KDA is a horrible way to determine league points.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

That looks like shorthand for a way to record stats...Just saying.

Not a way to gain more league points. Just like the current system has stat tracking.

batosia95136

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Ur tottaly wrong. Even supoort can be beneficiated b this sytem asit also takes assits into account. Good players havegood KDA bad ones have a bad ratio, its simple.
There are a bunch of times where you can die without getting any assists and still win the fight for your team. If you're playing a tank and the entire enemy teams burns all their AoE ults on you for example. The enemy team no longer has a strong fighting potential, and your team can clean them up.

Ble

01-31-2013

Ever realized the possibility that the line below it is not answering the "question" posed by the line above it and they're just randomly ordered? Read the whole spoiler section of the announcement.. It's just a coincidence.

Abysus

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by batosia95136 View Post
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22892-unoffical-pbe-patch-notes-for-1-20-2013-loads-of

In the spoilers:

lhWhatDeterminesHowManyLeaguePointsIGainFromWinnin gAMatchTitle:"What determines how many League Points I gain from winning a match?"

rswKDA:"KDA"
Each one of those strings are seperate entities and do not correlate to each other.

Mediocre Top

01-31-2013

Quote:
You know that's not a counter-argument at all right?

That's like me saying that I have a weighted die that lands on 6 85% of the time and you saying that there are 6 faces of the die.
It's also like the OP saying stuff from a week ago on the PBE isn't subject to change and will 100% be implemented into the ranked system.

owait

The Sgt Pepper

01-31-2013

OK

Play champions with execute spells and resets.

As if they were not OP enough as it is.

Elise, Kah'Zix, Darius are now in their own tier.

batosia95136

01-31-2013

Quote:
Each one of those strings are seperate entities and do not correlate to each other.
I really hope that's the case, but I'm still going to say KDA is a horrible way to determine league points.

Blindsorcerer

01-31-2013

Play supp properly and you will have enough assists this shouldn't be an issue. Only an issue for kids with bad KDA which honestly, while stats don't mean everything, if your KDA is bad on everyone you're bad sorry.

batosia95136

01-31-2013

lhWhatDeterminesHowManyLeaguePointsIGainFromWinnin gAMatchDesc:"There are numerous factors, with the two major ones being the following:

1. The difficulty of the match. If matchmaking considered your opponents to be favored, you will gain more LP than normal, and less LP if the reverse is true.

2. The relative MMRs of the people you are playing with and against. If you are playing with people who are generally higher in the standings than you are, you will gain LP more quickly (and lose it more slowly from a loss) so that you will generally trend upwards even with a 50/50 record.

"

OK I found it, thankfully I was misreading. In my defense riot is hiding Elo because people were complaining, and people have been complaining about KDA not representing elo for a long time.

I Play Orianna

01-31-2013

Quote:
I really hope that's the case, but I'm still going to say KDA is a horrible way to determine league points.
they arn't doing that, wait till real information comes out rather than data strings that have no correlation being next to each other