Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StonerSundays

Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caster View Post
? Go down one more red post.
For Pre-Ordering....You can no longer pre-order=Skin not exclusive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whyumai

Senior Member

02-01-2013

I don't even think it was the decision in and of itself that offended everyone so much. I feel like Riot went about it in a dishonest manner. They could have been very open about the whole issue but chose not too. They could have just come out and asked the community what they wanted in regards to Goth Annie listing a couple of possible options (or even asking for options).

Instead they entirely left the community out and recieved quite a backlash from doing so. I don't feel that conclusively means that Goth Annie should or shouldn't be sold separately from the bundle in the store. I feel like it was just a backlash to the process taken by Riot in regards to Goth Annie.

I feel like it was handled very poorly. It felt like Riot was attempting to "cash-in" on the sudden popularity of "Goth-Annie'.

This really could have been a win for Riot if they had focused more on creating an open dialogue with the community about how they wanted to deal with this situation. Sadly that option wasn't taken.

This decision doesn't even just effect Goth Annie, Huntress Sivir will be a problem as well (whenever Riot get around to a Visual Rework of Sivir).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Like Tanks

Senior Member

02-01-2013

I don't particularly care whether the skin goes on sale or not as I never play Annie.

However, I think that making an announcement that there's going to be a sale, and then not making an announcement that the sale has been cancelled is very unprofessional. I hope that someone from Riot makes an apology.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmergencyTaco

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Hey everyone, OP here. I just want to say WOW. I went to sleep and this thread had 6 pages to it with half of the posts being self bumps or replies, I'm thrilled that it got so much attention.

To be honest I have always loved Riot, they have consistently shown that they have spectacular customer support, but after all hell broke loose last night I went to bed with a sour taste in my mouth, seriously disappointed in the way Riot had handled things and the lack of communication that they had. When I woke up to find 35 red posts my attitude quickly shifted, and although I still fervently disagree with their handling of everything, it's great that at least they're responding to our questions now.

So I have a very simple question to whoever will answer it. Why was no poll held to determine what the majority wants? From every poll I've seen so far it seems that the vast majority is on the "Release Goth Annie" side.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grim Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
For Pre-Ordering....You can no longer pre-order=Skin not exclusive.
I see how you are reading it. I took it as the Annie skin was one of the exclusive skins, exclusive meaning that it would only be available in the collector pack. We could argue the semantics of the post, but it is kind of useless since we don't have a way to prove either of us are right unless we get a new red post confirming what they actually intend for skins only available in the bundles.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrbargl View Post
Ah, I see. Your argument is: it hadn't happened yet, so it can never happen.

My counter-argument, then: you're a moron.
No, sorry to break the news, but you're an idiot. My argument is that by definition of exclusive, it fits the description due to the fact that it was only available via DCE since the start of LoL. Sure Riot can remove its exclusivity any time they desire as it is their game just like they can release Black Alistar again at any time if they so choose to irrelevant of whether it was "exclusive" or not. Doesn't make it not exclusive before should they choose to do so. Goth Annie is still exclusive to DCE and confirmed by Riot by their decision to not sell it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Macaroni

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Did you read the red posts? Your exclusivity rage means no more new features to limited skins. The consequence of your selfishness has ruined it for EVERYONE! Are you happy with this outcome?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StonerSundays

Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caster View Post
I see how you are reading it. I took it as the Annie skin was one of the exclusive skins, exclusive meaning that it would only be available in the collector pack. We could argue the semantics of the post, but it is kind of useless since we don't have a way to prove either of us are right unless we get a new red post confirming what they actually intend for skins only available in the bundles.
Indeed, im not trying to argue, i just have yet to see someone from the "NO SHES MINE!" club give A red Confirmation that she was exclusive, because that seems to be thier only defense. =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Highborne

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caster View Post
I see how you are reading it. I took it as the Annie skin was one of the exclusive skins, exclusive meaning that it would only be available in the collector pack. We could argue the semantics of the post, but it is kind of useless since we don't have a way to prove either of us are right unless we get a new red post confirming what they actually intend for skins only available in the bundles.
The proof is Hipp already stated in this thread that he was looking at a way to "discount" bundles based on what the player already owns champion wise.

When this happens, why even bother with skins in the bundle ONLY? The bundle should be champ bundle = cheaper = yay, with free NON EXCLUSIVE SKIN(s) THROWN IN.

Thus nobody is hurt, or crying, or whining beacuse all the butthurt people now about Goth Annie will get a pile of free RP with Hipp introduces the change.

And such, their argument has absolutely NO LEG TO STAND ON.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KickPistol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
Wow just noticed I went from Junior member to Senior tonight. Nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGMN-gNfdaY