Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

KDA is a horrible way to determine league points.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kushmeyer2

01-31-2013

Quote:
batosia95136:
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22892-unoffical-pbe-patch-notes-for-1-20-2013-loads-of

In the spoilers:

lhWhatDeterminesHowManyLeaguePointsIGainFromWinningAMatchTitle:"What determines how many League Points I gain from winning a match?"

rswKDA:"KDA"

Notice how the text is also unformatted as stated in the article. As in, no particular order. Notice how half of those questions don't even have answers that make sense. Notice how someone with a platinum badge for season 2 doesn't even have reading comprehension.

Cronofuge

Recruiter

01-31-2013

Really? My kda on soraka is 19.0

Nicodemous

01-31-2013

Quote:
batosia95136:
If I'm playing support and me and my AD carry are low and an enemy Caitlyn ults the AD carry I don't have motivation to save my carry.

There are so many plays where you sacrifice yourself for the sake of the team which is GOOD play, but having league points determined by your KDA discourages this.

It's going to encourage people to play more passive supports like Janna and Soraka because they can stand in the back and buff allies for assists, and it hurts aggressive supports that go into the enemy team to win fights like Alistar and Leona.

This isn't CoD it's an RTS. Many decent strategies require sacrifice.

Every role must carry... it is the will of the Chinese Overlords...