I own Goth Annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Connector Pens

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Kitten Pawz View Post
The issue I have with your post is that Gothic Annie has always been available 24/7
She is simply becoming cheaper. It's not rare or hard to get. It's merely expensive. Selling her skin separate is no different than having a sale since her skin isn't going anywhere.
EDIT: I DO NOT OWN THE GOTH ANNIE SKIN.

There is a difference though, like I said, if that skin goes on sale and suddenly I'm up against a Goth Annie then it's no real difference than going up against a Reverse Annie or Foxfire Ahri etc. It's probably just some guy that had 975RP and wanted a different look for their champion.

If I'm playing against a Goth Annie then there's a chance I'm playing against someone that is obsessed with playing Annie, and I'm suddenly more interested. Also a rare skin is nice to see in play.

Sure, there's the chance that the Reverse Annie is an Annie pro and that the Goth Annie is just someone that got bought the bundle for christmas, but I like the idea of differentiating someones devotion to a champ through owning a slightly harder to acquire skin.

I would just personally like to keep any kind of rarity, however mediocre, in this game. Because there's not a whole lot of it, and like you said yourself owning Kitty Kat Katarina is fun because not everyone has seen it. Gothic Annie is like a more toned down version of that because it's always accessible, just it costs a large amount of money.

KnightMayre

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector Pens View Post
large amount of money.
Goth Annie is priced at about legacy price, unless you already owned everything else in the pack and if you did and bought it just for the Annie skin I feel sorry for you.

Nicodemous

02-01-2013

Quote:
There is a difference though, like I said, if that skin goes on sale and suddenly I'm up against a Goth Annie then it's no real difference than going up against a Reverse Annie or Foxfire Ahri etc. It's probably just some guy that had 975RP and wanted a different look for their champion.

If I'm playing against a Goth Annie then there's a chance I'm playing against someone that is obsessed with playing Annie, and I'm suddenly more interested. Also a rare skin is nice to see in play.

Sure, there's the chance that the Reverse Annie is an Annie pro and that the Goth Annie is just someone that got bought the bundle for christmas, but I like the idea of differentiating someones devotion to a champ through owning a slightly harder to acquire skin.

I would just personally like to keep any kind of rarity, however mediocre, in this game. Because there's not a whole lot of it, and like you said yourself owning Kitty Kat Katarina is fun because not everyone has seen it. Gothic Annie is like a more toned down version of that because it's always accessible, just it costs a large amount of money.
That is faulty logic though... I own goth annie, I don't consider her one of my stronger champs, I am merely proficient with her. I am comfortable enough with her to make her an option for me to take mid, but if you look at my Goth Annie skin and think, "whoa, better be careful this guy knows his stuff," that is a you problem and it is just plain silly.

I own skins for champs I don't even really play, why? Because of people like you... I get skins for every champ I play with any regularity (except for a few where the classic is better than any of their skins) and I got them for champs I intended to play because I know some people equate skins = skill and while that thinking may be an error, taking advantage of that wide spread error has been somewhat helpful to me...

IGamer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightMayre View Post
Goth Annie is priced at about legacy price, unless you already owned everything else in the pack and if you did and bought it just for the Annie skin I feel sorry for you.

As far as I am concerned, there is actually a way for someone to obtain Goth Annie (for free, yes I said it) If you Google, Goth Annie brazil, I think you have to make a LoL account under the country Brazil and then, you can redeem Goth Annie along with a free 1-day IP boost. However, you can only grab the skin if you own the champion I think. Not sure.

Anyway, I am happy for the Brazilians and my friend who also got this skin for free. To those who had to buy it for money. So, go ahead. Make it available.

8====D

Connector Pens

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemous View Post
That is faulty logic though... I own goth annie, I don't consider her one of my stronger champs, I am merely proficient with her. I am comfortable enough with her to make her an option for me to take mid, but if you look at my Goth Annie skin and think, "whoa, better be careful this guy knows his stuff," that is a you problem and it is just plain silly.

I own skins for champs I don't even really play, why? Because of people like you... I get skins for every champ I play with any regularity (except for a few where the classic is better than any of their skins) and I got them for champs I intended to play because I know some people equate skins = skill and while that thinking may be an error, taking advantage of that wide spread error has been somewhat helpful to me...
"If I'm playing against a Goth Annie then there's a chance I'm playing against someone that is obsessed with playing Annie, and I'm suddenly more interested. Also a rare skin is nice to see in play."

I'm not gonna cower at my turret because you own a skin, I just might be more curious as to how good with them you are. Buying skins in the vague hope that it makes someone scared of you is a tactic that will send you broke before it gets you plat.

Kitten Pawz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:

But, I wouldn't think that at all. Considering the price and the amount of cheap champions you can get in the bundle, I would assume the person who uses Goth Annie is fairly new to the game and wants characters now. I would only think someone is a die-hard Annie fan if they bought a skin for her and that's all they got because I can't see myself ever getting that bundle and Annie is the whole reason I even tried out this game.

Matryana

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaniel View Post
I also own Goth Annie, along with Black Alistar, Silver Kayle, and Human Ryze.

To get all of them, I had to pre-order the game online, (Black Alistar and Goth Annie) as well as preorder a physical copy of the game at Gamestop.

The ONLY thing I really received from buying the one at Gamestop were the two skins and a few runes, as they were the same bundle.

Riot then released the bundle with Huntress Sivir, which also cost a pretty penny. I dropped more RP on that bundle just for the Huntress Sivir skin.

Please understand that to make these skins available to the public they have to give the middle finger to customers like me that paid a lot of money just for the skins.

I do understand the other side of the argument, but even to offer it at a lower price when so many people dropped the 3900 RP for the bundle even though they only got the skin out of it would be a massive slap in the face.
you got the RP too, so it was more like 2600 paid

Nicodemous

02-01-2013

Quote:
"If I'm playing against a Goth Annie then there's a chance I'm playing against someone that is obsessed with playing Annie, and I'm suddenly more interested. Also a rare skin is nice to see in play."

I'm not gonna cower at my turret because you own a skin, I just might be more curious as to how good with them you are. Buying skins in the vague hope that it makes someone scared of you is a tactic that will send you broke before it gets you plat.
I never said anything about ranked... I mostly buy skins to support Riot and so it is less likely that my team will confuse me with the other one of me... The intimidation factor is mostly in normals and it is mostly a bonus... ( was being a bit facetious in the other post I admit)

Aomines

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaniel View Post
I also own Goth Annie, along with Black Alistar, Silver Kayle, and Human Ryze.

To get all of them, I had to pre-order the game online, (Black Alistar and Goth Annie) as well as preorder a physical copy of the game at Gamestop.

The ONLY thing I really received from buying the one at Gamestop were the two skins and a few runes, as they were the same bundle.

Riot then released the bundle with Huntress Sivir, which also cost a pretty penny. I dropped more RP on that bundle just for the Huntress Sivir skin.

Please understand that to make these skins available to the public they have to give the middle finger to customers like me that paid a lot of money just for the skins.

I do understand the other side of the argument, but even to offer it at a lower price when so many people dropped the 3900 RP for the bundle even though they only got the skin out of it would be a massive slap in the face.

But my question is, why would you pay that much for a silly skin?

I bought PFE at full price because I didn't play Ezreal when it was released and on sale. I don't care that I payed more, though I wish I had bought it then. It was my choice, because I wanted the skin.

It's the same concept with other champion sales, where I've already payed full price for the skin I want and then it's magically on sale. .-.

IGamer

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desaicedancer View Post
But my question is, why would you pay that much for a silly skin?

I bought PFE at full price because I didn't play Ezreal when it was released and on sale. I don't care that I payed more, though I wish I had bought it then. It was my choice, because I wanted the skin.

It's the same concept with other champion sales, where I've already payed full price for the skin I want and then it's magically on sale. .-.
Apparantly, when the skin was going to available for 10 dollars, everyone wanted that "silly" skin, didn't they?