Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2571 66.38%
No 1301 33.59%
Voters 3873 .

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gnomis Pervertus

02-01-2013

Hi, I'm an owner of the Goth Annie skin.

Yes, incoming downvotes/flames/rage/hate/calls of being an elitist/etc etc etc.

I'd just like to set a few things straight, from the perspective of a random owner of the bundle. I am not outraged. I am not decrying Riot for wanting to sell this skin. Was I disappointed? Yes. But that was my personal opinion, I'm entitled to it. Would I have raged and flamed Riot if they had put it on sale? No. I'd have lamented it, sure, but I wouldn't have gone off on a rampage over it.

Likewise, I wouldn't be all up in arms over them deciding to revoke the sale if I didn't own the skin. Why? It's a cosmetic bonus. And it can still be obtained. Overpriced? Maybe. Two(three?) words: Pulsefire Ezreal.

Yes, Goth Annie isn't a legendary skin, and she isn't a theme... but if you were willing to pay 3250 for a skin... well...

Am I saying everyone should have to pay 2520RP(remember, there's a 1380RP refund on the bundle) for a skin? I don't think everyone should have too, no.

Let me explain something about my feelings on the skin. Before this VU, no one really cared about Goth Annie. Heck, people rarely play Annie as many people say. But I still used that skin and loved it even if it was just a re-colour. That skin has sentimental value to me, at some level, but it also invokes a feeling of being special.

Not many people have it, therefor, it gives me a sense of "I have something you don't." Is this a bad thing? No. This is actually normal human behaviour when you look back at it. This is not me being elitist, or greedy, or selfish. It's me wanting to keep having that one little special thing. The same thing came from the Santa Baron icon. I got it in one of the early waves back in December, and had it for like a month or whatever before a large number finally got it. While I had it? I felt special, like I had something no one else had. I knew this would end, simply because it was stated as such.

This brings us to the claim of the skin's exclusivity. Is it implicitly stated in the bundle? Apparently not. Is it implied by the fact that you can ONLY get it through the bundle? Yes. This is again where owners of it probably drew some of their displeasure from the sale.

Would I be okay with people being able to get the skin outside of the bundle? I would. I wouldn't necessarily like it, but I'd accept it and move on with my day. Did I own it with the expectation that people wouldn't be able to get it outside of the bundle? Absolutely. And I had the hopes that it would someday get a visual update and be awesome, and still be that semi-exclusive skin.

So... wow, that was pretty long. Downvote away. Those are my reasons behind my attachment to the skin. I got the bundle for the champs, not the skin, but I loved the skin based on the fact that I was (maybe falsely) under the impression that the only way anyone could ever get it, was through the bundle.

Also, someone get RiotAmes a huge mug of coffee... I doubt they have a Timmies where he is, which is too bad, but someone get him some coffee darnit.

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Macaroni:
Did you read the red posts? Your exclusivity rage means no more new features to limited skins. The consequence of your selfishness has ruined it for EVERYONE! Are you happy with this outcome?

Actually it hasn't ruined it for everyone because Ames has just finished saying that they are still dedicated to updating older models such as Huntress Sivir specifically. The only thing they may not do is ADD new things that weren't there before to new VUs like they did with Goth Annie. Did YOU read the red posts?

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Zero:
Actually it hasn't ruined it for everyone because Ames has just finished saying that they are still dedicated to updating older models such as Huntress Sivir specifically. The only thing they may not do is ADD new things that weren't there before to new VUs like they did with Goth Annie. Did YOU read the red posts?

Still waitting...

Highborne

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
Gnomis Pervertus:
Hi, I'm an owner of the Goth Annie skin.

Yes, incoming downvotes/flames/rage/hate/calls of being an elitist/etc etc etc.

I'd just like to set a few things straight, from the perspective of a random owner of the bundle. I am not outraged. I am not decrying Riot for wanting to sell this skin. Was I disappointed? Yes. But that was my personal opinion, I'm entitled to it. Would I have raged and flamed Riot if they had put it on sale? No. I'd have lamented it, sure, but I wouldn't have gone off on a rampage over it.

Likewise, I wouldn't be all up in arms over them deciding to revoke the sale if I didn't own the skin. Why? It's a cosmetic bonus. And it can still be obtained. Overpriced? Maybe. Two(three?) words: Pulsefire Ezreal.

Yes, Goth Annie isn't a legendary skin, and she isn't a theme... but if you were willing to pay 3250 for a skin... well...

Am I saying everyone should have to pay 2520RP(remember, there's a 1380RP refund on the bundle) for a skin? I don't think everyone should have too, no.

Let me explain something about my feelings on the skin. Before this VU, no one really cared about Goth Annie. Heck, people rarely play Annie as many people say. But I still used that skin and loved it even if it was just a re-colour. That skin has sentimental value to me, at some level, but it also invokes a feeling of being special.

Not many people have it, therefor, it gives me a sense of "I have something you don't." Is this a bad thing? No. This is actually normal human behaviour when you look back at it. This is not me being elitist, or greedy, or selfish. It's me wanting to keep having that one little special thing. The same thing came from the Santa Baron icon. I got it in one of the early waves back in December, and had it for like a month or whatever before a large number finally got it. While I had it? I felt special, like I had something no one else had. I knew this would end, simply because it was stated as such.

This brings us to the claim of the skin's exclusivity. Is it implicitly stated in the bundle? Apparently not. Is it implied by the fact that you can ONLY get it through the bundle? Yes. This is again where owners of it probably drew some of their displeasure from the sale.

Would I be okay with people being able to get the skin outside of the bundle? I would. I wouldn't necessarily like it, but I'd accept it and move on with my day. Did I own it with the expectation that people wouldn't be able to get it outside of the bundle? Absolutely. And I had the hopes that it would someday get a visual update and be awesome, and still be that semi-exclusive skin.

So... wow, that was pretty long. Downvote away. Those are my reasons behind my attachment to the skin. I got the bundle for the champs, not the skin, but I loved the skin based on the fact that I was (maybe falsely) under the impression that the only way anyone could ever get it, was through the bundle.

Also, someone get RiotAmes a huge mug of coffee... I doubt they have a Timmies where he is, which is too bad, but someone get him some coffee darnit.

Did you buy the skin or did you buy champions, runes, etc. and get the skin as a bonus? Did you also get Black Alistar?

sexcrazy

02-01-2013

People got Goth Annie as well as other items form the bundle. They ended up getting Goth Annie at a discounted price.
And now they're upset at the idea of people having to pay the full price for it.

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
StonerSundays:
Still waitting...

For?

Macaroni

02-01-2013

Quote:
Zero:

Oh I do... You apparently didn't read mine though. I clearly said NEW FEATURES if you care to read again. Don't you think it'd be awesome to have new spell effects and VOs? You're keeping limited skins outdated. Had there not been this outcry over nothing (keep in mind people are going to get it reduced anyways with what hipp said about bundle reductions if you own existing content) limited skins could have gotten cool new things. Not anymore...........

Gnomis Pervertus

02-01-2013

Quote:
Highborne:
Did you buy the skin or did you buy champions, runes, etc. and get the skin as a bonus? Did you also get Black Alistar?

I clearly stated I bought it for the champions. Obviously the skin was a bonus, but I'm still allowed to feel a sense of attachment to the skin and view it as exclusive to the bundle. Am I wrong to view it as such? Apparently, maybe I am, but I still view it as exclusive.

And no, I don't have Black Alistar.

tank1221

02-01-2013

Things change there isn't a reason of not putting that skin for sale i mean you don't see me complain about price reductions do you?

Sarkhon

02-01-2013

Quote:
Highborne:

You've missed his point entirely. He owns the skin through the bundle. Whether he got full value of the bundle or not, it was something that could only be obtained by bundle owners, and it was his reward for deciding to purchase a bundle to begin with.