Patch 3.01 Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcetheGolden

01-31-2013

Good thing Codex and Nashor's were nerfed, they were obviously OP. Also, why not just make Heimer's turrets prioritize champs automatically, when not focusing on Heimer's target? It's not like their range will do anything anyway. Plus, BC wasn't nerfed in the areas that it needed to be nerfed in. The reduction's stronger now by 1% for needing to hit someone one more time? Not really getting the proper stat changes.

ChronoStar09

01-31-2013

oh god...what could be the file size of this patch??

flaugernuggets

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by apidaeian View Post
All in good time dude, you gotta get chillaxed
i am not sure if this may be a good thing but in my opinion they should set you up in the first tier of silver. which is likely, but should make it easier for you to get wins in your league

Goliath4591

01-31-2013

And I thought Shaco was nerfed too much before....oh no...

Daemon

01-31-2013

Can't wait for the new ranked system!

It's going to take all the anxiety out of playing ranked. Numbers scare me. Also, less people raging.

Shaeman111

01-31-2013

I literally was loving this entire patch to death. And then I read the "Unable to see win loss ratios on summoner profiles" and now i'm more unhappy than happy.

WithTrinity

01-31-2013

hate this patch. do ANOTHER placement match series?? Forget about it. I liked the elo system and how you can view other people's stats and elo. Starting to get a little frustrated by this game...

SLayerOfNOOB

01-31-2013

good to see tryn getting some love.

The changes to fiendish codex and TF also buff hybrid tryn, if you like that sort of thing.

Ilioneus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
That patch note is about champion losses and win ratios, which are generally just used for complaining in champ select.

"omg ur win ratio is only 20% with ez wtf i'm dodging"
"why aren't you playing taric? you are 10-2 with him wtf so stupid"
etc etc.

You'll still be able to see what champions people have played with the most but you won't see their win ratios (because honestly, it's not a good indicator of skill with that champ until the sample size is very high).
Will you still be able to see other statistics about how good a player is with a specific champion, such as KDA and the number of total games played with that champ?

I have to admit to disappointment that Riot has chosen once again to make fun statistics harder to access. I think there is good information about your teammates in their win rates with certain champions, but even more vital information can be contained within their KDA ratios during those same games. Instead of eliminating our ability to see win-loss ratios, perhaps you could emphasize the statistics that matter more to how those games went for that player? For supports you could include a statistic for how many wards were placed per game; for jungles, you could include a statistic for how many dragons and barons the player killed. There are lots of ways you can make relevant information more accessible to players that would let us get better feelings for what our allies and enemies' strengths and weaknesses are.

I mean, if a pantheon player has an average kill-death-assist ratio of 4 to 1 and yet has lost 4 out of the 6 games played, that information would tell players that he gets a lot of kills with pantheon but his team probably kept him from winning at least some of those 4 games. That would not lead to "ur 2-4 with panth, wtf r u playing him for;" it would allow players to make accurate assessments about their peers.

Since this is a game where the people at the top are already in such a small pool that they know what each other are good at already, removing from lower tiers this tool for learning about opponents and ally's strengths and weaknesses also removes what little information we can gather about our opponents and allies before or during a game.

I do not hold people's statistics against them in pregame chat, nor do I think that I am alone in using lolking quite regularly for my allies and opponents to get a sense of what they are good at. That information helps me decide how I want to play the lane (that is, aggressively, passively, what items to buy, who to gank early, etc.).

So long as you allow me to see relevant information that lets me get a quick and reasonably accurate feeling for how skilled players are with champions, I don't mind you getting rid of the simplistic statistic of how many games someone wins with certain champions. But if you are taking away statistics with no intention of replacing them, then I think you have eliminated an aspect of this game from all but the select few that already know their allies and opponents quite well.

EDIT: the only way for this change to make sense is if you are also eliminating the ability for other people to see each others' match histories. If people can still see match history, and someone had a few bad games, then you have an even WORSE problem than the one you allegedly tried to address by giving people only 10 games to review as opposed to a player's whole record.

Edit^2: As far as adding statistics is concerned, I just want to know the average length of the games that I've played. Without that information, the number of minions killed per game is absolutely meaningless.

SWORD OF ALLAH

01-31-2013

Across the board I like almost every single change, and I spent thirty minutes giving it serious thought. I can't say I agree with the Shaco and Shen changes. Shen is already getting such an Alistar treatment already. Buff his strength back up, gimp his ult shield a bit, nerf his sustain very slightly, and he will be fine. Shaco, I'm not as sure, but like... ****in make his early ganks with red buff not so devastating. Nerf the early shiv passive slow or something. Completely gimping what makes Shaco Shaco(Deceive) is wrong IMO. I say, completely remake his J box move, I don't think it synchronizes at all with his play in many aspects. Its cool for jungling, and it does aid him at times, but I think it could be remade into another move that is way more fluent and stimulating to his play style. That's my input, maybe you guys have already thought into it plenty, and I want to give the benefit of the doubt. GREAT PATCH otherwise, in my opinion

Edit: I would really relate Shaco to the old Katarina. Her W really didn't... add too much to the play. While I think its less of a problem to Shaco, he still always feels like there is something missing, and ends up late game relying on heavy hitting auto attack gear.