Getting to 6300 again

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

themaddscientist

02-03-2013

Hello everyone. I'm getting close to 6300 and that means I get to decide what champion to pick next, and I'm not sure who to pick. As background, my playstyle is all about harassment, creating advantages and playing on enemy mistakes. I have essentially built my playstyle around Maokai, Taric and Ezreal, where I can bombard from a distance, lead team fights, and be a heavy hitter come late game.

With that in mind, I'm looking at specifically at Wukong, Nocturne, Swain, Thresh and Nami. My brother tells me that Wukong is a lot of fun and I think he would be really great for messing with people's heads. I've had some experience with Nocturne, but I've always had a bit of trouble with bruisers. Swain I think I could carry with, though I have no previous experience with. Thresh seems similar enough to both Blitzcrank and Taric for me to really love playing him, though I'm hesistant to pick him up because he is a new champion and I haven't played with him before. Nami I think I might have some trouble with because when I did player her I had trouble landing Aqua Prison.

Thanks for any feedback you can give. Who should I go for?

TurtleLoner

02-03-2013

i would reccomend either wukong or swain. they are both really good champions that have many options for laning. wukong can jungle or top, while swain can mid and top.

JasonC

02-03-2013

lol

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Personally, I prefer to keep a buffer of points, so I'm never at a loss if a skin I want comes on sale, or if I decide to pick up a new set of runes, or if I find a free week champion I like enough to add to my roster. I've made it up over 12k a few times, and I'm currently sitting at about 7800.

There are a few champions I know I'm going to buy(Nautilus, Jarvan IV, Skarner, Diana are all on the list), but I'm waiting for sales on skins that I want for them, so I don't, for example, buy J4 now, then have Abyssal Nautilus come on sale while I can't afford to buy him.

If you're looking for me to name something on that specific list, Nocturne would be my pick. He's a phenomenal jungler, with a strong clear, decent early ganks, strong post-6 ganks, and great mid to late game assassination potential. He can also steal objectives from farther away then any other jungler, with his ult-smite combo, provided you have vision.

dementedbaboon

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Personally, I prefer to keep a buffer of points, so I'm never at a loss if a skin I want comes on sale,
You can buy skins for IP? I only see them for RP? Or if you buy the champion when the skin is on sale do you get the skin, too?

themaddscientist

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementedbaboon View Post
You can buy skins for IP? I only see them for RP? Or if you buy the champion when the skin is on sale do you get the skin, too?
He means that if a skin comes for a champion that he wants, he'll be able to get it because he can insta-buy the champion.

It's a good thought. I'll probably hang onto my IP for a bit and see what I need more. Or maybe I'll get a rune page, I only have four at the moment and that's not good to have for my varied top laners.

dementedbaboon

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaddscientist View Post
He means that if a skin comes for a champion that he wants, he'll be able to get it because he can insta-buy the champion.
Does the skin you get with champion change depending on when you buy it?

Deadbulletz

02-04-2013

If you like to harass try out fizz. very strong. (can be a lil squishy) but very mobile. loads of fun.