Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmergencyTaco

01-31-2013

bump

Spectral Silence

Soul Cloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Biased thread much...

Ginnungagapq

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergencyTaco View Post
The most recent Sh*tstorm in LoL has just occurred and I feel it is necessary to post a coherent and neutral perspective on the matter at hand. I see each side's arguments and I understand the validity of each argument as well. So let's examine this in a civilized manner shall we?

The sequence of events leading to this was very simple:
>Riot made a post declaring that Goth Annie would be available separate from her assigned bundle for 10 days at the price of 975 RP
>Prior owners of the skin and a very few others declared this "unfair" because they had payed 3900 RP for the skin, some runes, and a bunch of champions
>Riot decided to reverse their decision to the dismay of many people who had suddenly gotten their hopes up

In short, the immediate and angry backlash to the decision led to a knee jerk reaction by Riot to reverse their decision. In my opinion this was a poor move on Riot's part, not because I'm one of the hopeful Goth Annie buyers, but because it shows that a large outcry over a select group's unhappiness can effect the entire LoL community. That being said, let's look at both sides of the argument.

For the group that is opposing the sale of Goth Annie the argument is as follows:
"We were promised that the skin would be exclusive to the bundle and now it isn't, too many people are going to have it and that's not fair because I payed more for it."

For the group that is supporting the sale of Goth Annie there are a few arguments, they are:
1. "This is now effectively a 'new skin' and we would like the opportunity to purchase it at a reduced price before it goes back to its full price."
2. "I already own many of the champions in the bundle, I would have purchased it earlier but the skin wasn't worth it then. Now the 3900 RP isn't worth one skin."
3. "You got our hopes up and now it was pointless. You teased us with the prospect of a new skin and then took it away."

All of these arguments are valid, but some more so than others, and that's what we have to look at. I would like to preface this with saying that I OWN GOTH ANNIE, do not say that I don't know where the owners are coming from.

For the first group, please keep in mind that the Goth Annie skin is NOT exclusive, but exclusive to the bundle, or basically exclusive to the 3900 RP pricetag. What this means is that the skin has never been a "limited edition skin", it has always been available for those willing to pay for it.

For the second group, understand where the first group is coming from, they payed a large amount of money for something and are worried that other people are going to get it for less and that it will become less special. (This may seem like a greedy perspective, and perhaps it is, but they still have a point.)

Now that both positions have been laid out in a civilized manner, let's look at what should be done. From my point of view, and remember that I am a Goth Annie owner, I view the limited release of Goth Annie in the store as nothing more than a sale. A big sale, but a sale nonetheless. If Riot were discussing releasing it as a full time separate item in the shop then I would be fervently against it, but they're not, they're discussing a temporary price reduction in honor of Annie's rework. For people to complain that other people are getting it for cheaper than they are, well that's just selfish in my opinion. Complaining about this sale is only slightly different than complaining about a skin going on sale the week after you bought it for full price. I understand that there is another level considering it's "bundle exclusive" but other than that I see no difference. Also, the fact that Riot has now falsely gotten the hopes of many players up has an impact as well. I don't personally believe that the current owners of the 3900 RP bundle outnumbers the players who were looking forward to buying Goth Annie over the next 10 days, and that is based on the fact that I've only seen 2 or 3 people with the skin in the 1000+ LoL games I've played. I think that it just seems like a majority because the upset players were more inclined to comment than the players who were ok with it, myself being included. (I was fine with it but left no comment, I actually thought it was a good move on Riot's part.)

So to some everything up, I respect both sides of the argument, but I don't think that a 10 day sale, and it is a sale, is as ground-breaking as many players are making it out to be. I think the knee jerk reaction on Riot's part to change their mind was a big mistake because it left many players disappointed. I do, however, feel that bundle owners should get a little something to compensate them for owning the bundle as opposed to buying the skin separately. Perhaps a little bow on the Goth Annies purchased with the bundle's heads while the ones on sale have no bow. I don't know, I'm sure Riot could figure something out.

What do you think? Please vote in the poll attached and tell me in a civilized manner via the response section. Thanks a lot for reading and good luck on the Fields of Justice!

This is incredible. So well written. I like this. Someone get Hippalus over here, this is a thing of beauty.

Delay

01-31-2013

The people who don't want it to be sold are just want a big epeen.

deathmage390

01-31-2013

i waited to read untill voteing and i think the sale of goth annie would be wonderful weather i get it or not is another case i have the rp i just dont know if i will like the look and i dont buy skins unless i like them (ie firefox arhi

EmergencyTaco

01-31-2013

bumping

EmergencyTaco

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginnungagapq View Post
This is incredible. So well written. I like this. Someone get Hippalus over here, this is a thing of beauty.
Thanks a lot, I always try to work on my forum posts as much as I can. I don't like posting incomplete thoughts.

Cytus

01-31-2013

The skin is still exclusive, it's just one of the few couple bundles that stayed in the store. Silver Kayle never came back.

Anidan

01-31-2013

i want a bow on my Goth Annie... i'd like that

I don't mind it going on sale, that's all cool, just not a permanent seperation is all i ask.