Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickJohnson View Post
just my 2-cents, i don't own the skin but EXCLUSIVE should mean EXCLUSIVE.
Period
Not exclusive, do research before reaching for your 2cents.

TotalEconomist

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
No not a legal issue. And yeah, we're sorry for the mess. Ideas like this one get brought up as a way to do something cool for players and don't always have time to go through a full vetting process because we're busy working on bigger projects. This was Ames' idea and I gave it the green light - neither one of us foresaw the backlash.

In general, we try to implement stuff that players will value, and most of the time we get it right (gifting, champion price changes, bonus RP/IP, legacy skins sale, etc). We also try not to implement stuff that a significant number of players will hate, and within an hour of hitting the front page news, it was clear that selling Goth Annie in the store would piss off a lot of people, so I made the call to kill it. In hindsight, I wish I'd either squashed the idea upfront or put more time into gauging the player reaction.

In the end, no one here is worse off than they were yesterday except for people who bought RP they wouldn't have bought (I'll message you in game Toad), and people who are losing sleep over this for one reason or another. To all of those people, I am indeed sorry.
I will accept this apology. Hopeful next time we can have a pre-thread about this with actual constructive criticism and input, not to make haste judgements based up and down votes.

DickJohnson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Crawler View Post
I'll probably be downvoted to oblivion here but that's fine. I shouldn't be surprised I'm saying this, but I am. You kids need to learn to share. Even my 2 year old is a bit better at it than you.
Its not about sharing, its about Riot doing the right thing, They made a claim to an exclusive skin, therefore they should stick by their words and keep it exclusive.
Take emotion out of it

RaDMaNx

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
Not exclusive, do research before reaching for your 2cents.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...'s_Edition

RaDMaNx

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickJohnson View Post
Its not about sharing, its about Riot doing the right thing, They made a claim to an exclusive skin, therefore they should stick by their words and keep it exclusive.
Take emotion out of it
Not exclusive there is no Red ever saying it is. If you preordered, then yes, but guess waht? you can't preorder anymore, and the skin remains inthe store. Not exclusive.

RaDMaNx

02-01-2013

Quote:
Not exclusive there is no Red ever saying it is. If you preordered, then yes, but guess waht? you can't preorder anymore, and the skin remains inthe store. Not exclusive.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=exclusive

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Spam all you like, that thread just further proves my point.

Dryad Soraka

02-01-2013

pros: my wallet doesn't empty.

cons: no money for riot! heh ehh eh eh.

RaDMaNx

02-01-2013

Quote:
Spam all you like, that thread just further proves my point.

It is exclusive to the bundle guy.