Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

KDA is a horrible way to determine league points.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXLightRainXx

01-31-2013

Quote:
batosia95136:
There are a bunch of times where you can die without getting any assists and still win the fight for your team. If you're playing a tank and the entire enemy teams burns all their AoE ults on you for example. The enemy team no longer has a strong fighting potential, and your team can clean them up.

Agreed, never said this wasnt true! But the times these actually happens are minimal! In a teamfight only by healing somone or even aouthitting u get an assist
Anyways, the total average after 500ranked matches is quite accuarate and it represents your skil level, taking KDA into account just makes the system more accurate.

Diminister

Recruiter

01-31-2013

Completely agree, this isn't a game based on kills, this just encourages KSing and no not kill securing, actually stealing for the league points. This is a strategy game, not CoD, completely agree with you

striker ukita

01-31-2013

I disagree KDA is a great way to evaluate how a player should be rewarded, but they should put into the equation the individual champion played not just the role. set a base number for wins and loss then scale how well you played your champion compared to your champion's overall averages. But other wise I agree going by a flat comparison would really screw over support players, or make it more likely for them to say "screw my carry we are losing anyways so I might as well do good for my self and get some kills!" also supports should be rewarded more for high assist ratio's then high kill ratios

Mediocre Top

01-31-2013

Quote:
batosia95136:
I really hope that's the case, but I'm still going to say KDA is a horrible way to determine league points.

I honestly don't understand what made you go out and say "KDA determines LP"

It's clearly obvious that these are separate strings because none of the other strings are paired.

Example:
String 1: "IhCanILoseATierThatIveEarnedTitle": Can I lose a tier that I've earned?"

String 2: "rvltBestofFive:"BEST OF 5"

K, apparently "Best of 5" answers a question about losing tiers.

ITT: OP making assumptions based on obviously separate strings.

Zisi

01-31-2013

lol KDA has nothing to do with LP gain or loss. Quit trying to troll gullible people lol.... well nm its actually kinda funny.

Keshaldra

01-31-2013

10/10, now THIS is how you troll.

cLo

01-31-2013

You do know that KDA stands for Kills, Deaths and Assists right? Basically It's Kills + Assists to Death ratio. Support players usually have high KDA's as well because of the number of assists they rack up.

xXLightRainXx

01-31-2013

Quote:
xXEric702xX:
Completely agree, this isn't a game based on kills, this just encourages KSing and no not kill securing, actually stealing for the league points. This is a strategy game, not CoD, completely agree with you

Thats why its KDA ratio not just KD, it encourages people to have better rstio and so play better even helping teamates as assists also help, not ksing ASSITS ARE ALSO TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT DAMN SON.

Servare Vitas

01-31-2013

Quote:
Keshaldra:
10/10, now THIS is how you troll.

qft

Ryrok

01-31-2013

The linked post is just pulling strings from a patch file. The OP misread it. The actual response is the following, which you can tell based on it's key:

lhWhatDeterminesHowManyLeaguePointsIGainFromWinningAMatchTitle:"What determines how many League Points I gain from winning a match?"

lhWhatDeterminesHowManyLeaguePointsIGainFromWinningAMatchDesc:"There are numerous factors, with the two major ones being the following:

1. The difficulty of the match. If matchmaking considered your opponents to be favored, you will gain more LP than normal, and less LP if the reverse is true.

2. The relative MMRs of the people you are playing with and against. If you are playing with people who are generally higher in the standings than you are, you will gain LP more quickly (and lose it more slowly from a loss) so that you will generally trend upwards even with a 50/50 record.