Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Critical] Game freezes, audio loops.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chamrajnagar

01-31-2013

Hey friends. I am playing on the new Riot Mac client. I get decent performance (excluding mouse jitters) on low settings (~40 fps on average). However, while playing today, several times the game would freeze and loop the last few milliseconds of audio over and over again (i.e. DEMACIA-DEMACIA-DEMACIA.) This happened, I think, 4 times during my 20 minute game, and it would last about 5 seconds each time. Although the freezes didn't have any dire consequences (I was playing Garen), I can imagine this could completely ruin a game in the future.

Here is my system info:

OSX Lion 10.7.5
iMac: 20-inch, Mid 2007
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

I just recently reset my SRAM. My internet is great; I typically get around 40 ping.

Udyr

Recruiter

01-31-2013

Thanks for the report and the logs. We'll check it out.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

01-31-2013

Quote:
Chamrajnagar:
Hey friends. I am playing on the new Riot Mac client. I get decent performance (excluding mouse jitters) on low settings (~40 fps on average). However, while playing today, several times the game would freeze and loop the last few milliseconds of audio over and over again (i.e. DEMACIA-DEMACIA-DEMACIA.) This happened, I think, 4 times during my 20 minute game, and it would last about 5 seconds each time. Although the freezes didn't have any dire consequences (I was playing Garen), I can imagine this could completely ruin a game in the future.

Here is my system info:

OSX Lion 10.7.5
iMac: 20-inch, Mid 2007
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

I just recently reset my SRAM. My internet is great; I typically get around 40 ping.

Did you happen to reconnect to this game?

DeceitfulFish

01-31-2013

I've had a similar problem just this last game. In my case, it happened right when Xin started harassing and I gave him first blood. -.- It was a good three or four seconds. After the game caught up, most sound effects seemed to "skip" for a few seconds, they would play a second late or not at all.

Mac OS X 10.8.2
MacBook Air Mid-2011
1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
2GB Ram
Intel HD 3000

Chamrajnagar

02-02-2013

Quote:
RiotBrentmeister:
Did you happen to reconnect to this game?

Yes, the game continued as normal after each freeze; I was not disconnected.

Also, I think I recall there being problems with all sound effects that game, like DeceitfulFish described.