KDA is a horrible way to determine league points.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tiffybear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

If I'm playing support and me and my AD carry are low and an enemy Caitlyn ults the AD carry I don't have motivation to save my carry.

There are so many plays where you sacrifice yourself for the sake of the team which is GOOD play, but having league points determined by your KDA discourages this.

It's going to encourage people to play more passive supports like Janna and Soraka because they can stand in the back and buff allies for assists, and it hurts aggressive supports that go into the enemy team to win fights like Alistar and Leona.

This isn't CoD it's an RTS. Many decent strategies require sacrifice.

DreadnaughtXER0

01-31-2013

Agreed. KDA should be no indicator of skill or used to determine EXP or LP or anything required to rank up regardless of the game.

Mediocre Top

01-31-2013

And remind where it said KDA has anything to do with League points?

All the "new" system is is catering to ELO Boosters/ELO Hell noobs who think it's not their fault. It's still based on winning, you still have ELO (albeit hidden), and you still have the same teammates.

EDIT: I just read the announcement post on the new system and it says, CLEARLY, that you gain League Points from winning ranked games. Not anyway does it say "LOL **** WINS KDA NOOB".

EDIT2: OP linked a Reign of Gaming article that shows spoilers of some strings of text that have no correlation to each other, but the OP said it did. The strings also aren't formatted. Move along people, KDA has nothing to do with League Points.

Vacus

01-31-2013

Fortunately for you, KDA has nothing to do with LP. Nothing at all. I don't know where you even heard something that stupid; I suspect you must have dreamed it.

tiffybear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
And remind where it said KDA has anything to do with League points?
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22...-2013-loads-of

In the spoilers:

lhWhatDeterminesHowManyLeaguePointsIGainFromWinnin gAMatchTitle:"What determines how many League Points I gain from winning a match?"

rswKDA:"KDA"

The Awed One

01-31-2013

I've never seen anything about K/D/A having any effect whatsoever.

Mediocre Top

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by batosia95136 View Post
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22...-2013-loads-of

In the spoilers:

lhWhatDeterminesHowManyLeaguePointsIGainFromWinnin gAMatchTitle:"What determines how many League Points I gain from winning a match?"

rswKDA:"KDA"

Except in the announcement post for the new system it says that you will gain 10-20 League points per match.

xXLightRainXx

01-31-2013

Ur tottaly wrong. Even supoort can be beneficiated b this sytem asit also takes assits into account. Good players havegood KDA bad ones have a bad ratio, its simple.

tiffybear

01-31-2013

Quote:
Except in the announcement post for the new system it says that you will gain 10-20 League points per match.
You know that's not a counter-argument at all right?

That's like me saying that I have a weighted die that lands on 6 85% of the time and you saying that there are 6 faces of the die.

Niqhtmare x

01-31-2013

woooooooooow
gggggggg

why riot why

edit: that challenger tier looks pretty awesome lol