Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Albert Dakkar

01-31-2013

How do people build the old pirate nowadays? I've been trying Fist and Hydra which is pretty funny but I'm still relatively unsure of what to do with him in this new age.

konfetarius

01-31-2013

Infinity Edge, armor pen, Sword of the Divine.

Critplank on demand.

Eyemite

01-31-2013

I have tried the bruise route and the crit route. In my personal experience a tanky bruiser GP usually just gets rolled and doesn't do near enough dps compared to most, he has some nice utility but other than that.... Crit is great but you are very squishy and usually won't shine until late because of item dependance but huge parley crits are just nice to see. There really isn't a "new age" for this pirate imo as far as dominion is concerned.

BeefJerkyHunter

01-31-2013

I don't really get it. Gangplank - on paper - seems like he would be a fine champion, but I've never seen him or have made him work in practice.

Orphane

01-31-2013

Build someone else. Success!

Albert Dakkar

02-01-2013

Welp, looks like I'm on my own then.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I dont really like Hydra/Tiamat. The active isnt very good and the passive has such a small area of effect.
Fist works ok but Ezreal does it lots better.

I'd probably build him like a Tanky bruiser, which means Sheen to Triforce (even cheaper after the patch!). Then lots of tanky gear. That gives decent DPS with chance of slow on hit from pistol.

The critplank is alright but so many champs outrange that nowdays. Compare to KZs crazy poke. He is super squishy if you go with the pure offense gear.

A tanky build with triforce, some big health items like 2 giants belts upgraded lategame, and an Atmas and last whisper should work pretty well. Decently high ranged power plus solid melee with good chasing ability due to your onhit slow, your movespeed booster passive/active plus triforce MS.
And cannon for the teamfight boost, plus aura goodness.