Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Highborne

02-01-2013

I own Silver Kayle, Human Ryze, King Rammus, legacy legendaries, and other skins which can no longer be obtained.

If/when they go back on sale, have at it...seeing someone else with a skin I own makes me feel awesome.

The ONLY exception is specific event skins (King Rammus, Season 2 Riven, etc.) which are given for very specific purposes; that are not "obtainable" in any way shape or form, and never were in the store to be bought in any capacity. Those are exclusive, the rest are just for people who started late, or didn't want to fork out $50 for essentially a cosmetic change when they owned most of the bundle.

I purchased 2 bundles, and some champs overlapped, I got that, but I purchased them because the savings in RP/IP from the massive number of champs I got was the best deal. I didn't cry like a whiner that I had to overlap some champs. And the skins are "meh" (Silver Kayle/Human Ryze both suck pretty bad). Whereas, if Kayle got a visual update, or Ryze or Alistar, etc. then I think all the skins for those champs should go on sale for X days giving new players, etc. a chance to get them because they are now COMPLETELY NEW.

SaintWraiths

02-01-2013

Where is the announcement everyone talks about?

Aggrbargl

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
Do you own any limited skins? I'm going to assume you don't. Like I said. Here's a Kitty Kat Katarina. And tomorrow morning, she'll be released to everyone for 975 RP after you've had her for over a year and promised she was exclusive. Your compensation is pending.
The problem with this argument is that most of us aren't sad little people who need to feel special by owning a rare skin. I wouldn't mind in the least if this happened to me.

Lexie

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLo View Post
Riot just doesn't understand that the biggest mistake they made was changing their mind.
Not only that, but if what others are saying is true (about Goth Annie being "exclusive") then Riot actually broke their word on two counts. That's totally unacceptable and they've ****ed over both parties.

Fuzzybat

02-01-2013

How about you take the fair road and do the same thing with Sivir's Huntress skin. I already own all the champs in that bundle, why should I have to pay that extreme amount just for her skin?

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
I agree that they made a pretty huge mistake in announcing it and then going back on it. They should have either not announced it at all until it went on sale, or stuck with the sale and learned from all the hate they received for doing so.

Either way I'm pretty sure they know they screwed up pretty badly, because now the entire forum is upset instead of just half or less of us. But I think we can be upset with them nicely or passive aggressively instead of openly berating them.
I haven't berated anyone here, I've been completely civil this entire time.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
so I purchased RP.
You bought RP before it was released? That is no ones fault but your own. You can't even begin to blame Riot for that.

Aggrbargl

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybat View Post
How about you take the fair road and do the same thing with Sivir's Huntress skin. I already own all the champs in that bundle, why should I have to pay that extreme amount just for her skin?
If this hadn't turned into a ridiculous ****storm, I'm sure they would have when Sivir gets her visual update.

Xenolithium

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
Did you not realize they promised us it was exclusive 4 years ago or did you miss that? At first everyone was whining because they wanted the skin, now you're using Hippalus' mistake as the perfect clutch to justify Goth Annie being sold. It doesn't matter anymore, 2 promises got broken because Hippalus didn't know the first promise existed.
I promise, one day you won't be a complete childish moron.

Damn, I broke that promise already.

SaintWraiths

02-01-2013

Haha ****ers who bought it for 4k RP we will get it for 975RP soon. Get dunked sons.