Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WelcomedDread

02-01-2013

It isn't right to take something away from people after saying they can get it. I know tons of people were excited, heck I've never played Annie and I was thinking about getting her and the skin just because it looks like you've done such a good job on it. A friend of mine who's barely played for a month or so was going to buy it and has been fuming all evening. That's money lost right there, from two people who'll never buy the bundle because we both already have too many champions from it or just don't want those champions.

Let's not forget about the over-excited people who probably bought RP instantly in anticipation for it. Now those people get nothing, thanks to your stupid 'PR move'.

TheEnygma

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RixuS View Post
You mean like when they offer exclusive skin, and then take away the exclusivity? Thats fair?
what exclusivity? it's just expensive. Exclusive is something like Silent Night Sona which I'll never ever get and I'm okay with it (sorta) but Goth Annie is just expensive and bundle came with different things, many of which for some players are simply useless now.

Sykah

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Like I said, I don't have any weight there either way. I can't speak to it.

It's not so much about cooling people down as it is providing an explanation. I think information is a good thing.
Do you know if there's any discussion taking place as to whether or not to reverse the decision?

TheMallen

02-01-2013

Ames why not just discount the bundle for however many champions you own out of it?
You're still respecting that people need to buy it, but it doesn't make sense to pay for copies of champions that you can't use.

Grimm Pumpkin

02-01-2013

So riot supports the players that need there epeen stroked over other players, sad to know.

Super Explosion

02-01-2013

You know, they could always put the bundle itself up on something like a 50% off sale.

That would be an entertaining solution.

Since to complain about that would be like complaining about weekly skin sales.

cLo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I'm not scared to speak up about what I've done or what I believe in. I care less about what the community thinks about me and more about what's right for the community. If that makes me unpopular I'm cool with that, so long as at the end of the day I've made things better in general.

Interestingly enough, I own a physical copy of the game from before I even considered working here. It comes with the bundle contents. I had spoken to others about this, but you may be right- that's not a very large sample size. Something to learn from.
I feel like you guys always intended to sell it to us. Why else go through the effort of including particle changes and doing new artwork. Honestly it's kind of a shame it's come to this.

Zurri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RixuS View Post
.. if you people want it for sale, whats the point of any exclusive skin?

If goth annie for sale, I say you must sell Franken annie too
Kingpin Twitch and Nottingham Ezreal. same ****, it has happend before and there isn't a reason it shouldn't happen now. Goth annie should go on sale and if it did i still wouldn't buy it. That or riot shouldn't have brought back old legacy skins and they should have instead made more new legacy skins.

Lex Domino

02-01-2013

I'm a long time owner of this skin and originally I voted for and wanted to help push for this skin to be released for all...but the display I saw this afternoon from people with all the "HAHA QQ" and insults I really don't even care anymore.

I feel like the people who were flat out gloating and saying we wasted our money are getting what they deserve at this point. It's just a shame that the people who weren't acting like idiots about it have to lose out too. The forums were a mess all day over this skin.

I'm just riding the fence now, I can't support the people who were gloating about getting the skin, and I can't support the special snowflakes. Too much entitlement on both sides.

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunahri View Post
The speed with which it was changed hardly makes it a bait and switch. It was a matter of HOURS. And it wasn't switched with anything.

Now, if it was up for 2 weeks and the day before it was supposed to come on sale, then yeah, there would be an issue.

It was obviously a mistake on their part, they didn't do enough research into it.
Let me put this into retail terms, as a store manager at a retail chain.

If a customer brings me an item to checkout and it's marked from a previous sale sticker to be $5, even though the sale has ended and the actual retail price is now currently $10; it is my JOB to ensure that my customer is satisfied, and since he found this item that MY STORE messed up on, he will get his item at $5.

He was lead to believe that he'd be buying this item for $5, and as such, being that is directly or indirectly MY fault that the pricing is incorrect, it is my job to make this right. He did nothing wrong.

Another example. As you may have seen sometimes an online retailer will make a mistake. It happens recently during the Steam Christmas Sale with Sleeping Dogs, and it's happened several times on Amazon.com too.

If something gets listed incorrectly, and people have already seen this and started to purchase it, they will get their item at THAT price. They don't get told "No, sorry." Why? Because to do so would actually be illegal in this case.

And you might say "Yeah, but no one bought this Annie skin, because it never actually went on sale yet." True. But many people DID purchase RP immediately following the original announcement JUST to buy it, and now they're quite simply SOL.

That is not fair, nor right.