solid anivia builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirLucious LftFt

01-31-2013

anivia used to be my main and i love playing her, but sadly her mana problems seem too big of a burden on this map to regularly use her over other mages.

Anyone find any solid builds to roll on her? Anything that seems pretty effective, without the need to go B way too often.

her dps spec is pretty decent, and i love how well she 1v1s in the jungle vs a lot of bruisers/ assasins, she can disengage amazingly, but the problem is that u just run outa mana using ur ulti in an effective manner

Shes pretty solid with a liches bane, her ulti can proc it twice, once when u use it, once when u turn it off. and she has 600 auto atk range.that mixed with the burst she already has is pretty awsome.

this makes her surprisingly effective if u rush liches bane for first fight and u manage to avoid getting gibbed super fast. you dont have the ulti effectiveness but u can spam ur moves and e is on a short CD for plenty of sheen procs. not the best thing to do but fun -_-

ive used her pretty effectively as a tank a few times, aoe slows, aoe stun, wall. with good base dmg. the problem is that you either are gonna be squishy early and have mediocre mana problems , or u can be kinda tanky early and have terrible mana problems.

if she can get to end game just like in SR her mana problems arnt nearly as bad, the lack of teh blue buff/stacking tear time are probably the biggest problems with keeping her viable on this map, but if anyones got any ideas that have worked i would love to hear them.

A12MO12

02-01-2013

lichbane is a terrible early item on anivia. You want a large mana pool to start, then build AP to abuse the mana pool you have built up. That means starting items could consist of prospector ring > catalyst > tear > RoA > then you build AP items.

Example build
Start: Prospector ring + boots + pots Or catalyst + pots
catalyst > RoA > Tear > sorc shoes > Void staff > situational

After you have prospector ring + RoA + sorc shoes + and maybe void staff you have different choices. If you are taking quite a bit of magic damage it would be a good idea to work on a abyssal sceptre or athene's unholy grail. If some AD champs giving you a hard time I would get a chain vest to start and you can either build a frozen heart or into wooglets, both similar price points but wooglets would give more damage plus the active while Frozen heart would give CDR, more mana and AS debuff aura for when the bruisers dive you.

Typical build would look like this
RoA, Archangel's staff, sorc shoes, void staff,Abyssal Scepter, Frozen Heart. <-- I like to build my mages tanky and you could do BFT instead of the scepter if there is a lack of magic damage for enemy team. You could also switch the FH for randuins, wooglets, or thornmail. Again there is no build set in stone, always adapt to who you are facing.

HaIfhearted

02-01-2013

I'm not sure about Tear on Anivia.
Seems like it would just weaken your midgame and earlier parts of lategame too much.

SirLucious LftFt

02-01-2013

thx for the advice, i agree the liches bane early is horrible plan. on the tear note, i enjoy the mana but havnt been able to get one to stack all the way up whenever i get one, but the mana is really nice to have.