Summoner's Rift is a game mode that has been fully integrated with Flash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirLucious LftFt

01-31-2013

there are few things that feel as epic as being a tank, dieing on a node. revive, get back, aoe spells( sumtin op like amumu or malph ulti), garrison. someone gets a double or tripple kill. in a clutch situation like the last cap to end a game/what could have been the last cap for the other team.

that is just one experiance where ive enjoyed it, but really its just a fun mechanic that also requires skill to use. mixing those 2 things in anything is always good.

konfetarius

01-31-2013

Quote:
If you really think that 10 Revive being a necessity rather than a choice is a good thing, then you don't understand what makes a good game.
10 revive creates a brand of gameplay that is significantly more entertaining and varied than (Dominion - Revive) = ??? does.

And it's not like there is a written universal rule of law that if something is mandatory, it's automatically bad. Nor is there a written universal rule that says that Dominion sucks if everyone chooses 1 summoner instead of 2.

Hell, personally, in the context of current Dominion balance? The revive spam means less Exhausts and Garrisons. I am so O.K. with that proposition I could morph into Rammus.

Talith PA

01-31-2013

At least we aren't seeing 8 garrisons, 2 clairvoyances, and 10 revives yet.

Orphane

01-31-2013

10 cv 10 garrison

intellectual checkmate

Phourc

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekboss View Post
Sometimes it's better to die and revive than go back to base or try to escape from your enemies
Which is admittedly really fun when you do it - though it creates a situation where killing an enemy means they'll likely pop *their* revive and zip back to murder you. ):

Blizzmaster

01-31-2013

Revive is so prevalent in Dominion due to the nature of the game. It's a time sensitive zone control game mode. Being dead for any amount of time is a major setback (especially when you're in the lead by a large amount), and with the way death timers are right now, it's no wonder Revive is taken so often. The power of being able to get right back to a critical point and possibly save it from capture (or take it back) is huge!

I want to see what the effect on Dominion would be if the discrepancy between teams' death timers were reduced (or even removed). Revive might not be an almost-necessary Summoner Spell with the right changes.

lbgsloan

01-31-2013

There are many issues with the mode, but revive isn't one of them. There is always going to be a 'best' summoner. Remove or cripple revive, and you just see 10 garrisons instead. Then what, nerf garrison into the ground too? Then you have 10 exhausts. In general the summoner spells were a cute RPGish idea, but some of them are simply too niche while others are extremely relevant in any situation. Revive and garrison are far too relevent to a fast paced take and hold mode, and there's really no nerf you could make that would balance them without killing them entirely.

The only thing I think they should ever change is to actually just removing more of the overly niche summoners and putting them into items like they did for promote. No one is ever going to waste a summoner slot for clarity, put I'd sometimes consider an item that had something like that as an active. People would ***** about summoner choice less if the pool was reduced

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

So is no one going to point out that some junglers on SR take exhaust instead? or even ignite(Shaco)? and Vlad and Olaf take Ghost instead?

The Fizznity

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
10 revive creates a brand of gameplay that is significantly more entertaining and varied than (Dominion - Revive) = ??? does.

And it's not like there is a written universal rule of law that if something is mandatory, it's automatically bad. Nor is there a written universal rule that says that Dominion sucks if everyone chooses 1 summoner instead of 2.

Hell, personally, in the context of current Dominion balance? The revive spam means less Exhausts and Garrisons. I am so O.K. with that proposition I could morph into Rammus.
That's not the point. The point is that you're *supposed* to have 2 summoner slots that you can choose to put different spells in, but you only really have one thanks to revive being mandatory. Revive is fine; it eating a summoner is not.

At least in SR there are some arguable cases where you'd want to make players tradeoff no flash for being able to do X instead. in Dom, nope. You take revive or you're doing it wrong and gimping your team.

Eyemite

01-31-2013

I am starting to get the feeling that if revive was removed from the game there would just be more threads about how another summoner spell that everyone took needed to be removed. Upon removing all summoner spells there would be additional *****ing about X aspect of the game that also needs to go etc.