Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IGamer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haraiko View Post
Difference is if we knew it would be on sale someday, we woulda never bought the skin in 3900rp.

If people wanted the skin so much, then it would't be a problem if the skin was in store for that price. All bundle buyers would agree with the price for this Annie skin.

Bujaaa

02-01-2013

god damn people are whiny *****es. PRICES ALWAYS CHANGE. I cant go to a store and buy a game for 50$ then see the game being sold or 10$ 2 years later and be like "its unfair i want my money back" or something similar. SMH...

footfoe

02-01-2013

you pay for instant gradification here. You do not need those skins. I might have to go ahead and buy all the annie skins! You get what you pay for, I pay for my irrational desire to have pretty splash art female champions.

btw why haven't yall fixed the splash art for the nidalee skins?

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haraiko View Post
Difference is if we knew it would be on sale someday, we woulda never bought the skin in 3900rp.
Thats your problem then if you drop 3900 on a skin, forgetting what the bundle gives you aswell.
The Point people are trying to make, I OWN EVERYTHING in the bundle, so why should i have to pay the full price of the bundle, to get a skin, that is not exclusive,legacy, or limited edition.

Kchaosrei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

this thread is really showing that riots give in to people after a few hours was a hasty and ill formed decision. The rage by a loud few was really a white noise spike cause no one who wanted to the skin thought there would be any rage over it.

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
Thats your problem then if you drop 3900 on a skin, forgetting what the bundle gives you aswell.
The Point people are trying to make, I OWN EVERYTHING in the bundle, so why should i have to pay the full price of the bundle, to get a skin, that is not exclusive,legacy, or limited edition.
It is exclusive to the bundle whether you like that fact or not.

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
It is exclusive to the bundle whether you like that fact or not.
Prove it? Silver Kayle says so in the box, where does it say ANYWHERE that Goth Annie is exclusive to the bundle? I'll be waitting..

Culgrim

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
Prove it? Silver Kayle says so in the box, where does it say ANYWHERE that Goth Annie is exclusive to the bundle? I'll be waitting..
Step into the ultimate Multiplayer Online Battle Arena and experience the best elements of team-based, competitive MMO-style RPG combat boiled down into fast paced game sessions!

League Of Legends Digital Collectors Pack Features:

- 20 additional playable Champions
- 4 powerful Summoner Runes
- Goth Annie skin, exclusive to the Digital Collector's Edition

Source - http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/code...gue_of_legends

miracle maxx

02-01-2013

[/QUOTE]Eh, don't try to dig too much into what the words mean. We could've called them Turtles and had the same impact at this point. It's 'Limited' as in 'Limited Edition' or 'Limited Run'. There's 500 in the system and only 500, and we will never make more. Some people buy things specifically because of it being rare. That's cool and all, but I think we've decided that generally that isn't how we want to do things going forward.

Thus, Legacy- still somewhat rare, still special, but less "Oh man, I wish I could buy Kitty Kat Katarina!"'s going around because we can satisfy those people at a time when it makes sense to do so.[/QUOTE]

I suppose its the lawyer in me but aren't Limited Skins described as not being available for purchase in the future? There is nothing in that definition that would prevent Riot from handing them out as rewards or free at special events. For example, a player who achieves 1000 wins could get a code for the Limited Skin of his or her choice. That way those who "purchased" the skins would get what was promised, and there would be an achievable way for new players to get the skins.

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culgrim View Post
Step into the ultimate Multiplayer Online Battle Arena and experience the best elements of team-based, competitive MMO-style RPG combat boiled down into fast paced game sessions!

League Of Legends Digital Collectors Pack Features:

- 20 additional playable Champions
- 4 powerful Summoner Runes
- Goth Annie skin, exclusive to the Digital Collector's Edition

Source - http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/code...gue_of_legends
Was talking about a Red saying so, not a third party website.