Anyway possible to get an account un-permabanned?

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Big O and Dukes

01-31-2013

Quote:
I understand the frustration that comes with having your account lost forever, but think of the people that have to put up with your toxicity and negativity.
Let me stop you right there. Nobody has to put up with his "toxicity and negativity". Everyone has tools that very quickly take care of verbal harassment issues at their disposal, in the form of a swear filter and ignore button. The idea that this "doesn't matter" and "the rules are the rules" is a completely unacceptable position.

The person you are responding to didn't just have $700 or more stolen from him by Riot. In addition they have stolen endless hours of time and effort, things that he cannot make back. Losing them because he is a poor sport and has a negative attitude is basically criminal.

Big O and Dukes

01-31-2013

This idea that having your account taken away from you forever is a "lesson you should take to heart and learn from" is so unbelievable. I don't think these sorts of statements from Riot employees will be tolerated by the community forever.

Mapex

02-01-2013

I wish they would look into this again but doubtful they will.

Oh well, just got paid today and as stupid as of sounds me wasting close to $200 on this game is worth it.

I've gotten over 5000+ hours of entertainment (if not a hell of alot more. Total of 3000 ranked games and 1k normal games on that account) on Mapex. What else in this world can you pay so little and have that much fun?

Either way, would still want my account back. Move from a perma ban system to a few months or so. Figure other ways to protect your community from me then the perma ban system.

I've read a countless number of related posts, some people deal with emotions different. We don't want to find another game lyte.

The fact that I read Lyte say "if they perma ban us; go find another game" made me pretty much lose all respect for him. You sound like a troll tolling trolls.

Bradykin

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
I wish they would look into this again but doubtful they will.

Oh well, just got paid today and as stupid as of sounds me wasting close to $200 on this game is worth it.

I've gotten over 5000+ hours of entertainment (if not a hell of alot more. Total of 3000 ranked games and 1k normal games on that account) on Mapex. What else in this world can you pay so little and have that much fun?

Either way, would still want my account back. Move from a perma ban system to a few months or so. Figure other ways to protect your community from me then the perma ban system.

I've read a countless number of related posts, some people deal with emotions different. We don't want to find another game lyte.

The fact that I read Lyte say "if they perma ban us; go find another game" made me pretty much lose all respect for him. You sound like a troll tolling trolls.
To be frank, you've gotten bans of significant length before, while not following the ToS. What gives you the right to a second chance?

Also, this idea going around that Riot bans people so they will rebut skins and stuff is idiotic. The money from one acct is beyond insignificant compared to the number of users most permabanned people would have caused to stop playing by that point in time. Lyte is not a "troll tolling troll", he understands the financial aspect behind player satisfaction, which toxic players help to ruin.

YueienGato

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapex View Post

Or it is the final recourse for people who have been given 4 prior chances at minimizing or changing their behaviour. Perma bamps were instituted because Lyte and co. couldn't find a better way of dealing with toxic people. Hell, at one point they even instituted some sort of redemption policy where owners of perma bamp accounts could get a chance at getting them reinstated if they lvl a smurf account to 20 without trouble. They found that less than 15% (I believe) people actually managed that.

Quote:
I was mean and rude. I was a toxic player.
Hindsight is 20/20. You're angry now, but once you cool down you'll understand that you're projecting your anger at Lyte. You may disagree with him, but by you being where you are he, himself, is disappointed that you're at the point where you are.

Big O and Dukes

02-01-2013

Lyte and his cronies decision to permanently steal content because they "couldn't think of anything better" should be unacceptable to us all. But i'm sure his time will come.

One of the biggest problems that I see in the argument you make is the way you and people like you say "chances". "He was given four chances! We gave you seven chances! We gave you a warning and four time bans! You had your chance!"

This is an argument that comes from someone who is truly sick. This guy is a human, not a robot. The standard you are holding him and the thousands of other people who have been permabanned to is absolutely wrong. He's admittedly a jerk, rude, and a poor player to have to listen to. Don't like him? Mute button is right there. Be the bigger man. But to be a coward, as Lyte has suggested you do, and contribute to him having all of his content ripped away from him forever, points out the kind of person you are, not him. I would suggest anyone willing to do that needs professional help.

PenguinKillBear

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O and Dukes View Post
Lyte and his cronies decision to permanently steal content because they "couldn't think of anything better" should be unacceptable to us all. But i'm sure his time will come.

One of the biggest problems that I see in the argument you make is the way you and people like you say "chances". "He was given four chances! We gave you seven chances! We gave you a warning and four time bans! You had your chance!"

This is an argument that comes from someone who is truly sick. This guy is a human, not a robot. The standard you are holding him and the thousands of other people who have been permabanned to is absolutely wrong. He's admittedly a jerk, rude, and a poor player to have to listen to. Don't like him? Mute button is right there. Be the bigger man. But to be a coward, as Lyte has suggested you do, and contribute to him having all of his content ripped away from him forever, points out the kind of person you are, not him. I would suggest anyone willing to do that needs professional help.
You talk about thousands of people permabanned as if they are a large group. What about the millions of players who dont rage, who dont insult, and who dont show up in the tribunal because they follow the rules?

PenguinKillBear

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O and Dukes View Post
Let me stop you right there. Nobody has to put up with his "toxicity and negativity". Everyone has tools that very quickly take care of verbal harassment issues at their disposal, in the form of a swear filter and ignore button. The idea that this "doesn't matter" and "the rules are the rules" is a completely unacceptable position.

The person you are responding to didn't just have $700 or more stolen from him by Riot. In addition they have stolen endless hours of time and effort, things that he cannot make back. Losing them because he is a poor sport and has a negative attitude is basically criminal.
You know whats basically criminal? Entering into a contract that you ahve not read and have no desire to follow. Like you those who are permabanned do everytime they patch the client and accept the ToS.

Big O and Dukes

02-01-2013

There are not millions of "innocent" people playing this game, let's be clear. Let's take a look at the toxic environment Riot has created for us in what should be the best evolution of Dota there is.

Most games begin with a squabble over roles that leads to instant threats to report. Often people will pick a role horribly against the meta or already taken in an attempt to get you to dodge. These actions are for the most part never "judged" or shined a light on. Get in the game and look out, because people are just waiting to find a reason to report you. "Report so-and-so for dying. Report for talking back to me. Report this guy. Report. Report." Once in the post-game lobby, the lobbying to the other team to report the guy you've singled out begins. DO not pretend this is a not a game by game occurrence because it absolutely is.

Even if this is not completely your experience with the game so far, which I find hard to believe, the idea that there are millions and millions of innocent players just trying to follow the rules and who are being infringed on by ragers is a farce.

Big O and Dukes

02-01-2013

Quote:
You know whats basically criminal? Entering into a contract that you ahve not read and have no desire to follow. Like you those who are permabanned do everytime they patch the client and accept the ToS.
I don't know who you are but you are a disgrace. I can only hope that karma comes back around your way.

1234567 ... 8