Summoner's Rift is a game mode that has been fully integrated with Flash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

01-31-2013

It is impossible to discuss SR balance without also discussing Flash. This is what 3 years of constantly balancing that particular mode specifically around the existence of Flash has caused.

Nome, why are you letting the same thing happen to Dominion with Revive? Revive is not a niche pick or a popular pick summoner spell anymore. Revive has proven that it is the must pick spell for any serious round of Dominion. Dominion can avoid the "10 Flash" problem that SR has because the mode is still young, it's still developing, and it doesn't receive the same rapid balance treatment as SR. There is still time to nip this thing in the butt.

Don't let Revive become Dominion's version of Flash. When a summoner spell is so effective that you see at least 8 of 10 players pick it for a serious competitive match, the game gets less fun because player choice is being diminished.

Nome, 10 Revive each game in the highest echelons of competitive Dominion play should be seen as a problem. I know at first everyone thought it was so super cute that Revive finally had a good spot, but it's not a good spot. Becoming like Flash is a terrible, terrible spot for any summoner spell and it's terrible for the game.

At this point in LoL's existence, at this point where as developers Riot has seen the type of problems that come full circle when they cater to a particular summoner spell due to its popularity, at this point where Summoner's Rift stands as a prime example of how bad that problem can get, it would be supremely irresponsible to let it happen again.

If ever the day comes for ranked Dominion play, and if on that day 10 Revive is the only way to play the mode optimally, then Dominion will be a failure.

konfetarius

01-31-2013

But, 10 revive is fun.

HaIfhearted

01-31-2013

How is having 10 Revive a problem?
I honestly don't have any problems with Revive, and most other high elo players are fine with it as well.

General Quackers

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
How is having 10 Revive a problem?
I honestly don't have any problems with Revive, and most other high elo players are fine with it as well.
Just like a lot of players were fine with 10 Flash 3 years ago. Now SR is at the point where 10 Flash isn't an option anymore, it's a necessity.

If you really think that 10 Revive being a necessity rather than a choice is a good thing, then you don't understand what makes a good game.

MyDeadGrandma

01-31-2013

The mistake of LoL was having two summoners. Effectively removing one from direct combat is good.

Once they fix the respawn mechanics, most people will probably stop caring. Hell, you may even get away with not taking it on heroes like lulu/nidalee/zilean/shaco/teemo.

David12596

01-31-2013

I still feel revive being a must have does limit choices which is not good for the mode. Though completely removing it as some suggest is not a good option in my opinion. I happen to like the gameplay that revive creates. I rather they remove revive as a summoner spell and add it somewhere else in Dom.

Dom should have something like DOTA2 has which is champion portraits on the top of the screen to show you when a enemy or ally is up and how much time they have until they respawn. This way we don't have to hit tab over and over again of the course of the game. This is really something I dislike.

Painkillar

01-31-2013

but, but, revive makes me not have to stare at a clock for 24 seconds.

NamKim

01-31-2013

They need to nerf Revive by having a speed boost that decays over time...oh wait, they already did that

My problem with Revive is not so much with Revive itself, but rather summoner spells with as a whole.

I think that we can all agree on that Summoner spells should be looked at more closely for Dominion. Now, what we believe should happen to them is a different story.

Personally, I would rather have RiotNome work on the respawn timer rather than worry about Revive. I would also like RiotNome to work on fixing the Kassadin issue before anything else.

CptInsano25

01-31-2013

Just never die. Then its no issue.....

Mekboss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptInsano25 View Post
Just never die. Then its no issue.....
Sometimes it's better to die and revive than go back to base or try to escape from your enemies