Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaceRoll13

02-01-2013

People are arguing for the sake of arguing now.

Typical LOL environment. :-)

Zeninth

02-01-2013

RiotAmes is the best!

1. Hippalus you should never knee jerk revoke a sale after you announce it. And most of all, not count on responses on some secondary site like this Reddit or whatever the cool kids use nowadays. You should post things on the main page of LoL which show up on the client and only gauge responses from the official forums. NEVER use any other sites as reasons to justify decisions you make. It's really not fair to expect your players to go to some other website to express themselves when most players have enough trouble as it is getting onto this site and definitely not when many may still be at work or at school at the time you made that hasty retraction.

2. Will your future tweaks to your bundle technology be able to calculate the RP differences between someone who owns no parts of the bundle or some/all parts of the bundle, before you attempt to buy it? In other words, let's say you own all the champions in the Digital Collector's Edition bundle already. Do you still have to have 3900 RP regardless, to buy the bundle at which point it will refund you some difference for the value of champions you have or will the client be able to just tell you what your new total purchase is going to be? eg. Your bundle now only costs 1250 RP so as long as you have 1250 RP in your account the bundle purchase will go through.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyokoSilent View Post
I don't see how hard it would be to put up an official post now to see if goth Annie should come out...
They can't do that at this point. They have invested too much in defending the indefensible, and a public poll like that would reveal the hypocrisy and lack of intestinal foritude at the top of Ecommerce.

ChromeFalcon

02-01-2013

Panda Annie's a thousand times better anyway, I dont mind.

Enraged Nebula

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Someone said 'Christmas Eve' the other day and I facepalmed at the missed opportunity.

One day.
Naughty list nautilus ?

Mitsuki

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
They can't do that at this point. They have invested too much in defending the indefensible, and a public poll like that would reveal the hypocrisy and lack of intestinal foritude at the top of Ecommerce.
Sigh....Welp as I said Riot isn't getting anymore money out of me.

Nexus Crawler

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickJohnson View Post
Its not about sharing, its about Riot doing the right thing, They made a claim to an exclusive skin, therefore they should stick by their words and keep it exclusive.
Take emotion out of it
They never claimed exclusivity. It was just inferred by the majority of the people who got the bundle. Exclusive skins are Championship skins, Black Ali, Holiday skins, etc. Where it's a limited time offer, take it or leave it.

SilencedSummoner

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
(I lied, I ended up reading some anyways- but the bickering is making me really question if I'd be better off with another thread later)

In no way am I the definitive source for the lesson we get from this or what we do going forwards. My opinion is just that, maybe we shouldn't do this in cases where the exclusivity A) means the work we put in isn't accessible to most of our players and/or B) will cause more harm than good.

I am talking specifically about new particle effects, animations, etc when I say 'we wouldn't do this'. We are committed to model and texture updates as part of a champion's Visual Update. If that champion's skins already have cool things- a cape, different particles, etc- we also update those as well. But it may not make sense to put time into adding new things to skins that didn't already have those things.

I understand. It's okay that you feel that way- it's just the type of consumer you are. We don't make a habit out of things that are 100% exclusive any more, but in the cases that we did we should honor that as best as we can.

Just wanted to say i appreciate the thoughtful, insightful dialogue Riot has provided on this issue. No matter which side of the fence you fall on (re-release the skin, or don't do it it's not right...) you have to appreciate the transparency of a company who will discuss the WHY of the decision with it's consumer base.

I for one applaud the decision to NOT re-release the skin. I would have been a buyer of the skin (as i did not know about the bundles when I started...) but I think it's not right of a company to imply that this skin is exclusive to pick up through a $35 bundle and then release it for 1/3rd the price.

Just my 2 cents.

Bravo Riot. Bravo.

Madkhatz

02-01-2013

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is pure bull****.

How many Annie's do you see on a regular basis.
How many Goth Annie's do you see in game.

Also how many Kittykat Katarinas do you see.
Or black Alistar's.

My thing is whats the point of having a exclusive skin if you never use it any more. *Im tired of champ, got a new better skin* or I don't play lol anymore.

So as time goes by, the skins vanish from the game, cause no longer available and the few who still have it don't use it.

*NEVER seen a kitty Katarina, see 1 lolipoppy, never seen a black alistar*

My point is exclusive is a waste of art. Mainly due to this being an online game. So collectors value doesn't exist. Because you have nothing physical, when the game shuts down pop all your skins gone.

So I dislike exclusive or limited skins. I do belive in limited run skins, that come back on seasonal basis's.

But anyway I think Annie goth should hit the stores.

IGamer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkhatz View Post
Just cause you were dumb enough to spend 3900 for just the skin.
Does not mean I'm willing to.

Also, times changes.
Also note, life's not fair.
You spend xxxx cash for a tv, game system now, it's quarter of the price later.
Do you rage the game companys?
Nope.

So what your telling me is, when you buy something it should retain it's value forever. Show me one item that retains the EXACT same value...... with out any fluxuations thew 3 years.
Gum, Chips Ahoy, Yugioh cards? Just throwing random sh*t out there.