Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2571 66.38%
No 1301 33.59%
Voters 3873 .

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tristan Navarre

02-02-2013

Quote:
DickJohnson:
OK firstly saying its a "special snowflake mentality" adds fuel to the much unneeded fire that is going on. So please be respectful of peoples opinions <- by saying special snowflake you are demoralizing and then therefore antagonizing people.
Secondly its not the people who are defending the exclusivity in the wrong, its the people that say "i deserve this exclusive skin cause its a remake" who are in the wrong. If they already owned the Goth Annie skin they would not be complaining. Riot as a business has a responsibility to keep this skin exclusive to the bundle. So if the skin means that much to someone they should go and buy the bundle.
Is this not clear

Then how else should I put it? lol I'm not going to sugar coat it because this is honestly how I see it. As for unneeded, as said, it's my opinion and I'm allowed to express it just as much as everyone else who plays this game and post on these forums.

I don't see where anyone is saying they deserve this skin because it was reworked? All I see are people expressing how disappointed and angry they are over what Riot did and some are even trying to offer solutions to make it better overall. You may not share the same opinion of what happened, but that doesn't mean everyone else will. That's what these boards and such are here for anyway, to discuss and share our opinions with one another, as well as to Riot.

The skin is also not exclusive. You can purchase it right now for a high amount of rp and it was never listed anywhere as such. That was only for Black Ali and I believe, Human Ryze. Most people already own pretty much what that bundle contains, anyways. If people do want to pay that amount of money for this skin, then more power to them. However, I'm not going to be putting down that much of my own money on something when it isn't worth that kind of a price.

StonerSundays

02-02-2013

I'd love to see a Red response. we've crushed the 300 downvote theory.

K G Morder

02-02-2013

Riot doesn't want to show their face in these threads because they know they have absolutely no excuse, and want to save face.

So what better way than ignoring us?

prove me wrong Reds, or you have no spine to stand up to the majority.

StonerSundays

02-02-2013

Quote:
K G Morder:
Riot doesn't want to show their face in these threads because they know they have absolutely no excuse, and want to save face.

But the majority was 300 downvotes, never forget.
In all honesty, if a Red showed up, and gave reasoning, with proof as to why this sale should not be, then i'll let it go. But as it stands, everything is still FOR THE SALE.

Steam Store

02-02-2013

My suggestion to Riot is to release another Collectors edition bundle at the same price containing Goth Annie but have it include things other than champions. This bundle could include a number of skins, rune pages and IP boosts.

AndThePigGoesMoo

02-02-2013

Quote:
DickJohnson:
OK firstly saying its a "special snowflake mentality" adds fuel to the much unneeded fire that is going on. So please be respectful of peoples opinions <- by saying special snowflake you are demoralizing and then therefore antagonizing people.
Secondly its not the people who are defending the exclusivity in the wrong, its the people that say "i deserve this exclusive skin cause its a remake" who are in the wrong. If they already owned the Goth Annie skin they would not be complaining. Riot as a business has a responsibility to keep this skin exclusive to the bundle. So if the skin means that much to someone they should go and buy the bundle.
Is this not clear

I agree that there shouldn't be name calling or anything of that sort. That's a rather immature way to discuss this issue.

But I have yet to see anyone ask for the Goth Annie skin because it's a remake. The issue here is that it was "perceived" to be exclusive which is entirely understandable. But it was never officially stated as such. So Riot should not be required to keep it as such when honestly the bundle is lacking. The skin isn't worth 3900rp for its quality. So if people spent that much just for the skin fine but that isn't enough to then demand everyone has to. That was just a handful of people's value of the skin. Riot should offer it in the store for a limited time for 975 or even 1350rp. Just because you spent ~$30 for a skin does not mean EVERYONE should be forced to pay that much for the skin. Especially when they weren't going to put it in store permanently as a standalone. Just TEMPORARY.

K G Morder

02-02-2013

Quote:
StonerSundays:
But the majority was 300 downvotes, never forget.
In all honesty, if a Red showed up, and gave reasoning, with proof as to why this sale should not be, then i'll let it go. But as it stands, everything is still FOR THE SALE.

They gave reasons. But they were unacceptable answers basically supporting the entitlement of those special snowflakes who ruined it for everyone.

have a freaking backbone riot, and face us with a REAL response, and an immediate solution to what you have caused.

Quote:
But it was never officially stated as such

Oh buit ti was stated in a 4 year old thread about the bundle's announcement! that makes it exclusive im sos pecial!1!

Except Riotames stated it was only percieved to be exclusive. (especially since exclusivity is not a permanent thing. Arctic Caytlin anyone?)

Priscilla CB

02-02-2013

Quote:
K G Morder:

I don't know, Ames was pretty chill.
I'd just like Hippalus to show up and admit that his kneejerk reaction to only 300 downvotes was stupid and that you shouldn't base your judgement calls on such a small group so quickly. He should have created a poll if he wanted to see what the community felt.

Uccisore

02-02-2013

Quote:
K G Morder:

How stupid. Riot does something, and a mass group of whiners attacks them. Riot listens to the whiners and reverses their decision, and now an equal and opposite group of whiners has the audacity to accuse them of not wanting to participate in the discussion.

If I was a red, I'd stop by just to tell you to go **** yourself.

K G Morder

02-02-2013

Ames bailed Hipp's ass out with his VERY chill demeanor. Ill grant him that, he was very chill. But Hippalus needs to own up to his mistake and actually face the crowd.