Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kinbountykin

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Unless something changes, we will absolutely update that skin and others when we work on Sivir. The team is committed to that.

Speaking of updates, quality, etc, here's a close up version of the beauty shots GrumpyMonkey did for Annie's announcement. Been looking for an excuse to get them out there.

(I assume I will mangle their size and have to redo it)

I'm still confused though - from your previous post it made it sound like in general future champion skin VUs will be less of a priority regardless of their exclusivity status (and especially because of.)

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salenar View Post
@Ames.

I purchased the bundle for the Goth Annie skin. It is a cool skin. It is now going to be an even cooler skin.

That being sad I see both sides of this situation. It would be awesome to be able to release this awesome skin to a lager player base, but it also would make some people upset at it being "easier" to get.

Ultimately I applaud you handling this delicate situation so well. There was concern within the community and you addressed it.

(and even though I did by the bundle I think you had a great idea by wanting more people to be able to experience this amazing skin)

So my real questions is: What do you put on your Chili Cheese Dogs? Anything other than chili and cheese? For example I put spicy mustard and Tabasco sauce.
If you consider this massive ****storm to be handling it "well" I'd hate to see what happens when it is handled badly. Personally, I don't think it could have been handled much worse. There are some ways it could have been worse but not many, mainly things added on as larger "**** yous" to the current debacle.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
I'm not saying some skins should not be harder to obtain than others.

Lets use your Pax example. Pax skins were designed for being there at Pax with them. Great, nice niche, the fact they're rare is fine.

Now as for Ryze? Should his skins be re-released? I don't know the history on all of them so I couldn't tell you there. But the big difference between Annie and Ryze is that Goth Annie was announced to be available for purchase...and then said offer was rescinded. IF they did the same thing with a Ryze skin I'd be on the same side of the argument I am now (though point of view here might shift depending on the intention of said skin...).
I like special things. I don't really care what people have to say on it. Back when I played WoW, I collected everything I could. My bank was 100% full of junk that I collected that was not obtainable ever again. That's just what I like to do. It means something to me even if it's just some stupid level 1 quest item that has some stupid activate for a quest that was removed. While Goth Annie isn't totally exclusive, it has higher value on it than other skins and the sudden split of her from the bundle causes her value to drop drastically. I don't have to own her to see that and to be against it.

Boogna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

As an owner of the Goth Annie skin myself. i personaly dont care if it were to go on sale for a limited time. i got the skin as a "bonus" of sorts while attempting to get champs to play Draft games.

i too have only never seen it used on or with anyone other then myself. and i have only used it 1 or 2 times while getting stuck with annie in Arams.

the way i see it, your just giving people a chance to pick up a skin they like. befor it go's back to its full price.

Iketsu

02-01-2013

Quote:
Unless something changes, we will absolutely update that skin and others when we work on Sivir. The team is committed to that.

Speaking of updates, quality, etc, here's a close up version of the beauty shots GrumpyMonkey did for Annie's announcement. Been looking for an excuse to get them out there.

(I assume I will mangle their size and have to redo it)
Since you work on the relaunch team, any word on Nidalee's other splash arts? Just curious.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
33 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Go to bed Ames, I think you're running out of things to do.
Work proper starts again in about an hour or so. Just gonna make it an "early" day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salenar View Post
@Ames.
So my real questions is: What do you put on your Chili Cheese Dogs? Anything other than chili and cheese? For example I put spicy mustard and Tabasco sauce.
Just chili and cheese, but the ingredients matter. Now, there's this local food truck called 'Let's be Frank' that has this thing called a Mutt Dog with Devil Plum Sauce that is just amazing. Pretty sure you can order their dogs (organic, etc) and the sauce online.

Fixed the pictures on my last post, by the way. They're jpg's now and apparently that makes the forums happy.

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
It serves no purpose other than to give "haves" something to be a dick about to "have nots".
I don't see anyone being a dick, just defending the value of a skin they put more money than most into getting.

Cynicatt

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
Did you check the kitchen?
Here you go. You got ripped off.

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Fixed the pictures on my last post, by the way. They're jpg's now and apparently that makes the forums happy.
They look downright awesome. Can't wait to get to use them in game. <3 Annie.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I don't see anyone being a dick, just defending the value of a skin they put more money than most into getting.
OK I'm officially done with you then. You are just saying **** for the sake of saying ****. The massive ****ing thread(s) that have been going on have been chock FULL of people being dicks about having exclusive skins that others cannot.

But then again, you did argue for 30 pages that an 80 year old woman purposely maimed herself for the sake of a payday, so I don't know why I am even bothering.