how to counter Caitlyn as Signed top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilverGalford

01-31-2013

once i saw a Signed top lane losing against Caith , to be honest he or she was pretty good. traps on the bush worked perfectly .i lost the game because of that caith top lane. how to counter her?

TheOnlyJaces

01-31-2013

Other then ganks, you cant XD
Even if u get in range , she just gtfo so quick o.Ov

AsphodelNext

01-31-2013

Really, you switch with your bot lane, unless they're doing something strange like double ADC. Either that, or you have your jungler come and gank her. Of course, you also do the common sense things, like building armor, getting really, really tanky(you should be doing this regardless), not letting her poke you, etc. It's really just a bad matchup, because most top laners don't expect to see a Caitlyn. If they're running double ADC, you just have to build tanky and wait for team fights, then CC them and clean up. Else, just switch and hold bot lane while top gets destroyed by your duo lane.

HBAFreightTrain

01-31-2013

You must make Singed tanky and give him sustain so he can take her poke while he goes in to farm without taking too much punishment. Ninja Tabi is a must for this. Take extra pots and make sure you get some farm even if it means taking damage. Just don't die. Once you get enough tank and sustain, you'll be able to farm reliably. You'll lose lane but not horribly. Just focus on your tank and when it's time for the team fights, you'll be tanking for them. You may end with a bad K/D/A but you'll also end in a W.

Shallow Cubes

01-31-2013

Step 1: Rush Sunfire Cape
Step 1a: Ninja Tabis if need be. Not a bad choice if AA harass is getting you and they are ADC heavy.
Step 2: Laugh at Caitlyn

Not sure if this has really been rebalanced lately, since I haven't been around much, but double RoA on Singed makes him tankier beyond belief with damage to spare, if you can get them fairly early. Granted, since it's Cait top lane, I assume there will be farming difficulties, in which case Ninja Tabis and Sunfire Cape are nice for both reduced damage and increasing HP.

Directw

01-31-2013

Cait is one of the strongest ADC in early phase. Without any gap closer skill, it's very hard to out play her.

Like others said, play defensive and get as many cs as you can without dying. Eventually, the lane will be pushed toward your tower frequently. Ask your jungler watch top closely and gank top more often. Other than that, I don't think there is no thing you can do.

Ballzofire

01-31-2013

My question. Why is cait top? Prolly need to hit lv 30 and do draft man. You wont see that bs then

FancifuHarlequin

01-31-2013

Spam ctrl4.

Directw

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzofire View Post
My question. Why is cait top? Prolly need to hit lv 30 and do draft man. You wont see that bs then
Why not? If bot has an offensive support, such as leona, taric, or blitz, and a bruiser jungler, sending another range champ to top is not a bad idea. Especially top enemy has no gap closer skill like singed or darius.

The main goal is to be flexible and counter pick your opponent.

Josefina

02-01-2013

Ganks.