annie separately stupid, it's still stupid to pay for RP for something that isn't immediately available. The sale was supposed to go on until the 10th. That is more than enough time to see it in the store, buy RP, then buy it. There was no "limited copies available" or anything like that. Paying for RP now was a stupid move and no amount of finger pointing and blame will change that.

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Hey Toad, I can see why you're upset if you bought RP for this that you otherwise wouldn't have bought. Are you saying you want to reverse that purchase? I don't know if it's even possible but let me know what payment method you used and I'll look into it for you.
Honestly Hipp, quit being obtuse.

Cytus

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
Like you just stated here..."the bundle was good and the skin was exclusive." You just admitted this wasn't bought solely based on the skin. It most likely wouldn't have been nearly as enticing if you'd already owned all the champs included, would it have?

That was my case and why I've never bought the bundle.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3011410 I have stated from the beginning I did not buy the bundle solely for Goth Annie, but it was an incentive because as a new player Goth Annie was an exclusive skin for my then favorite AP mid, and nobody else used it, so it seemed at the time to be something to cherish and bust out every now and then in the future or whenever I felt like playing Annie. I didn't predict this would happen though.

Cynicatt

02-01-2013

Quote:
Sivir is probably going to get a redesign in the near future and I'm pretty sure a similar situation is going to occur with Huntress Sivir ROFL.
Probably not unless they're completely insane. I think they've learned their lesson and don't want to go through all this forum rage business again.

Xenolithium

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highborne View Post
Honestly Hipp, quit being obtuse.
Could be worse...he could be acute.

Sailor Galaxia

02-01-2013

I think the refunding thing could work. It happened with the legacy sale that occurred recently. I owned Annie in Wonderland long before I knew it'd go into the vault. Since it went on sale at a much lower price than the legendary 1820 RP that it was paid with, I received a nice refund. Was a great, unexpected surprise.